Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

SirScholes

Yeah your right it's not as if UEFA and Fifa can be bought. Thankfully they are all about Fair play and what's right.
Can’t see them getting in without playing by the same rules
FFP

and without their game destroying wages and transfer fees they’ll only be able to offer a shit league in the sand

kirk buttercup

Can’t see them getting in without playing by the same rules
FFP

and without their game destroying wages and transfer fees they’ll only be able to offer a shit league in the sand
What are FFP rules? They only seem to apply to certain teams . I get you and I agree with you both. I just have no faith in those who are running football the whole thing is corrupt as hell.

cbmufc

Just let go our best defender by far…Varane is the last worry in this team. He is still young for a center back and just call it a day with France to prolonge his club career.
It’s not football manager.
Lisandro is our best defender and the fact anyone is betting on Varane at 31 given his injury record is mind boggling.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Last edited:

Superden

The phrase is damp squib, not damp squid - although it is a scene from I.T Crowd too, hence the quotes/jokes.

edit - just re-read your post. Did you get me?! :nervous:
IT crowd.. Is that the show where lady what's her name and lady posho get it on?

parmenio

Lisandro is our best defender and the fact anyone is betting on Varane at 31 given his injury record is mind boggling.
Mind boggling the amount of people writing off Varane. Staggering. 31 and he’s done laughable.

the_cliff

I do think we'll buy another midfielder.

I think most of the media has no idea what's going on. Claiming we can't buy unless we sell DVB and Mctominay. The club maybe leaking that info to strengthen our negotiation position. I think we're probably in talks with Amrabat and playing the long game. He's on the last year of his contract, we're probably trying to get a steep discount and waiting till it get's near the end of the transfer window, we'll see whoever bites first, either we give Fiorentina what they want or they give us what we want.

Redfrog

No, he is not. We are defending much better with Varane. He is the one organizing and the calming presence. I like Lisandro but he is not there yet and has been taken off by half time the last game.

I don’t think we will find anyone as good as Varane if we sell him. So I don’t see the point. We are better off with home playing 30 games then without him.

croadyman

I got told by the caf CB isn't a priority this summer when Bayern signed Kim Min-jae
There seems to be a feeling he was looking to be a starter and was worried he wouldn't get that here. Also didn't help he dropped to 4th on priority list after Erik pushed signing a GK into the top 3.

croadyman

I do think we'll buy another midfielder.

I think most of the media has no idea what's going on. Claiming we can't buy unless we sell DVB and Mctominay. The club maybe leaking that info to strengthen our negotiation position. I think we're probably in talks with Amrabat and playing the long game. He's on the last year of his contract, we're probably trying to get a steep discount and waiting till it get's near the end of the transfer window, we'll see whoever bites first, either we give Fiorentina what they want or they give us what we want.
Would love you to be proved right,however my gut feeling is only selling Donny gets Amrabat

cbmufc

No, he is not. We are defending much better with Varane. He is the one organizing and the calming presence. I like Lisandro but he is not there yet and has been taken off by half time the last game.

I don’t think we will find anyone as good as Varane if we sell him. So I don’t see the point. We are better off with home playing 30 games then without him.
I’m not even slating Varane - he’s a top player. Really likeable as well, if he could stay fit he would be perfect.

Again, end of the season. I’m not saying now, what a proactive club would be doing is laying the groundwork’s now for a succession plan. He’s a depreciating asset, cash in.

As for we’re better off playing 30 games with him, not for 340 grand a week we aren’t. We’ll agree to disagree.

Mind boggling the amount of people writing off Varane. Staggering. 31 and he’s done laughable.
Nobody said he’s done, stop being so dramatic. I’m merely saying at the end of the season given the fact he has issues with his fitness, I would sell him for a good chunk of money. If you wait until they are done then don’t moan when they leave on frees, we’ve left it too late with multiple players and got no money back - then wonder why we now have to sell to buy

But by all means be all sentimental and run the risk of him sat on the bench injured on 340 k a week.

Don’t want to clog up the thread any further. We need at least one more before the window closes in midfield or we are dreadfully short.

Vidooq

I’m not even slating Varane - he’s a top player. Really likeable as well, if he could stay fit he would be perfect.

Again, end of the season. I’m not saying now, what a proactive club would be doing is laying the groundwork’s now for a succession plan. He’s a depreciating asset, cash in.

As for we’re better off playing 30 games with him, not for 340 grand a week we aren’t. We’ll agree to disagree.

Nobody said he’s done, stop being so dramatic. I’m merely saying at the end of the season given the fact he has issues with his fitness, I would sell him for a good chunk of money. If you wait until they are done then don’t moan when they leave on frees, we’ve left it too late with multiple players and got no money back - then wonder why we now have to sell to buy

But by all means be all sentimental and run the risk of him sat on the bench injured on 340 k a week.

Don’t want to clog up the thread any further. We need at least one more before the window closes in midfield or we are dreadfully short.
We wont sell Varane. He will stay here till the end of his contract. We are having issues with offloading Harry on 190k, imagine trying to sell a player on double the wages, plus older than Harry, and with patchy injury record.

Where I do agree with you is that it would be a smart strategy for the club to have a younger CB that we can mold into the first team, definitely, and take a bit of games off of Varane, until we can fully integrate the younger CB.

The club definitely needs to be more proactive instead of reactive, if they want any chance of success.

the_cliff

We wont sell Varane. He will stay here till the end of his contract. We are having issues with offloading Harry on 190k, imagine trying to sell a player on double the wages, plus older than Harry, and with patchy injury record.

Where I do agree with you is that it would be a smart strategy for the club to have a younger CB that we can mold into the first team, definitely, and take a bit of games off of Varane, until we can fully integrate the younger CB.

The club definitely needs to be more proactive instead of reactive, if they want any chance of success.
I disagree, I think there'll be takers for Varane for sure. Especially from Saudi Arabia. Players like Varane and Casemiro are legends of the game, there will be teams in for them regardless of age.

Redstain

But United need to learn that there's a disparity between the age of these players with regard to their value. It's very evident in the example of Daniel James that when you sign a younger promising player and it doesn't work, the ability to recuperate value intrinsically is far easier accomplished.

Casemiro and Varane are first team quality undoubtedly but for the business side should be considered short term signings. The longer you hold onto aged players the more they diminish their value and the reason this is important is because United have the highest NET spend in the league, which is the very exact reason FFP is an issue this season.

The club are disturbingly poor at knowing when to compensate value vs performance that's why there's always a deficit in how much spent compared to how much sold. If an offer comes in for either player that is competitive you move them on. It's not a question of their footballing ability but rather the business side of the sport to balance the sheets.

Also the idea that you can't replace varane is nonsensical, there's a reason clubs have a scouting infrastructure to assess the potential and suitability of players. United had more than enough of a capacity to sign the likes of Ruben Dias or Botman before their respective moves to their clubs. There's no way anyone is telling me these players were world class at their previous clubs but look at their impact in the league like anything in life you take a chance.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
He is special - Rosenborg is struggling this year, and the commentators are using him as an example of what is wrong "when a 16 year old, is the one who stands out in every game"

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Probably media peddling bulshit but if true I don't if I'm for it or not.
On hand he actually can pass and evade a press(and be pretty good at it too) and on the other not sure if he's past it or not.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
On hand he actually can pass and evade a press(and be pretty good at it too) and on the other not sure if he's past it or not.
Please be true!!

Suv666

he’s past it

Zed is not dead

I’ve checked and there’s nothing about us being interested in Verratti on either L’equipe website or Twitter

Godfather

Would be another one of the short sighted bullshit signings