Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Fr. Todd Unctious

Just glad we're not being idiotic and selling him. Getting game time outside of OT will be better for him IMO even with our own problems. Don't need to be dumping pressure on the lad

miked99

Where does this weird "Pellestri" is our best right winger come from, as its certainly not based on his performances and talent since joining United or from his loan spells.
He's managed to kick the ball in a straight line a couple of times, or did an eye-catching dribble, or showed a bit of skill one time. Which is pretty much all it takes for said player to be declared our future, before their inevitable 500K transfer to FC Aardvark in three years time.

I'm being flippant, but the continual massive overrating of our youth players based on them doing the most minor things is ridiculous on here.

black country red

Hasn't Gravenberch done next to nothing at Bayern? And we think he's the answer to our problems?

ETH needs to cast his net a lot wider than those he's already familiar with, it's becoming a bit of a joke.
Just curious when did ten hag say he wanted him I must have missed it

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Sheffield United can only register two players on loan from other English clubs in one window (4 players throughout the season). They're looking at several other players to loan in, so Pellistri's loan depends on the two players that they ultimately want to bring in at this time.

2E_MUFC

Antony has been our best attacker in the first 2 games. Not saying much I know but the hate he gets is very forced. He had a decent season for his first. It’s not his fault we over paid for him

Devil81

Antony has been our best attacker in the first 2 games. Not saying much I know but the hate he gets is very forced. He had a decent season for his first. It’s not his fault we over paid for him
He's awful.

Rauður Djöfull

My god this is boring, nothing is happening when a lot should be
Get them leeches out! Every fan should be boycotting anything money and social media related to the club, send a message, get them to sell

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

If United cannot loan/sell Greenwood in this transfer window, then they'll terminate his contract to allow him to join another team as a free agent.

hobbers

If United cannot loan/sell Greenwood in this transfer window, then they'll terminate his contract to allow him to join another team as a free agent.
Genius briefing this to guarantee no bids, loan or permanent, during the transfer window.

Murtough smacks it out the park again.

SirScholes

Sometimes I think people genuinely believe that every new player we sign should be the next Ronaldo or Messi.

The lad is far from awful, stop over-expecting so much.
No we just want him to be a positive addition to the squad, a step forward
He is neither

James35

Genius briefing this to guarantee no bids, loan or permanent, during the transfer window.

Murtough smacks it out the park again.
Exactly my thought. Hmmm shall we pay something for him now or just wait 10 days and take him as a free agent. Tough call.

skc_18

Sometimes I think people genuinely believe that every new player we sign should be the next Ronaldo or Messi.

The lad is far from awful, stop over-expecting so much.
I really want to understand what’s your opinion based on. Antony is probably the only player in the team whom opponents don’t give a damn about and hence gets lot of space and time on the right and still does nothing.
compare that with Garnacho or Rashford on the left , if they are given space they atleast take the ball into opponents penalty box where as Antony either just lays over to full back or back to a CM or CB.

I Am Zlatan

Another season, another goalkeeper signing, hopefully we can finally offload Henderson now.

Lee565

What sucks about the pellestri loan is that it means sancho is definitely staying for another forgettable season from him

saik

Man Utd doing pre-medical on Altay Bayindir in Greece ahead of possible €5m move for Fenerbahce GK. #MUFC want to asses back issue before opting to sign 25yo or other. Also depends on Dean Henderson exit; #CPFC most likely as thing stand @TheAthleticFC

https://x.com/david_ornstein/status/1694007826790621598?s=46&t=eCh5Esnz8Fe5EecBqMstPA
That tweet you copied didn't load for me. Not sure if others could see. Is this an England thing where tweets won't show because Twitter domain had updated to 'X' for you guys?

James35

Couldn’t give a feck about a number 2 GK, seriously hope we are getting a good fee for Henderson then if he goes and not some shitty loan.

Von Mistelroum

Well we can't sign a midfielder, backup CB, backup striker... But at least we will have infinite goalies!

Dannn411

That tweet you copied didn't load for me. Not sure if others could see. Is this an England thing where tweets won't show because Twitter domain had updated to 'X' for you guys?

Call me when we sign a midfielder.

JimmyWils

I really want to understand what’s your opinion based on. Antony is probably the only player in the team whom opponents don’t give a damn about and hence gets lot of space and time on the right and still does nothing.
compare that with Garnacho or Rashford on the left , if they are given space they atleast take the ball into opponents penalty box where as Antony either just lays over to full back or back to a CM or CB.
Granted Rashford is great on the other side but as much as I like Garnacho, he's been near useless the first 2 games this season. I'd argue that Antony has looked a lot more threatening.

Chairman Steve

As a heads up, if anyone wants to have the X posts show up and not have to just post the URL, take that long number between ‘status/‘ and ‘?’ and paste it in between the [MEDIA = twitter][/MEDIA] HTML coding (remove the spacing between the square brackets)

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Tweets don’t work for me anymore :(

James35

Would You say that when Onana and Heaton gets injured?
Well in that highly unlikely scenario I’d say we could use Vitek. Or maybe not have sold Kovar or just keep Henderson whether he likes it or not.

I’m actually worried about the more likely injury to Casemiro and having to rely on McTominay to be our DM. A midfield signing should be of the upmost importance transfer priority especially since Fred left.

Feck Henderson unless it’s a sale worth a lot more money than what we would spend on his replacement. If it’s only loan offers, keep him here as he is under contract.

Robertd0803

Tier 2:

Meaning why should any club waste time in offering to loan or buy him until then...

dejans

Well in that highly unlikely scenario I’d say we could use Vitek. Or maybe not have sold Kovar or just keep Henderson whether he likes it or not.

I’m actually worried about the more likely injury to Casemiro and having to rely on McTominay to be our DM. A midfield signing should be of the upmost importance transfer priority especially since Fred left.

Feck Henderson unless it’s a sale worth a lot more money than what we would spend on his replacement. If it’s only loan offers, keep him here as he is under contract.
Well, EtH had this highly unlikely scenario at Ajax and I seem to recall that this happened to other clubs aswell with first 2 GK injured.
Thats why EtH is "obsessed" with GK, because we had a mere in this departament also.
As a GK myself it makes a lot of sense.

Agreed about Casemiro though. 100%.
Hopefully Amrabat deal happens.

Blood Mage

ETH only looking at players he's worked with before means he probably doesn't trust our scouts? Just like Ole and Mourinho didn't. There's probably a good reason for that, decades behind the times like most other areas of the club perhaps.