Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

NLunited

I've been watching both of them for years. Varane is a better passer of the ball than Maguire. I doubt many people would disagree with me on that.
Varane was better last year, right now Maguire is the better passer. Confidence/form plays a role.

stevoc

Varane was better last year, right now Maguire is the better passer. Confidence/form plays a role.
Being given a run in the team usually helps a player regain their form, a luxury not afforded to Varane for reasons.

I don't agree on Maguires passing, it's just been his usual level of passing this season. He's ok but he tries too many long range diagonals.

hobbers

Asking Fergie for advice on sporting directors is about as useful as asking him to sort out plasma technology so we can achieve nuclear fusion. Do these idiots think he's been keeping abreast of the European DoF scene?

If true it's a dire reflection on our new bitpart owners and if not it's another reminder of how moronic and derivative sports journos are.

NLunited

Being given a run in the team usually helps a player regain their form, a luxury not afforded to Varane for reasons.

I don't agree on Maguires passing, it's just been his usual level of passing this season. He's ok but he tries too many long range diagonals.
The diagonals are usually spot on, why would you have an issue with that?

stevoc

The diagonals are usually spot on, why would you have an issue with that?
That wouldn't be my assessment after watching the guy regularly over the last 5 years.

But regardless it's his go to pass even when other (often better) passing options are available.

red_de_pologne

That wouldn't be my assessment after watching the guy regularly over the last 5 years.

But regardless it's his go to pass even when other (often better) passing options are available.
We’re taking about his current form though and his long passes are really helping our game at the moment

Juicy Juiced

Would be crazy to let Varane and Case in January window. We probably end up in EL and will have long season.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Would be crazy to let Varane and Case in January window. We probably end up in EL and will have long season.
That depends if we get in proper replacements - the way they have played this season, none of them deserve a place in the team

Paul778

Surely the whole point of getting Paul Mitchell or equivalent in is to stop doing these ludicrous punts on players on silly money when chancee are we can identify someone at around a 1/4 of the price that would be a massive upgrade on what we have.

Get all of our players to be in the top 6 in their position across the EPL week in week out and then start to think about superstars.

OmarUnited4ever

The links that mention possible exits of Cas & Varane are very tenuous and not worth mentioning, at least not yet.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Surely the whole point of getting Paul Mitchell or equivalent in is to stop doing these ludicrous punts on players on silly money when chancee are we can identify someone at around a 1/4 of the price that would be a massive upgrade on what we have.

Get all of our players to be in the top 6 in their position across the EPL week in week out and then start to think about superstars.
Surely top 6 in their position would mean taking huge punts/buying superstars though.

Juicy Juiced

That depends if we get in proper replacements - the way they have played this season, none of them deserve a place in the team
I would rather keep them till summer and wait for new recruitment people. Knowing our current board we would replace them with Modric/Kross and Sergio Ramos.
They are both professional (you don't play for RM for decade if you are not one, just ask Bale and Hazard) and they will do a job when they all called upon.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I agree. None of the first team should be sold in January. We are already struggling with the squad we have. I think we will have a limited window and all our resources need to go into an experienced goal scorer. We can’t be fanning around with ‘replacements’ especially when they won’t be a patch on the quality Cas and Rapha have.
The only players leaving should be those on the periphery - Sancho, DVB etc…. I wouldn’t even be selling Martial until the summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 3:

Forson's contract is up at the end of the season. Interestingly, the article itself doesn't cite an author, but I'm assuming it's from Railston given that he's the only one to Tweet this out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Players don’t understand the concept of fighting for your position. Lose place for one game, player becomes unhappy. It’s ridiculous.

lysglimt

Scout
Players don’t understand the concept of fighting for your position. Lose place for one game, player becomes unhappy. It’s ridiculous.

There are too few Winston Bogardes in the world - players who accept that they wouldn't play every week - but still trained hard :)

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What's he got to be unhappy with, apart from constantly being injured? That's not the club's fault.

I'm calling bullshit on this.
And why would Bayern want a high salary, well past his best CB that's never fit.

Juicy Juiced

I know Varane personaly. There is more to this story. Varane is model pro, family man, humble...
EtH can't handle big players .Ronaldo, Casemiro, Varane...

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I get the feeling Varane may have to stop normal team training ala Ledley King or RVP as He probably cannot train like a normal player any more.