Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

cbmufc

'An incredibly bad season', what a load of absolute shite. We are 6th with an utterly ridiculous injury crisis for the whole season.
Laughable mate but our spoilt support don't help.

saik

Why always frickin loans? Let the guy go, recoup some fee and move on ffs.
Ain't it obvious? No one wants to pay any fee for him. We can't release him either as that will cost us(to pay him compensation) so they best we could do is loan. I'm pretty sure Sancho will end up in the same situation.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Ain't it obvious? No one wants to pay any fee for him. We can't release him either as that will cost us(to pay him compensation) so they best we could do is loan. I'm pretty sure Sancho will end up in the same situation.
And then we get lumbered with them again once they flop ala Martial. It’s so infuriating the way this club conducts business.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It amazes me that people don’t understand the ‘demand’ part of supply and demand

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Don't you think we would do if anyone was willing to pay one?
It amazes me that people don’t understand the ‘demand’ part of supply and demand
I understand perfectly well but the CL b should be working harder to get theee players out. We still have costs involved in paying wages of a player on loan, and losing the player for free without having them around to use ourselves.
Just now we have AWB, Varane, Martial who are all going to be out of contract and potentially leaving on a free. It’s a really stupid and wasteful way for the business to go.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I understand perfectly well but the CL b should be working harder to get theee players out. We still have costs involved in paying wages of a player on loan, and losing the player for free without having them around to use ourselves.
Just now we have AWB, Varane, Martial who are all going to be out of contract and potentially leaving on a free. It’s a really stupid and wasteful way for the business to go.
Dunno what you want them to do. If no club wants them then we can't sell, it's as simple as that.

You'll find that the reluctance to let them go on a free and try and retain value is exactly why we have these players still. It's why Phil Jones lasted for so long.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
BVB are looking around for left-backs - in addition to Fran Garcia, Sergio Reguilón is also on the list. Dortmund have already enquired about him. The 26-year-old Spaniard is currently on loan from Tottenham to Man United, but can cancel the loan with a clause.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Barça contact Djurgården for the Swedish starlet Lucas Bergvall.
United having inquired about Bergvall isn't new. Moretto himself has also reported that United have made no progress with Bergvall unlike both Barcelona and Inter.

Red00012

He just needs to go. Terrible deal it must be said . Father Ted and Father Dougal would run the club better.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
How much do you think he's worth?
Exactly that. Somehow we manage to make all our players worth nothing. It's always loan deals where we cover most of the wages, on an option to buy, for basically peanuts.

In greenwood's case a loan deal where we cover the wages and give up 20% of any future transfer fee we get for him. You can't make this stuff up.

Fletchageddon

Exactly that. Somehow we manage to make all our players worth nothing. It's always loan deals where we cover most of the wages, on an option to buy, for basically peanuts.

In greenwood's case a loan deal where we cover the wages and give up 20% of any future transfer fee we get for him. You can't make this stuff up.
Nobody was taking him otherwise. We handed them a PR bomb. We also buy badly because we have no DOF. So teams know the guys we are getting rid of can be had cheaply because the current manager has no use for them.

Withnail

Well I take the general point but nobody was touching Greenwood with a bargepole, to be fair.

caid

Dont think we should sell Varane or Casemiro. Not like were overburdened with talent in either position

saivet

Dont think we should sell Varane or Casemiro. Not like were overburdened with talent in either position
I agree and certainly not in January. We should be planning to replace both long term but getting rid now would be short sighted.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I agree and certainly not in January. We should be planning to replace both long term but getting rid now would be short sighted.
If they were sold I'm sure there are replacements lined up

saivet

If they were sold I'm sure there are replacements lined up
Options would be more limited in January and less of a bedding in period for the recruits. Think the transition in a summer transfer window should be preferable.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Options would be more limited in January and less of a bedding in period for the recruits. Think the transition in a summer transfer window should be preferable.
Only Todibo really, but even then I don't want to let go of Varane. Perhaps discussions were taking place for the summer window.

glasgow 21

So he went for a swanky lunch basically.
Absolutely not.
He went on a jolly
Pretending to actually try and sell someone for actually cash ( if you believe this? I have a investment to talk to you about)
He is having a look for alternative employment.
Networking knowing his days are numbered.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

For reference, here's the official announcement. They didn't mention any one-year option anywhere, and just as they did with the Matic announcement, they bedded in the option year into the total contract length.