Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If we get Morgan, Otamendi, Ramos & a top class striker - i'll f*ckin cream my pants :D
Even with just a good goalkeeper, Otamendi, Memphis, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and a Striker we can still win the league if Luke Shaw stays fit. :) Smalling stepped up last season, I would consider Ramos as bonus.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oblak's agent is someone named Miha Mlakar, but apparently Mendes has some vested interests in the player from his time in Portugal and even offered him to Peter Lim. At this point, I believe it would serve United well to cut all ties with Mendes who isn't beyond leveraging certain deals and whoring players out across Europe. There are certain benefits to maintaining a working relationship with him in fairness, but the arrangement hasn't served us well in recent seasons, plus Mendes is a snake who will inevitably backstab Woody and co. if and when the gravy train stops. I think Fergie and Gill were onto something when they made him a distant thought towards the end of their tenure.
How does Mendes manage to have interests in so many players??? I really would like Oblak, but very wary of us continuing to deal with Mendes. I agree with all of your post - the man is absolute poison.

R'hllor

This whole plane trackin thing has taken on a new life on here - f*ckin hilarious :lol:

How do i get involved? :lol:
How the heck i know :lol:,make a thread where people can sign up and get recruited (why i even got this idea on the 1st place),i have seen some mental stuff here but yesterday...oh boy

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Even with just a good goalkeeper, Otamendi, Memphis, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and a Striker we can still win the league if Luke Shaw stays fit. :) Smalling stepped up last season, I would consider Ramos as bonus.
Totally agree man. The most important thing is to get the spine sorted & that we're solid. There's no reason why we shouldnt think big, if we get all those pieces in place :devil:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Well, it's doubtful we'll sign two centre backs anyway, as we aren't going to shift any of Smalling, Rojo, Jones or McNair.
No need to shift anyone Glan, but we need upgrades on what we have. Smalling's our best CB, but other than that - we can bring in much better than the rest.

If we want to win things - its a necessity to bring in 2 top-class CB's. I'd still be delighted with Otamendi being our only CB though, but would worry about his partner Smalling, being injured for large parts of the season though..

Glanville95

No need to shift anyone Glan, but we need upgrades on what we have. Smalling's our best CB, but other than that - we can bring in much better than the rest.

If we want to win things - its a necessity to bring in 2 top-class CB's. I'd still be delighted with Otamendi being our only CB though, but would worry about his partner Smalling, being injured for large parts of the season though..
We would probably need two centre backs to win the Champions League, but domestically? I don't agree, Smalling is one of the best centre backs in the league and Rojo and Jones are good enough cover.

I think the last point is exaggerated a bit. Forgive me if my memory is skewed, but did Smalling really miss large portions of the season like many are citing? He has spells out yes, but wasn't as injury prone as Evans, who must be shifted, and Jones who needs more competition. I have faith in Smalling as a first teamer, he's grown as a player and leader. One centre back will suffice IMO.

settembrini

I think the last point is exaggerated a bit. Forgive me if my memory is skewed, but did Smalling really miss large portions of the season like many are citing? He has spells out yes, but wasn't as injury prone as Evans, who must be shifted, and Jones who needs more competition. I have faith in Smalling as a first teamer, he's grown as a player and leader. One centre back will suffice IMO.
In the last two seasons Smalling has had relatively minor fitness problems. He made either the team or the bench for 30/38 league games in both 13/14 and 14/15.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
We would probably need two centre backs to win the Champions League, but domestically? I don't agree, Smalling is one of the best centre backs in the league and Rojo and Jones are good enough cover.

Smalling's injury record has been terrible & he's not suddenly gonna be fit as fiddle & injury-free just like that. Same as Jones too..

I'm seriously baffled why folk are content with mediocrity, when there's far better players out there than what we have & will bring us onto the next level!

Glanville95

Smalling's injury record has been terrible & he's not suddenly gonna be fit as fiddle & injury-free just like that. Same as Jones too..

I'm seriously baffled why folk are content with mediocrity, when there's far better players out there than what we have & will bring us onto the next level!
Well Settembrini has just provided hard evidence that proves Smalling features regularly, which renders the injury-prone point moot.

I'm not content with mediocrity. As I said, Smalling is now one of the best defenders in the league and due to his performances last season deserves his place in the first team. To me, that's indisputable.

Status
Not open for further replies.