Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suggs

Omid Zamani‏@OmldZamani
Catalunya Ràdio (highly reliable) confirms that at the moment Man United are NOT in talks with Barcrlona over a deal to sign Pedro Rodriguez
Catalunya Ràdio also confirms that Pedro wants to leave Barcelona & the club is aware of it but will sell 'only' if release clause is met.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
In hindsight he may have wished he didn't. :)
Nope, not at all.

This is the transfer tweets thread, after all. Doesn't say anything about not being able to post Hibernian tweets. I thought there maybe some Hibernian fans around wanting some news.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Omid Zamani‏@OmldZamani
Catalunya Ràdio (highly reliable) confirms that at the moment Man United are NOT in talks with Barcrlona over a deal to sign Pedro Rodriguez
Catalunya Ràdio also confirms that Pedro wants to leave Barcelona & the club is aware of it but will sell 'only' if release clause is met.
I don't think we'll sign. Seemed too convenient that Woodward fed the press with the info which I can't ever remember him doing on another signing.

Suggs

I don't think we'll sign. Seemed too convenient that Woodward fed the press with the info which I can't ever remember him doing on another signing.
Well, he didn't really.
Most information about Pedro to United came from Spanish press.

J-Stander

Well, he didn't really.
Most information about Pedro to United came from Spanish press.
It didn't initially. The first reports of our interest came from all the journos out in America with the club.

Empire

I think a lot of you need to understand how much a better midfield will help our defence. They only variable really that exists is injuries. With Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, McNair and Evans if he stays we are well stocked with CBs. Ramos interest was probably because of the DDG situation and if theres a chance at going after a WC player like him then we would be interested. I think barring a massive injury crisis we will be much improved at the back especially with a proper right back in Darmian.
Darmian is an upgrade on Valencia, Shaw played less than half of our games last season, Rojo is in his second season, Jones and Smalling are more experienced and this is important since last season was their first without Vidic or Rio, Schneiderlin will offer more protection to the defence, when Carrick gets injured we have Schweinsteiger (no Rooney or Herrera as the 6), the team will be better at keeping the ball putting less pressure on the defence, a good attack will also take pressure off the defence by helping us get more leads to protect earlier.

And also as you mentioned the ridiculous injury crisis that plagued part of last season likely won't repeat itself. We should expect the defence to perform considerably better than last season, I'd sooner add Pedro and after that (assuming the loss of Angel di Maria) only a world class talent if he becomes available, seems like the manager intends on doing exactly that.

What attitude over Neuer?
He didn't want Bayern to buy him as he wanted to use the back-up keeper Kraft who was nowhere near good enough, it would have been like Fergie kicking out VdS and playing Foster.
He didn't wanted Neuer, but nothing special other then that. He acted like an idiot with Butt though, benching him for Kraft(?).
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/6787801/van-gaal-in-neuer-admission

Bayern Munich boss Louis van Gaal has admitted his interest in signing Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.

Van Gaal has stoked the fires ahead of Bayern's German Cup semi-final with Schalke on Wednesday by declaring his interest in the Germany international.

Highly-rated keeper Neuer has been continually linked with a move to Bayern with the players establishing himself as one of the best young shot-stoppers in Europe.

Youngster Thomas Kraft is currently No.1 keeper at the Allianz Arena, but Van Gaal would be happy to have Neuer on board to provide competition at the club.

"I think we could do with Manuel Neuer," Van Gaal told Bild. "A top team needs two top players in every position - in goal is no different.

"If Kraft can not accept this, then I recommend he leaves."

Neuer has shrugged off Van Gaal's comments as mind games ahead of the cup semi-final meeting between the two sides.

"That is only a little trick before the semi-final," noted Neuer.
"A top team needs two top players in every position", he keeps saying that here.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I think it's only fair if our current centre backs get a decent chance with an actual midfield in front of them. In the 18 games Carrick played last year (16 starts), we conceded 12 goals and in the 20 without him, we conceded 25. Imagine the results with more than one/two decent midfielders?
Very good point man, but would you not prefer to have the same quality of player at CB as we have in CM though?

If we had that - we'd be odds on for the title & one of the favourites for the Champions League imo..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@Empire
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9453228.stm

Hoeness carried on by blaming Van Gaal for the recent crowd protests against his own person, saying the Dutchman's opposition to the planned bid for Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer had created divisions in the club.

"The Manuel Neuer issue would never have escalated like it did and we would never have had any problems with the fans," he said.
I will defend my name!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Very good point man, but would you not prefer to have the same quality of player at CB as we have in CM though?

If we had that - we'd be odds on for the title & one of the favourites for the Champions League imo..
It's unfair to judge our current centre backs under previous circumstances. However, with the CM additions we've made, we'll be able to get a proper understanding of how good our CB's are. They're all either young or very young, which means they have plenty of time to develop into better players.

prath92

I think playing Blind at CB paints a big target on us though, in a different type of league he'd be mostly ok, but in the PL we have teams that use a lot of aerial attacks and he'd be singled out in every game we play against teams that carry a physical presence, and I don't think there's a way to keep possession to the point that it negates such a glaring weak spot. We'd have to be Barca circa 2009-11 good to protect someone with as many deficiencies as Blind at CB IMO.
He is a good reader of the game, intercepts, tackles well enough, passer of the ball. Not too short( 5'11" I think?) Has decent pace. he isn't built like zouma. I don't want him at CB but it's not at all horrible. Plus if we play with schweini/carrick and Schneiderlin that means it's easier for CBs to defend.

J-Stander

He is a good reader of the game, intercepts, tackles well enough, passer of the ball. Not too short( 5'11" I think?) Has decent pace. he isn't built like zouma. I don't want him at CB but it's not at all horrible. Plus if we play with schweini/carrick and Schneiderlin that means it's easier for CBs to defend.
He doesn't have decent pace at all. His reading of the game might enable him to get away with at times but he's really slow.

prath92

He doesn't have decent pace at all. His reading of the game might enable him to get away with at times but he's really slow.
That's really not true. He may not have the pace of Kyle walker or raheem sterling or so but he isn't slower than carrick, mertasacker,Evans, Cahill and many other CBs. All of them live on positioning

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
hopefully that ends the La Finca thing here @carvajal . I really can't stand such a scenario
Maybe he bought it as a investment but he is too good to stay in Dortmund.We are not even in August @darioterios ,many things can happen yet.If United sells Di María would have a lot of money to spend,although the other clubs are aware of this and probably you will pay too much for the new signings.Karim could go to Arsenal...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Calls for LVG to be sacked from the replies to that tweet because he doesn't want to sign a defender for €50m who has had just one good season in their career.

Devil may care

He's not a good tackler for a CB, he sticks his foot in, in the box, he's also slow, weak and short for a CB for the PL, he'll get eaten alive no matter who our midfield is. .

cyberman

They just reported that Woody wanted to tie things up with Pedro before approaching Barca
They made two stories out of one

Ixion

Van Gaal definitely said at the start of the tour he was hoping to bring in a couple more players. Surely that wasn't just Romero and Ramos.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm pretty confident there'll be another opportunist signing or two before the transfer deadline. Reckon we'll get another surprise.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We need to get to that point of the window when agents get desperate and start shopping their clients around, kind of like Falcao last season.

Devil may care

Van Gaal definitely said at the start of the tour he was hoping to bring in a couple more players. Surely that wasn't just Romero and Ramos.
Given his recent comments about needing a creative game changer in attack I imagine he was talking about Ramos and a forward, now it looks like Ramos is not happening so it'll just be(hopefully) a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.