Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
He will want to go but not in a million years will Coutinho play dirty tricks to engineer it - all consensus seems to be that he's a genuine humble guy who feels extremely grateful to Liverpool for helping him develop to his current level. Besides, he is 25 and has nothing to lose by showing off in the Champions League for Liverpool and at the World Cup, at which time Barcelona (and whoever else) will be even more desperate for him.
Dirty tricks? Nah he won't do that. I could see him being more straightforward about it though and simply asking for a transfer.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If they don't make a few signings Coutinho should try to force a move. They are going nowhere as a club as things stand.

VanGaalyTime

I know he's well informed. I just don't get why he'd say there isn't a second bid of €90m when nobody said there was a second bid of €90m in the first place. The alleged bid was €100m.
It sounds to me like Liverpool are privately telling him they would sell at 90. And so he's saying that if their had been a bid for him, he'd be gone.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
If they don't make a few signings Coutinho should try to force a move. They are going nowhere as a club as things stand.
'As things stand' We have made signings and looking to add more, we won't go nowhere as a club if we sell our best players thats why were standing firm and saying he's not for sale.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I know he's well informed. I just don't get why he'd say there isn't a second bid of €90m when nobody said there was a second bid of €90m in the first place. The alleged bid was €100m.
I guess refuting a false story of a false figure allows alleged details to be secondary.

Robbie Boy

Oh I hope Chelsea sign Drinkwater. Nowhere near a top level player. Was gash last season.

Last edited:

EyeInTheSky

This is nonsense honestly. Coutinho's a brilliant player. If anything he's hugely underrated by non-Scousers. Without Coutinho that Liverpool team would have no chance at the top 4. He'd be irreplaceable and there's absolutely no way they will sell him imo, nor should they. I'd be delighted if they were crazy enough to let him go.
he is erratic and blows hot and cold too much to be priced anywhere near that amount. He gets the license to shoot no matter the situation from any distance, not so many players get that privilege. He became more consistent right at the end of last season but the majority of the time he was a big contributor to why they finished 8th last season. He's either brilliant or missing with the latter being the higher in ratio.

Not nonsense just common sense.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Who are Paris United and how have they suddenly become god level in terms of reliability? Could do with a few more of those.