Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I bet John Henry is dying to accept it.
Of course he is. Henry would drive Coutinho the airport himself if he could, even for the latest bid. He knows he can't, however, as they've had a horrid transfer window so far and there'd be a fan revolt at Anfield.

Barcelona are just unlucky that Liverpool themselves are inept are getting players in.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Of course he is. Henry would drive Coutinho the airport himself if he could, even for the latest bid. He knows he can't, however, as they've had a horrid transfer window so far and there'd be a fan revolt at Anfield.

Barcelona are just unlucky that Liverpool themselves are inept are getting players in.

Think this is the main point. They will big up keeping him out of Barca's clutches to cover up their own ineptitude in signing new players.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
They are basically morons. If Barca are indeed offering that much, they could turn buy 3 quality players over the next couple of windows and take the squad to an entirely new level. Losing him could be mitigated if they keep the rest of their key players healthy until Jan.
No we couldn't. We have been trying for at least two but the clubs do not want to sell as they have no need to. It's not a case of us being incapable of getting the deal done more as they don't want or need to sell same as it is with us and Coutinho.

Think they are just trying to make themselves look big by standing up to Barcelona.
Well it's about time someone did. Get fed up with the way Barcelona and Real Madrid feel it there God given right to have any player once they decide they want them, but will throw their toys out of the pram if a club says no or even worse a club wants one of their star players

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Form our pov best he stays at Liverpool, as I think they would strengthen with £150m investment, even without Coutinho, and Barcelona remain without quality incomings.

Seems as though many years of karma are coming home to roost for Barcelona

Raoul

Admin
Staff
No we couldn't. We have been trying for at least two but the clubs do not want to sell as they have no need to. It's not a case of us being incapable of getting the deal done more as they don't want or need to sell same as it is with us and Coutinho.
I'm not talking about Keita or any players in this window. I'm thinking more long term - the winter window and next summer. That's a massive pile of cash to have for a player who is scarcely worth half of that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm not talking about Keita or any players in this window. I'm thinking more long term - the winter window and next summer. That's a massive pile of cash to have for a player who is scarcely worth half of that.
agreed. would rather they kept Coutinho.

mad1max954

Form our pov best he stays at Liverpool, as I think they would strengthen with £150m investment, even without Coutinho, and Barcelona remain without quality incomings.
Possibly, but doubt they will be able to before the transfer window shuts.

Part of me would love to see Barca spunk 140mils on coutinho! They really have lost the plot

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
agreed. would rather they kept Coutinho.
What are you agreeing with? He said we should sell Coutinho and sit on the cash for 6 months to a year, because that would do us good wouldn't it, but you are saying we should keep him.

Last post of the day for me 5 reached already.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What are you agreeing with? He said we should sell Coutinho and sit on the cash for 6 months to a year, because that would do us good wouldn't it, but you are saying we should keep him.

That's a massive pile of cash to have for a player who is scarcely worth half of that.
Think he's agreeing with that bit. He'd rather you kept Coutinho so you can't use the money to make your team stronger.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

I'm saying if I were Liverpool I'd sell him in a shot for the numbers being quoted, as that could be wisely invested over next 12 months for the team to come out stronger.

But personally, I hope Liverpool keep him because Liverpool with Coutinho - £150m is not as threatening medium term as Liverpool without Coutinho + £150m!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Possibly, but doubt they will be able to before the transfer window shuts.

Part of me would love to see Barca spunk 140mils on coutinho! They really have lost the plot
They really genuinely have. And everyone outside the Barcelona Boardroom can see it. :lol:

pascell

I hear flying back to Brazil for the season until you get a transfer to the club you want is all the range.
Not to forget having a few rounds of golf whilst you're there, how can you say no?!

He's playing his cards wrong imo, if Liverpool don't sell and he starts pulling stunts like that and doesn't play, he won't go to the WC.

iHicksy

I'm actually finding it hilarious that Liverpool aren't selling. They really are a completely clueless club when it comes to transfers.

Not only are they completely over rating Coutinho but they are helping to create a situation where they are in a much worse situation if they keep him.

He's refused to play, he's actively burning all bridges with the club in an attempt to join Barca. Now if and when he stays the atmosphere in the dressing room will be toxic, the players and Jurgen will know he doesn't want to be there and his performances will likely suffer. The fans will turn on him, especially Liverpool fans as they are so deluded they can't comprehend a player wanting to leave for a true European giant as they still live under the delusion of being Barca's equal.

Not only that but he'll be eyeing a move to any big European club that comes calling because he know nows if he signs a new contract he's going to be trapped at the club as they refuse to transfer even for transfer fees twice is worth, and then some. He's never going to sign a new contract and he's going to be looking to leave. I imagine he'll be moaning to his Brazilian team mates about how ridiculous the club are being (in his eyes) and those same players will let it be known to their club teams that he wants out.

What is going to happen is next season or the season after he's going to finally get a move and Liverpool will have to accept something around 70mil for him, that's if he doesn't completely tail off and sulk, in which case his value plummets even further.

el3mel

Three: Danilo, Mendy and Walker. Danilo currently cover at both LB and RB. They have Maffeo as an RB too but he's out on loan at Girona.
I think that's pretty enough imo. They main right and left backs with one covering both positions.