Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

pascell

Have you watched him recently? He had an absolute stinker of a loan spell at Stoke, I'd be surprised if he reaches 10 goals.
One bad season under a different style of play means a player is garbage. He only player 10 games for Stoke, he'll get more game time at Swansea.

He scored a lot of goals for Swansea leading to his move to City, if they get the service to him, he'll score plenty of goals for them.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Can't see Arsenal signing Lemar today.

Even if by some miracle Monaco agree to sell, why would Lemar join a sinking ship?

Monaco are in the Champions League and are a better team than Arsenal anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Even if by some miracle Monaco agree to sell, why would Lemar join a sinking ship?

A far bigger wage. Otherwise no one would have left because no one really joined far better clubs this summer.

ravi2

If we really wanted to feck over both City and Arsenal it seems we should just go for Lemar.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
OX is 40m (published everywhere)
Fair enough but still less than what Utd have spent, but it doesn't matter how much you spend but what you are getting for your money and the need you have for that player. Think we have done ok in the what you get market but crap in the what you need one

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think they could have squeezed more than 60m out of City. What if we had offered 70m?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's hardly controversial to try to have 2 good players for each position. We have PL, FA, LC and CL to play this year, and only Hazard, Pedro and Willian for the 2 winger slots, with a youngster as backup. Mahrez would make perfect sense.
I agree.

Do you agree this has come out of the blue? Have you been really linked with him this year? The way I'm seeing this, you've missed out on a couple of key targets this year (Lukaku and now seemingly Llorente) and losing Matic has an air of mystery around it. It doesn't really seem that Conte is happy with that.

So with that in mind, spending £40m+ on a player you haven't been linked with at the last minute is a bit of panic, imo.

Have you been linked with many wingers at all? I wasn't aware that was a position you were looking to spend on.

For what it's worth, I would've loved him here and I think he improves you guys.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

The great Lacina Traoré is joining the promoted Amiens on a 1 year loan.

djdhrubs

Given the current madness permeating the transfer market, is there time for us to buy Mahrez for 45m and sell Lingard for 100m a few minutes later?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I agree.

Do you agree this has come out of the blue? Have you been really linked with him this year? The way I'm seeing this, you've missed out on a couple of key targets this year (Lukaku and now seemingly Llorente) and losing Matic has an air of mystery around it. It doesn't really seem that Conte is happy with that.

So with that in mind, spending £40m+ on a player you haven't been linked with at the last minute is a bit of panic, imo.

Have you been linked with many wingers at all? I wasn't aware that was a position you were looking to spend on.

For what it's worth, I would've loved him here and I think he improves you guys.
We desperately need that kind of depth. Sorely lacking atm. We're way behind the other sides despite them being purported to have had an awful window. People forget we had the most to do prior to the window. Ah well the proof will be in the pudding this season.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
If you are Liverpool, United or Chelsea would you not try to f*ck with the Lemar deal just to screw Arsenal and City. :D

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
If you are Liverpool, United or Chelsea would you not try to f*ck with the Lemar deal just to screw Arsenal and City. :D
Sky Shit News saying Liverpool have no intention of matching the Arsenal bid. We will have to see if any of this is true or even if Lemar wants to join either of us.

Dismember

For Torino though, De Silvestri has easily replaced Zappacosta as right back already in the first two matches, of course he has more experience but Torino have made a lot of money with their right back slot still covered well, and now they used the money to buy a winger (Niang from Milan). From Torino's perspective it's not a loss at all. From Chelsea's perspective it depends on how he's used of course. He's a decent player, if [Irrelevant point] can perform the way he is performing, why not bet on Zappacosta doing well ?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We desperately need that kind of depth. Sorely lacking atm. We're way behind the other sides despite them being purported to have had an awful window. People forget we had the most to do prior to the window. Ah well the proof will be in the pudding this season.
You're a Liverpool fan? I was replying to a Chelsea fan?

Maybe I'm not doing a good job of making my point. The transfer makes sense. The way I see it as panic is that they haven't been linked to him (or other wingers), they've missed out on a few targets and at the last minute chuck this money at Leicester.

I don't think they'll regret it in any way. Its a good transfer, just a panicky one imo.