Transfer Wishlist Options

jesperjaap

Think the best thing about many peoples options, is unlike a lot of seasons, I do think a lot of them are realsitic signings rather than dream ones. Apart from feeling De Ligt will choose someone else probably Barca and Dybala I dont see being interested in coming to us the only concern is that it turns out we arent in for any of these players and are after different ones...such as Bruno Fernandes. I hope we get it right this summer as lets face it, none of our windows have been great fully for a long time now, I would say the Pogba window was the best, yet two of those players went within 18 months for different reasons and Bailly still has a lot to prove after a good start. It is good that we are talking of four big signings since Ole took over, lets face it we probably needed seven or eight under Mourinho

RasTiaGba

Watching MOTD they've said the newspapers are saying Coutinho would like to sign for United

I'd sign him as he's a top player in this league but you never know how he'll fit in

Manutd1990

1 Milan skriniar, Jadon Sancho, Djibril Sidibe, Adrien Rabiot.

2 Kostas manolas, Douglas costa, Thomas Meunier, Wilfred Ndidi

3 Nikola Milenkovic, Leon Bailey, Kieran tierney, (fosu mensah/dalot rb) Declan Rice

Fosu-Mens

CB:
1. de Ligt.
2. Ake.
3. Alderweireld.

FB(Can play on either side):
1. Meunier.
2. Tierney.
3. F. Mendy.

Midfielder:
1. Pellegrini.
2. Rodri.
3. Ibrahim Sangare.

Attacker:
1. Sarabia.
2. Suso.
3. Jovic.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
In:

DeLigt IF possible

One of Rafael, muniere or wan bissaka for RB
Tierney for LB

Out of box suggestions for CM - Kante and Gundogan

Or Rabiot, Rice, Savic. Rodrigo too hard to get

I’d be happy with Coutinho in the #10 role

DeGea
Rafael-smalling-lindelof-Shaw/Tierney
Kante
Gundogan/Herrera - Pogba
Coutinho
Rashford-martial

Get rid of Rojo, TFM, Valencia, Mata, Sanchez

FREE the money up

I’d also be happy if we just snapped up ‘the best of British’ as fergie used too; Sancho,wan bissaka,grealish,tierney,rice

Alabaster Codify7

I would be very happy with those four positions being filled with solid additions. LB can wait until the following summer, as can one other midfielder.

RD94

We need to sign only the age of 25 or younger players.

For right back we have Dalot and Young for backup for both left and right and also try to integrate someone from youth.Centre backs only need improvement in terms of De ligt,there is no improvement in signing other targets like Milenkovic who is basically the slower Smalling.

In midfield solution could be signing Ndombele,who can cover both positions DM and CM that depends on which formation we are going to use.
In attack signing winger like Sancho or Joao Felix who can slot every position in attack is a must.Our attack is not dynamic enough.Mata is so slow and destroys our movement especially against big teams and sanchez declined so much.

In: Ndombele, Sancho or Felix,De ligt

Out: Mata, Sanchez

Last edited by a moderator:

Kidders

Consensus seems to be that we're likely to target four players in the summer.

Those four players are said to be a:

Centre Back
Right Back
Centre Midfielder
Winger

Now, as you all know, i'm sure Ole and the rest of the scouting staff will have their number one target in each of these positions, however it's not always possible to get these players and will also be scouting another 2-3 players in the same position.

In order, who would your three realistic options for each position be?
RB Meunier, Sidebe, Cancelo
CB de Ligt, Skriniar, Varane
CM Casemiro, Saul, Brozovic
RW Sancho, Pepe, Dembele

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Skrinar at CB. Wam Bissaka at RB and Jadon Sancho at RW. I think we will be good to go.

NoPace

I don't get all the Meunier love. Great crosser and tall, but never outright won the staring spot at PSG for good reasons and with his wages, I think we could find a 25 year old who's better defensively than him and that makes more sense than a 28 year old FB without great agility/hips. We already have Dalot as a taller attacking RB too, so it's kind of a duplication thing too, whereas a tougher defensively solid guy could start a lot but maybe Dalot gets the easier home games.

croadyman

Probably not realistic but ideally we would spend £250m on the following four players

Koulibaly - £80m
Meunier - £35m
Sancho - £85m
Neves - £50m

rampo

My wishlist would be

1. Sancho - 100 mil
2. Koulibaly/De Ligt - 75 mil
3. Meunier - 30 mil
4. Rabiot - free

Out:
1. Rojo - 15 mil
2. Mata - 10 mil
3. Jones - 20 mil
4. Darmian - 15 mil

Promote Tuanzebe s the 5th CB

Zlatattack

In order of preference:

Centre Back: Koulibaly, De Ligt, Aldewireld
Right Back: Munier, Wan Bisakka
Centre Midfielder: Eriksen, Fekir, Rabiot (changed my mind on him),
Winger: Dembele, Sancho, Hirving Lozano, Neres

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We need massive investment in four first teamers at the minimum.

Massive.

Sancho should be one of them.

croadyman

My wishlist would be

1. Sancho - 100 mil
2. Koulibaly/De Ligt - 75 mil
3. Meunier - 30 mil
4. Rabiot - free

Out:
1. Rojo - 15 mil
2. Mata - 10 mil
3. Jones - 20 mil
4. Darmian - 15 mil

Promote Tuanzebe s the 5th CB
Would be very happy with that window

Rayburns

Potential departures:

Cb. Rojo
Rb. Valencia
Cm. Herrera
Rw. Mata

Incoming

Cb. Maguire (65m)
Rb. Wan bissaka (42m) + valencia to sweeten deal
Cm. Rabiot (free) +10 mil signing on fee
Rw. Sancho (89m +plus add ons)

Rough spend around 200mil.

Other not ideal and highly unlikely things that could develop-

Departures
Pogba (Real Madrid)
De gea (Real Madrid/PSG)

In which case
Kroos+50mil
Coutois

NoPace

1. Barca sign De Ligt, we get Umtiti
2. We sign Sancho
3. Wan-Bissaka signed, he's good defensively and Dalot can get games backing him up and maybe playing more offensive situations and at LB, RM and RWB too.

and anything else is gravy. That's 3 players ready to give us 5-10 years of very good production at positions we're weak at and join Pogba, De Gea, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Lindelof and Shaw and Herrera/Fred and give us a solid 11 across the board.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Right Wing
  1. Jadon Sancho
  2. Callum Hudson-Odoi
  3. Nicolas Pepe
Center Back
  1. Matthias De Ligt
  2. Milan Skriniar
  3. Kalidou Koulibaly
Central Midfielder
  1. Declan Rice
  2. ???
  3. ???
Right Back
  1. Meunier?
  2. Rafael?
  3. Wan Bissaka?
Don't really need a younger right back, we need an older one to replace Young basically but to tie us over while Dalot develops more. Center mid I have no idea really. Rice is good as a Matic replacement. Feck knows for the controlling/dictating type.

crossy1686

career ending
I have a feeling we aren't going to buy any defenders this summer, forward players and a midfielder only. Get the impression Solskjær would rather we outscore our opponents than have a nervy last 20 minutes defending our own goal.

croadyman

Right Wing
  1. Jadon Sancho
  2. Callum Hudson-Odoi
  3. Nicolas Pepe
Center Back
  1. Matthias De Ligt
  2. Milan Skriniar
  3. Kalidou Koulibaly
Central Midfielder
  1. Declan Rice
  2. ???
  3. ???
Right Back
  1. Meunier?
  2. Rafael?
  3. Wan Bissaka?
Don't really need a younger right back, we need an older one to replace Young basically but to tie us over while Dalot develops more. Center mid I have no idea really. Rice is good as a Matic replacement. Feck knows for the controlling/dictating type.
I will throw Neves and Rabiot in there for CM options,I am a big Kroos fan despite him being nearly 30

Canagel

Declan Rice and Jao Felix for the diamond.

Fred to play on the right of it.
Fred hasn't played that well on the right. He's better in the central . I could see this set up working: if those are the players you want.

Rice Fred
Pogba
Sancho J felix Rash/AM​

NJM78

Mata, Rojo, Darmian, Valencia out. De Gea possible.

Chong, Gomes, Greenwood out on loan.

Lozano, Rabiot, Fernandes, Alderveireld in.

Slightly underwhelming but trying to be more realistic.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
In:

DeLigt IF possible

One of Rafael, muniere or wan bissaka for RB
Tierney for LB

Out of box suggestions for CM - Kante and Gundogan

Or Rabiot, Rice, Savic. Rodrigo too hard to get

I’d be happy with Coutinho in the #10 role

DeGea
Rafael-smalling-lindelof-Shaw/Tierney
Kante
Gundogan/Herrera - Pogba
Coutinho
Rashford-martial

Get rid of Rojo, TFM, Valencia, Mata, Sanchez

FREE the money up

I’d also be happy if we just snapped up ‘the best of British’ as fergie used too; Sancho,wan bissaka,grealish,tierney,rice
So, I’ve been thinking about incomings and have amended my wish list. Trying to keep it semi-realistic

DeLigt - €80m
Wan Bissaka €40m
Van Beek €40m
Richarlison €50m
Schurrle €20m
Grealish €25m

Lineup

DeGea
AWB-DeLigt-Lindelof-Shaw
McTominay
VanBeek-Pogba
Schurrle-Richarlison-Martial

Bench
Jones, matic, grealish, Dalot, Greenwood, Rashford

In the following window, upgrade schurrle to Sancho and McTominay to ? If necessary.
Lindelof gets another season to grow and prove himself, likewise Shaw

Oh and if DDG really wants to go then we will have to dig deep for Oblak

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
So, I’ve been thinking about incomings and have amended my wish list. Trying to keep it semi-realistic

DeLigt - €80m
Wan Bissaka €40m
Van Beek €40m
Richarlison €50m
Schurrle €20m
Grealish €25m

Lineup

DeGea
AWB-DeLigt-Lindelof-Shaw
McTominay
VanBeek-Pogba
Schurrle-Richarlison-Martial

Bench
Jones, matic, grealish, Dalot, Greenwood, Rashford

In the following window, upgrade schurrle to Sancho and McTominay to ? If necessary.
Lindelof gets another season to grow and prove himself, likewise Shaw

Oh and if DDG really wants to go then we will have to dig deep for Oblak
Sorry for the late reply but why Schürrle? Doesn't strike me as a player that will get any more goals than Lingard would in a season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
As a neutral:

Koulibaly
Wan Bissaka
Brandt
Cavani
Dybala

would boost Man. United a fair bit although probably over budget. Would certainly be back in top 4 with those signings I reckon.

Left out central midfield as haven't really seen many serious links so no idea who you're targeting.

Bearded One

De Gea
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Koulibaly Shaw
Ndidi Neves
Pogba
Sancho Zaha Martial
I know this would cost a hell of money but imo, we need to do this to get up to speed. Can't stand one more season of liveepool and city getting all the plaudits while we remain in obscurity.

Thing is these players are gettable even with no CL football next season. We just need to stop pissing about.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
De Gea
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Koulibaly Shaw
Ndidi Neves
Pogba
Sancho Zaha Martial
I know this would cost a hell of money but imo, we need to do this to get up to speed. Can't stand one more season of liveepool and city getting all the plaudits while we remain in obscurity.

Thing is these players are gettable even with no CL football next season. We just need to stop pissing about.
That front line still screams of obscurity.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Dybala CF 85m
Sancho RW 100m
Brandt CM 25m
Doherty RB 45m?
Sessegnon LW+LB cover 20m?
Alderweireld CB 25m?

Would give us a good attacking right side, a mobile forward that can control a ball, LW option and LB cover, a more creative midfield, and a better defence. None of these seem too unattainable and it'd be a huge change up, which is what's needed. I'd rather have De Ligt or Koulibaly but I can't even see us spending the above, nevermind an extra 50m+. If Martial and Lukaku are sold, plus Herrera off the books, it should be doable-ish.
Chuck Rabiot in there for a laugh on a free and we're like new.

Last edited:

thejtrain

As for keep/sell in our current squad, I agree with UnitedPeoplesTV mostly here, but would, in addition, at least sell Martial.

As for new buys, Dybala, Sancho, Toby, and a good LW - that's the bare minimum.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  1. Sancho
  2. Ruben Neves
  3. Tielemans
  4. Meunier
  5. Alderweireld
Thatd be my somewhat realistic dream summer.

Bearded One

That front line still screams of obscurity.
Who would you rather have there? I would have preferred Sancho, Joao Felix and Zaha but we cannot buy everybody. What I have there is a pretty fluid attack. If its down to Felix or Zaha, I know Felix is the "brand new shiny toy" in town but let's not get carried away so much that we forget that he needs to carry everything he is and has been in Benfica to the epl. A different context from what he's known before. There was something we used to do before - we would buy the better players in the league and for the most part avoid the risk of the transfer not working out. Smart idea I think. If you look at that midfield I'd rather go for Ndidi plus Neves than Ndombele for the very same reason.

If its down to Rashford vs Martial on the left, I'll favour Martial. I know he has to do more but I think he'd be a better fit there.

Fosu-Mens

This summer (Realistic options that would suit both a high pressing and a possessionbased style of play, which are the two most successful approaches currently and the ones we should aim to apply if we want any long term success):

1. Nicolo Barella - CM, £40m. Can do most elements of the game, can pass and press, run and assist.
2. Nathan Ake - CB, £40m. Modern defender, left footed, fast, good with ball, good in the air despite not being tall.
3. Meunier - RB, £20m. Decent attacking right back, great decisionmaking in the final third. Tall, so would help the team on set pieces. Can pass, professional, fan of the club. Perfect given that we have a very promising prospect in Laird.
4. Zaniolo - CM and all the attacking positions, £50m. Mix of physique, mobility and technique seen in Pogba. His abilities would suit even better as a midfielder than an attacker.
5. Sarabia - Attacking positions, £14m clause?. Left footed, creator, technical. Can play as a RW, CAM etc. Knows how to lead an attack. Think Mata, but with better physical abilities.

All these players have the physical and technical abilities to play in a pressing and possessionbased system. They could be sold for roughly the same as they are bought for and would not demand insane wages.

Ideally i would go for Felix this summer as well, if we can get him. And then for Sancho next. And hopefully a manager and coaching team that are able to teach a team to press high and play possessionbased football (If OGS and the coaching staff are not up for it, which i do not think they are).

Minimalist

The key positions for improvement are along the backline for sure. Both full backs need replaced for the first team. That area being improved would do wonders for the team I honestly believe.

Beyond that, unless Ole can get Lukaku into better shape over the summer, we need a better goalscorer (even a stop gap would do).