Transgender Athletes

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
But is he the one using that early life health event as an excuse for not knowing what you are talking about while holding forth on other children's lives?

I'm not making any excuses for Vim.
You are and you can please stop engaging with me now because youre just as bad as him to be honest. Aren't you meant to be a mod or something?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Is this what a mental breakdown looks like in text form?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Winning a game of sport is immaterial and inconsequential in the great scheme of things.
But it isn't when your performance in said sports are how you earn the money to put food on the table, and it's absolutely laughable that someone who was going on about elitism earlier is dismissing this just because they know little about it.

How on earth is someone's career and livelihood remotely immaterial and inconsequential?

If it's so immaterial, surely Laurel Hubbard would be content with her career as a male?

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
You are and you can please stop engaging with me now because youre just as bad as him to be honest. Aren't you meant to be a mod or something?
WTF are you on about? If you'd bothered to ask I'd have given you a little insight into what it takes to train in a competitive sport whilst coming from a deprived background and no, does it say Staff next to my name?

Shamwow

So you think there should just be 1 league for everyone for every sport?
I think there is a solution somewhere that would be fair and inclusive. Many sports are already broken down by more than gender so its obviously not the only division possible.

Shamwow

WTF are you on about? If you'd bothered to ask I'd have given you a little insight into what it takes to train in a competitive sport whilst coming from a deprived background and no, does it say Staff next to my name?
The situation described to me wasn't a deprived background.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
The situation described to me wasn't a deprived background.
We all have problems, we don't all have the same ones but you feel it is okay to gob off because yours was a certain type of problem.

Shamwow

We all have problems, we don't all have the same ones but you feel it is okay to gob off because yours was a certain type of problem.
What gobbing off are we talking about here? I'm just putting things into a different perspective.

ChaddyP

I think there is a solution somewhere that would be fair and inclusive. Many sports are already broken down by more than gender so its obviously not the only division possible.
would a transgender division make sense? Like the have the Paralympics . Always wondered why that isnt a thing

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Because it doesn't show a complete lack of morals? Because it's not a black and white issue where all trans women are winning all the time?
As a biological male would you feel comfortable competing against women and beating them ? If you knew you were a whole other level would you still want to compete with the weaker folks because you're guaranteed to win ?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Because it doesn't show a complete lack of morals? Because it's not a black and white issue where all trans women are winning all the time?
Why do you think it's a lack of morality to avoid biological females competing against biological males? Seems like a stretch to me.

If a man wants to become a woman, fine. But your choice has consequences for other women. Don't be surprised if they don't want to compete against you. Women can flip the morality argument at you too, you know. Why do you want to compete with me?

Shamwow

Why do you think it's a lack of morality to avoid biological females competing against biological males? Seems like a stretch to me.

If a man wants to become a woman, fine. But your choice has consequences for other women. Don't be surprised if they don't want to compete against you. Women can flip the morality argument at you too, you know. Why do you want to compete with me?
"if a man wants to become a woman, fine"

Aight I'm done with getting ganged up on by thinly veiled transphobes who have no issue with gross ableist jokes whilst lecturing me on morality, civility and fairness.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
"if a man wants to become a woman, fine"

Aight I'm done with getting ganged up on by thinly veiled transphobes who have no issue with gross ableist jokes whilst lecturing me on morality, civility and fairness.
What's transphobic about that comment? I literally said it's fine.

ChaddyP

Probably not enough trans athletes? But long-term this is the way.
Build it and they will come I say.

Imagine being a transperson and hearing there is a specific division for you now where you can compete fairly on the world stage. You know you can train and compete against others fairly and openly and will lead others to try and train for it. I think it would actually help bring along the trans community in the long run.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
If I stick my wife's knickers and bra on and say I am female, could I compete?

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Great innit? If you don't happen to agree with someone you're a transphobe (sic).

NotThatSoph

As a biological male would you feel comfortable competing against women and beating them ? If you knew you were a whole other level would you still want to compete with the weaker folks because you're guaranteed to win ?
We should probably wait until trans women start winning at least semi regularly before saying that they're guaranteed to win.

Shamwow

Well this thread is a shining example of the shit hole this place has become.
We should probably wait until trans women start winning at least semi regularly before saying that they're guaranteed to win.
Let's not let reality get in the way of bigotry now.