Trent can’t defend

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He swings in 500 crosses a game and one lands and he is the best right back in history according to the media.

In the same game he will concede 3 goals and play a role in every one of them.

marktan

That goal was really poor from him - watch him in the build up, doesn't look around once. He has 2 players around him and doesn't attempt to cover any of them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No interest at all in stopping the guy 2 yards away from him tapping in.
Absolutely unreal.

Malone_Post

I can’t actually believe we let him of the hook so easily last week. Should have had Rashford or Garnacho going at him from minute one. Instead we gave him the freedom of Merseyside to do what he wanted & not even have to think about defending. Unbelievably frustrating.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I can’t actually believe we let him of the hook so easily last week. Should have had Rashford or Garnacho going at him from minute one. Instead we gave him the freedom of Merseyside to do what he wanted & not even have to think about defending. Unbelievably frustrating.
We collectively had an off day. Get over it.

cyberman

He can’t pass either. It’s never brought up but his passing has been as in and out as his defending

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He can’t pass either. It’s never brought up but his passing has been as in and out as his defending
The only manager to give him any respect this season: ETH. Rashford or Garnacho will have killed him.

Trent is fecking poor defensively. There I said it. Now for RAWK to kill me online.

vodrake

Played some really shit balls tonight.
He just smashes too many crosses and long balls and hopes someone gets on the end of them. When Liverpools front 3 were at their peak and were able to do something with them he looked great but now he's just wasting possession whenever he gets the ball

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Same as most games. Puts 40 crosses in a game, a few are good and thus the myth of having great delivery is born.
Neh I aint having that, his cross field balls/crosses are excellent.

Absolutely can't defend though.

Abraxas

Dunno, I think he's got talent on the ball personally. Not sure he's a right back moving forward. I'd be playing him somewhere else. What's the point in playing a guy where every skill he has is an attacking skill and every weakness is a defensive skill...in defence. Surprised he's never really been tried somewhere else. Seems like stubbornness.

Mike Smalling

He obviously has great passing and crossing technique and good vision, but he gives the ball away an awful lot with his long passing, because he tries too much.

cyberman

Same as most games. Puts 40 crosses in a game, a few are good and thus the myth of having great delivery is born.
He’s a coward these days. He crosses from a lot deeper and doesn’t work positions anymore. Every time he does intercept pass he immediately plays some instant cross field Hollywood ball if its on or not.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Vinicius has him on toast whenever he plays him.

Bwuk

Id get rid if I was Klopp. Doesn’t even try to tackle.

Eddy_JukeZ

Next time we play them, we should target him constantly with Rashford.

He is fecking shocking at defending.

redcucumber

Completely bizarre that we took Rashford off him. Hopefully we don't try that experiment again.

Abraxas

Yeah but Vinicius gets a far more advantageous situation than we seem to manage. We shit ourselves as a collective when Liverpool muster up any intensity. It's not like Rashford becomes an easy avenue for us, he only gets in the game sporadically and Trent is protected by the collective when the teams play like that. Real seem to diffuse Liverpool easily and then pick them off.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
His recovery runs after the ball/man (or, as often happens, both) beat him are among the worst you’ll see from a defender at this level. How Klopp looks at this week in, week out and doesn’t address it is beyond comprehension. I think even the Liverpool supporters are on the cusp of losing it with him now because of it. No urgency at all when he’s tracking back or attempting to get back into position once he’s beaten. It’s horrific to watch*.

* it’s not :D

Red00012

Next time we play them, we should target him constantly with Rashford.

He is fecking shocking at defending.
The fact ETH overlooked this 2 weeks back was a very strange move . Trent was delighted to see Bruno out there

RunTheTrap

Supports
Arsenal
Vini Jr and Mitoma treat Trent the same Drogba used to treat Arsenal. Zero respect. We’ve known that Trent is a poor defender for years, but this season he looks genuinely disinterested in it. Liverpool are all about winning your duels. Smashing your opponent. Trent doesn’t even get angry when he gets the piss taken out of him. Why has he become so meek these days?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It's not that Trent can't defend. He doesn't want to. He finds it boring and negative. He like playing worldie crosses, or defence-splitting radar assisted passes. That's fun. Football should be fun, otherwise, why do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.