Trevoh Chalobah

Other than giving us money to help our FFP I don't really see the negatives of this from a Utd perspective. He's a good player, composed on the ball with a nice passing range, athletic and versatile. If it were up to me I'd rather keep him over everyone we have except Colwill and that's only based on potential because Chalobah was far better than him this season.

Right now, yes, more importantly he would be a much better option than Lindelof who we can finally ship off.

‘Right now’ isn’t that relevant I don’t think, considering we’re comparing about 7 games with probably 80ish. Right now could change within a month or two of football for Kambwala even, the respective merits of the two players are worth considering I think. If Kambwala can reach or exceed TCs level within a season it doesn’t really make fiscal sense to get TC to put in front of him. Yoro or someone like that, I understand.

Can he stay fit?

Not sure why we just don't take Tosin on a free. We need multiple players. Do the free signings when they are available.

‘Right now’ isn’t that relevant I don’t think, considering we’re comparing about 7 games with probably 80ish. Right now could change within a month or two of football for Kambwala even, the respective merits of the two players are worth considering I think. If Kambwala can reach or exceed TCs level within a season it doesn’t really make fiscal sense to get TC to put in front of him. Yoro or someone like that, I understand.

Agreed, we have Willy so this chap is not required.

We need at least one CB to start alongside Licha so hopefully Lindelof and Maguire are sold, that should free up some funds for one big signing in the CB area and we can have Willy as a bench option

Chalobah is better than Tosin and more versatile, the only upside to Tosin is that he is on a free. The flexibility of Chalobah might also allow us to cash in on AWB this summer before his contract expires.

Is he though? I've seen very little of Tosin, but a lot more of Chalobah, and I'd not have him on a free. On top of that, Chelsea are supposedly getting rid, and getting inferior player in place? He's defender version of Tammy Abraham.

And what the hell is this flexibility bullshit, he's a CB. You want a RB, get a RB, not a flexible CB. Lindelof is fecking flexible too, we all know how popular that move is even before match has started.
So by all means, he'd be coming in as a CB, and at best, he'd be only ahead of Lindelof. 25 mil for 3rd/4th choice CB when we haven't got blank cheque and 50 more pressing issues is ridiculous.

Chelsea dont get rid of good players on the cheap.

Christ Mount isn't very good and they still fleeced £60m for him. Imagine how bad/crocked you'd have to be to get away for less than half of that.

Is he though? I've seen very little of Tosin, but a lot more of Chalobah, and I'd not have him on a free. On top of that, Chelsea are supposedly getting rid, and getting inferior player in place? He's defender version of Tammy Abraham.

And what the hell is this flexibility bullshit, he's a CB. You want a RB, get a RB, not a flexible CB. Lindelof is fecking flexible too, we all know how popular that move is even before match has started.
So by all means, he'd be coming in as a CB, and at best, he'd be only ahead of Lindelof. 25 mil for 3rd/4th choice CB when we haven't got blank cheque and 50 more pressing issues is ridiculous.

We bring in Tosin who is an inferior player as a back up CB because let’s be clear, he is not starting quality for United. Sure he can replace Lindelof and we can maybe get a small fee for moving Lindelof on.

Chalobah is actually a legitimate option at RB as well as CB with plenty of experience in the role. Now you can move on Lindelof and AWB potentially covering the cost of his signing and getting two wages off the books. He is an upgrade over the guys he is replacing although still a squad player admittedly and he is also younger than Tosin.

I am not convinced of either option to be clear but given the choice I would definitely prefer to sign Trevoh for 25M than Tosin on a free.

No amount of stats or Chelsea fans lying how good he is would make me think he is anything near the quality of Manchester united. Fool me once (Mount) shame on you, fool me twice (This player) shame on me.

No amount of stats or Chelsea fans lying how good he is would make me think he is anything near the quality of Manchester united. Fool me once (Mount) shame on you, fool me twice (This player) shame on me.
So because Mount has been injury ridden you believe this guy won’t be any good? Seems a little unfair.

Other than giving us money to help our FFP I don't really see the negatives of this from a Utd perspective. He's a good player, composed on the ball with a nice passing range, athletic and versatile. If it were up to me I'd rather keep him over everyone we have except Colwill and that's only based on potential because Chalobah was far better than him this season.

Keep him. He is a nothing player, just like the other nothing player you fleeced us for 60m.

So because Mount has been injury ridden you believe this guy won’t be any good? Seems a little unfair.

I do not believe, I know. I have seen him week in week out, I watch most Chelsea matches with my brother in law (Chelsea supporter). He is not a good defender at all.

And Mount is not injury ridden, he is just a nothing player that we did not even need.

I do not believe, I know. I have seen him week in week out, I watch most Chelsea matches with my brother in law (Chelsea supporter). He is not a good defender at all.

And Mount is not injury ridden, he is just a nothing player that we did not even need.
I long for the day Mount proves all you doubters wrong. I feel as though he gets an unfair rap.

Fair enough, I know little about him so will rely on your scouting skills!

Harsh on Mount though.

I can't stand him. Would be a hard pass. One of these guys that I'm constantly being told is great, but I never see it when I watch and he always seems hurt.

I long for the day Mount proves all you doubters wrong. I feel as though he gets an unfair rap.

You'll be waiting a very long time for that I think.

Even if he got fit and stayed fit, which already seems impossible, he'd only play in the right position if Bruno has gone. And then he has to upstage Bruno.

Fair enough, I know little about him so will rely on your scouting skills!

Harsh on Mount though.

He’s saying Chalobah is a nothing player then I wouldn’t believe a word he says :lol:

Why are Chelsea selling if he’s good?

The owners are basically pure profit merchants. In their eyes selling Chalobah for 25-30m while bringing in Tosin for free is good business. It’s the same reason Gallagher has been on the market for 18 months despite being one of the captains and one of the most important players at the club.

The owners are basically pure profit merchants. In their eyes selling Chalobah for 25-30m while bringing in Tosin for free is good business. It’s the same reason Gallagher has been on the market for 18 months despite being one of the captains and one of the most important players at the club.
Another Chelsea academy boy that is crap. You lot seem to be worse than us at overrating your own.

Played 88 games in midfield in his career. His versatility makes it interesting.

Another Chelsea academy boy that is crap. You lot seem to be worse than us at overrating your own.

I mean opinions and all that. No one is out here claiming Gallagher is a world beater but I guess if you think he’s crap I’ll respectfully disagree.

Played 88 games in midfield in his career. His versatility makes it interesting.

Not many for Chelsea it’s worth adding. I think he played almost exclusively in midfield when he was on loan in France a couple of years back.

Would like to hear @Adnan 's input on how he would do for holding a high line and pressing as a team.
For some reason I didn't receive a notification and just reading through the thread I've come across your post. My apologies for not responding earlier.

I don't really know too much about Chalobah but if he has the requisite technical quality on the ball backed up pace and power, then he has the tools to be coached to play in a higher defensive line.

If the aim is to play out from the back, press high together as a team and also control the the defensive transition in large space then the aforementioned attributes are required from the players who will occupy the first line from the back. If we want to be a 'possession' team as some want us to be (including myself) then your CBs are required to have the technical quality first and foremost, then that that has to be backed up the physical and athletic capability.

And the very little I've seen of the player, he's someone that looks as if he can be utilised as a fullback/CB which I think coud make him a very interesting signing for us. If I'm not mistaken, he can also fill in at DM in a emergency. So I like the versatility he can potentially offer, and for around £20m, it could be a very shrewd bit of business for a player Chelsea fans really like.

Last edited:
We bring in Tosin who is an inferior player as a back up CB because let’s be clear, he is not starting quality for United. Sure he can replace Lindelof and we can maybe get a small fee for moving Lindelof on.

Chalobah is actually a legitimate option at RB as well as CB with plenty of experience in the role. Now you can move on Lindelof and AWB potentially covering the cost of his signing and getting two wages off the books. He is an upgrade over the guys he is replacing although still a squad player admittedly and he is also younger than Tosin.

I am not convinced of either option to be clear but given the choice I would definitely prefer to sign Trevoh for 25M than Tosin on a free.
Agree with this.

Ah okay, you’d be sad to lose Trev then?

Is he ideal for defending up in a high line? I’d argue one of the reason united have had gaping holes in midfield is defenders being deathly uncomfortable pushing up as it goes against their instincts, is that something he’d fix?

It's genuinely insane that you are trying to apply rational thinking to the Chelsea ownership.

Chalobah is easily better than Tosin if you ask me and it's extremely stupid that we are downgrading.
:lol: very good point pal.

Ah okay, you’d be sad to lose Trev then?

Is he ideal for defending up in a high line? I’d argue one of the reason united have had gaping holes in midfield is defenders being deathly uncomfortable pushing up as it goes against their instincts, is that something he’d fix?

He's very comfortable pushing up into midfield when needed, especially as he played in midfield almost exclusively when he was on loan at Lorient a few years ago.

It's genuinely insane that you are trying to apply rational thinking to the Chelsea ownership.

Chalobah is easily better than Tosin if you ask me and it's extremely stupid that we are downgrading.
Boehly just looking at that sweet FFP reprieve

He's very comfortable pushing up into midfield when needed, especially as he played in midfield almost exclusively when he was on loan at Lorient a few years ago.
Ah, this might be why we’re interested then! Might be a good signing for us. Especially if we can get the Everton lad then we have a good group.

If we were to sign Chalobah it would be as a rotation option at CB and RB imo. I think we will buy a marquee CB to come in and partner Martinez. I think this signing (Chalobah) could see us sell Wan Bissaka.

Ah, this might be why we’re interested then! Might be a good signing for us.

I mean, take this with a grain of salt because I also thought Mount would be good for you, but this is far more obviously a good deal if you ask me.

He's a high level option at multiple positions that helps safeguard your squad against injury whilst being a genuinely good option in certain tactical setups - all whilst still being only 24 and homegrown. Honestly I don't understand why the mooted price is only 25m

It is good business

If we were to sign Chalobah it would be as a rotation option at CB and RB imo. I think we will buy a marquee CB to come in and partner Martinez. I think this signing (Chalobah) could see us sell Wan Bissaka.

Good point. Makes sense. Citys way of having flexible defenders is quite smart as it allow you to have more player of decent quality.

Shaw/Malacia/Hato* - Martinez/Hato - New/Maguire/Chalobah - Dalot/Chalobah

Would essentialy feel like we had greater dept by selling/removing four (Varane, Lindeløf, Evans and AWB) and bringing in three.

Took Hato as an example. Calafiori could probably be another option. Probably a bunch of them I dont know of. Would also prefer if we could replace Malacia with an attacking fullback as that is something we probably lack. Furthermore, not comfortable with having Shaw, Malacia and Martinez as three of four option as LB/LCB aftet this season.

Hardest pass.

Surely this is a rumour started by Chelsea fans or a russian troll factory for giggles? Can we stop bumping this thread?

Good point. Makes sense. Citys way of having flexible defenders is quite smart as it allow you to have more player of decent quality.

Shaw/Malacia/Hato* - Martinez/Hato - New/Maguire/Chalobah - Dalot/Chalobah

Would essentialy feel like we had greater dept by selling/removing four (Varane, Lindeløf, Evans and AWB) and bringing in three.

Took Hato as an example. Calafiori could probably be another option. Probably a bunch of them I dont know of. Would also prefer if we could replace Malacia with an attacking fullback as that is something we probably lack. Furthermore, not comfortable with having Shaw, Malacia and Martinez as three of four option as LB/LCB aftet this season.
Agreed.