Trophy Parade.

Pablo76

I'm leaving in a bit, 4 hour drive (ish) wondering where to park far enough away from the road closures and mayhem but not too far to walk to the ground.

Is anything happening around the ground does anyone know?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Ordsall not a bad bet. But the exchange quay end. I live there, never had a problem.

I'm going.

Possibly OT then town.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Bombing home from Leeds where I work straight there. Anyone know if the Chester road is closed where the bingo hall is? Parking can be a bit shit from what I remember

redspoony

According to the club website it is capacity controlled at OT. Access from 15:30.

Can't make it that early so might have to sit it out :(

pauldyson1uk

Bombing home from Leeds where I work straight there. Anyone know if the Chester road is closed where the bingo hall is? Parking can be a bit shit from what I remember
This might help.

United Parade Tonight! Starts at 6.30 from Old Trafford towards Albert Square, Albert Square is closed from 10am today, Chester Rd closed into town from 4pm, out of town from 5pm. Deansgate closed from 3pm where it crosses Peter St, Quay St, Great Bridgewater St and Liverpool Rd.

redspoony

wish I was going dont finish work till 6pm.
I work in Trafford Park but wont get near OT at that time and not battling though the traffic to get to Albert Square.
Wish they were doing it Bank Holiday Monday like in 2011.

Much easier.

I can walk to OT from home but I'm off work sick and I reckon at least one manager from work will be there.

Would love to go but I just know I'd get caught!

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Wish they were doing it Bank Holiday Monday like in 2011.

Much easier.

I can walk to OT from home but I'm off work sick and I reckon at least one manager from work will be there.

Would love to go but I just know I'd get caught!
Haha, snap! I'm off work sick too, and although I feel much better now and could easily manage heading in to town for the parade, I'm afraid of being caught as well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Finishing work at lunch and heading to OT, not sure what time to get there though, don't really fancy standing around freezing and bored for hours before it starts.

redspoony

Haha, snap! I'm off work sick too, and although I feel much better now and could easily manage heading in to town for the parade, I'm afraid of being caught as well.
Glad I'm not the only pussy here! Unfotunately, I don't feel better so I've got a double whammy!

redspoony

Finishing work at lunch and heading to OT, not sure what time to get there though, don't really fancy standing around freezing and bored for hours before it starts.
Apparently it is capacity controlled. Open from 15.30 and the club are advising to get there early. With an ear infection it is that bit that has put me off!

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Trams will be rammed as well. BH was miles easier going to be a bit of a rush for me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Apparently it is capacity controlled. Open from 15.30 and the club are advising to get there early. With an ear infection it is that bit that has put me off!
'kinnel, so 2.5 hours standing around? Hmm, might head to town then, just sit outside the Slug n Lettuce opposite the town hall and knock back a few beers whilst waiting.

redspoony

Trams will be rammed as well. BH was miles easier going to be a bit of a rush for me.
I know, it is daft having it today. Plus the season hasn't actually finished!

Could be that something else is happening in town on BH, but I don't know what.

City's parade perhaps? Oh yeah, my bad :lol:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
'kinnel, so 2.5 hours standing around? Hmm, might head to town then, just sit outside the Slug n Lettuce opposite the town hall and knock back a few beers whilst waiting.
That was going to be my port of call today too but I'm starting to bottle it having rung in sick to work already. Knowing my luck, Sky Sports News would catch me on air guzzling a few bottles of cider and having a whale of time!

redspoony

Old Trafford event
The parade will begin at the stadium with a send-off event in the forecourt area outside the East Stand. This event will commence at 18:00 BST and will be capacity-controlled so please arrive within good time to avoid missing out. The bus will then leave Old Trafford at 18:30.

Access
Fans will be directed to access the parade area from each end of Sir Matt Busby Way. The crowd barriers will be in place from 15:00.
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2013/May/Parade-information-for-fans.aspx

redspoony

That was going to be my port of call today too but I'm starting to bottle it having rung in sick to work already. Knowing my luck, Sky Sports News would catch me on air guzzling a few bottles of cider and having a whale of time!
It can happen.

A friend of a friend got sacked from his job when Sky Sports zoomed in on him celebrating a Cardiff City goal in Hull when he had phoned in sick that day!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It can happen.

A friend of a friend got sacked from his job when Sky Sports zoomed in on him celebrating a Cardiff City goal in Hull when he had phoned in sick that day!
I knew a lad on long term sick who was interviewed by BBC arriving back from Moscow, he received his P45 not long after.

.Phil1968

Hee hee that takes me back in 1989 I was working in a food warehouse and a mate called me on a Wednesday morning to ask if I wanted to go to league cup game v spurs. I knew I'd never get the day off so pretended I had toothache so I could nip to the dentist. My mate picked me up and off we went.I was living in Wales at the time so it was a long trip. Anyway I spent the whole game wearing the biggest cap I owned in case a camera picked me out,got back in the early hours and spent the next day pretending I'd had a tooth out and told everyone I'd felt too rough to go back in.Oh and we lost 3 0 to a Lineker hat trick
I won't be able to get there today but to all going I hope you all have a cracking day.

ell

Hee hee that takes me back in 1989 I was working in a food warehouse and a mate called me on a Wednesday morning to ask if I wanted to go to league cup game v spurs. I knew I'd never get the day off so pretended I had toothache so I could nip to the dentist. My mate picked me up and off we went.I was living in Wales at the time so it was a long trip. Anyway I spent the whole game wearing the biggest cap I owned in case a camera picked me out,got back in the early hours and spent the next day pretending I'd had a tooth out and told everyone I'd felt too rough to go back in.Oh and we lost 3 0 to a Lineker hat trick
I won't be able to get there today but to all going I hope you all have a cracking day.
I thought that story was going to end with you getting caught, what a let down! You would have to be seriously unlucky to get caught out like that.

Am looking forward to the parade, wont be able to attend myself but if the weather is okay it should be a good day! our last parade was good but it was the day after the cl final and it was raining so was inevitably a bit muted. Nothing will ever compare to the pictures of the 1999 parade with people hanging off lampposts just to get a glimpse.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Yeah not arsed, wonder what song they'll play :D.

Think i'm sticking with town, OT will be rammed from about now with the weather being dry.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Are there really people who dont know this??? My M&D discovered one last year, and nearly died laughing. They've been around for years :rolleyes:
I'm not from Manchester. When I go to the city centre it's for shopping or out to the Trafford Centre and we don't have any Slug N Lettuce here. Just thought it was a great name for a pub. :)

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Thunder and Lightning in Manchester currently, should be fun! Hope it doesn't mean less turn up