Trump Coronavirus (CV in US Politics)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How are people in this country so stupid? Now don't get me wrong, there are without a doubt a lot of stupid people in every country, even my own, but it genuinely seems like there are more of them in America than other places. Either that or the stupid people have a louder voice in that country than in others.
Extremist religion (in this case, evangelical christianity) is the commonality with many, many of these people.

edit - clarified what flavor of religion

Last edited:

Cloud7

Religion is the commonality with many, many of these people.
There's religion in every part of the world though. Christianity has spread it's roots in every corner of the globe. The American christians seem to have some kind of special brand of christianity that exists only in America, and it seems intertwined with guns and all that nonsense. That brand of christianity is very much an American cultural thing IMO.

"The gun totin', God fearin' American" As they say.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There's religion in every part of the world though. Christianity has spread it's roots in every corner of the globe. The American christians seem to have some kind of special brand of christianity that exists only in America, and it seems intertwined with guns and all that nonsense. That brand of christianity is very much an American cultural thing IMO.

Evangelicalism took over a few decades ago. It's all under an umbrella of persecution and moral superiority complex. Enter politics to infiltrate with "takin' yer guns, takin' yer jobs, and takin' God outta school!" drivel and boom.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

The evangelical brand is common through many of them, the more extreme version of christianity.

For whatever reason, extremism works well with these people. Toss in white supremacy & overt racism, you have the inland NW USA described. It’s a slightly different flavor of wacko than what passes for the extreme version of christianity in the SE, but there’s a lot of similarity.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't be able to handle a gun pointed at me. Probably faint or crap my self.
Meh it's not all that. Try not to think about it and certainly don't agitate the cnuts. I felt exhilarated I won't lie (was held up by three gunmen on motorcycles in Pakistan).

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Meh it's not all that. Try not to think about it and certainly don't agitate the cnuts. I felt exhilarated I won't lie (was held up by three gunmen on motorcycles in Pakistan).
Had the barrel of a revolver pressed against the base of my skull as I was told to get down on my knees behind a gas station while two other assailants were stealing my car. It was one of the most surreal experiences of my life, I equate it to the times I have gone skydiving. I was in absolutely no control over what was happening to me, it was an odd feeling of calm as nothing else mattered at the time, there was nothing I could do to change what the inevitable outcome of the situation would be.

Hilarious thing was that the three carjackers backed my car into a truck’s bumper while trying to flee the scene & broke one of my car’s taillights. They were pulled over not more than 30 minutes later less than a mile away from where they jacked me due to the broken tail light. I had my car back within 24 hours & all three of them went to prison.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Had the barrel of a revolver pressed against the base of my skull as I was told to get down on my knees behind a gas station while two other assailants were stealing my car. It was one of the most surreal experiences of my life, I equate it to the times I have gone skydiving. I was in absolutely no control over what was happening to me, it was an odd feeling of calm as nothing else mattered at the time, there was nothing I could do to change what the inevitable outcome of the situation would be.

Hilarious thing was that the three carjackers backed my car into a truck’s bumper while trying to flee the scene & broke one of my car’s taillights. They were pulled over not more than 30 minutes later less than a mile away from where they jacked me due to the broken tail light. I had my car back within 24 hours & all three of them went to prison.
That's a scary situation when you don't see it coming. But you're right, once you're in it you just swim. It's only afterwards you think he might have sneezed or coughed or tripped and that trigger would have gone.

I might do sky diving after all now. :)