Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The Falcao story only seems to be from the 'itk agents' on twitter, no-one credible reporting it.

KGBhoy

These 4 days will be fun for twitter. Please keep posting! #muppetshow

MUFCgal

Even if the majority of it is pure shite, I still like to read all the reports that come out. Regardless of whether they actually happen, it's still fun to read :D

Some sources actually were reporting that RvP's medical was happening on the Thursday, and this was even before confirmation of the transfer broke.

Traub

Offloading? I thought we are short on midfielders already?
I should have been a bit more specific. I don't think we will sign anyone with out trimming down our squad a bit. In particular, if we don't sell Berba, I don't think we will sign anyone.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Twitter saying that Falcao to Chelsea is 100% a done deal.

Also seems to be gaining a head of steam that Spurs have had a bid accepted for Dembele and are currently in talks with him. Shame, he was the one I'd been hoping we'd make a last ditch effort to sign.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Twitter saying that Falcao to Chelsea is 100% a done deal.

Also seems to be gaining a head of steam that Spurs have had a bid accepted for Dembele and are currently in talks with him. Shame, he was the one I'd been hoping we'd make a last ditch effort to sign.
Must be part of his route to Madrid stuff.

KGBhoy

Falcao is fantastic. Chelsea will be quite a team. Still questionable defence, but phenomenal attack.

wr8_utd

:'(
Falcao is fantastic. Chelsea will be quite a team. Still questionable defence, but phenomenal attack.
Twitter says 34m. I find that very hard to believe considering Atl. Madrid bought him for a little more than that and he's been fantastic for them. And didn't he just play last night and score a hattrick for them? He's going to cost 40m easily.

I'm more excited about the impending Sky reporter amongst the inbreds outside Stoke's ground. That one kid last year was epic.
That was brilliant. It was for the Crouch signing wasn't it? I'm going to miss those car interviews with Redknapp. That Gary Cahill deal that never materialised was so much fun.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Don't forget Atletico play Chelsea on Friday - Falcao got them a hattrick last night so wouldn't be brilliant timing from their point of view.

But if Chelsea did get him... feck Roman and his damn money :(

MUFCgal

Guillem Balague‏ @GuillemBalague

Twitter world gone mad again. Atletico Madrid is not talking 2 Chelsea about Falcao. Now go and have a beer people. Soon in Swansea for 1or2

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Hah, Balague being the voice of reason. Reprimanding peopel for making stuff up. Must be a false account.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
"I don't think SAF spending is over, Dembele has put in too good a performance the last two weeks. He'll be top of his list" - Ray Wilkins on Sky sometime back.
One thing that impresses SAF is an opposition player coming to OT and doing the business. I said in the Dembele thread the other day that that was why I expected us to move for him.

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
Ignore the football tweets and everything else is fine. I've been able to communicate with people at the top of their game in their respective fields thanks to it. Scientists, film driectors, Writers, Business men and even drummed up business through it.
cheers, i wasn't taking the piss or anything as i've never used twitter, i really was just curious as to it's uses.

Jaz

Fulham Comms director Sarah Brooks on twitter:

"Official news on Dembele to follow on website to clarify position."

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
There is still hope :)

Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila
I still believe #MUFC looking to bring in one midfield player before Friday11pm.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Well if we can't afford £15m for Dembele then realistically i can't see us buying anyone before the deadline unless it is a young unknown player.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Well if we can't afford £15m for Dembele then realistically i can't see us buying anyone before the deadline unless it is a young unknown player.
I dont think we are not in for him because of the cash. I think its because Fergie wants to trust what he has.

He is entitled to think that.

I certainly would not object to Dembele or any midfield signing. But I would prefer to see Anderson and Cleverley fully establish themselves

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I dont think we are not in for him because of the cash. I think its because Fergie wants to trust what he has.

I certainly would not object to Dembele or any midfield signing. But I would prefer to see Anderson and Cleverley fully establish themselves
I have high hope for Cleverley but no so high for Anderson and with Fletcher out it would've made sense to get Dembele in now as he only 1 year left on his contract.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Dembele would be an improvement form what we have in the midfield bar Carrick.

Ash_G

Yeah but if we're going to get a midfielder for around 15 mil why not m'vila who is more in line with what we need which is another midfielder who is good defensively. That way we can continue to give clev and ando as much game time as possible and have an actual proper alternative for carrick and someone who could come in alongside him if the former two don't step up or get injured.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
It didn't work. Get over it and don't be sad.

You should be happy he's joining a team where he will be playing.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Happy for him! Hopefully he'll prove what a class act he is in his remaining playing years. Great player to have, but simply didnt fit into the way we wanted to play, so it's a good deal for all parts.

padzilla

Hipster
Fergie's not interested in buying a central midfielder just to fill a hole. He'll buy a player when he feels the player is right for the club rather than splashing a load of cash on his fourth or fifth choice like other clubs.

lysglimt

Scout
good for him - good for us getting £4 million and saving maybe £5 million in wages each year

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Jesus, comments like make me cringe.

What is he? a martyr now?
Why should I cry that a player who has barely been used for two years is leaving United?

Those Berbacry, Berbasad, Berbafeckingsomething posts are tiresome.

He's a good player, had a decent start of his United career (I prefered him over Tevez in 2009), won Golden Boot, didn't act like a cnut, but he wasn't actually what we needed and we don't need him any longer. But apparently I should love him, because he's so cool and looks amazing in every picture.

If you (not thinking about you, Jim) like Berbatov and you're a Manchester United fan, you should understand that the best thing is to sell him - United won't have this problem (yes, he's been a problem recently) and he'll be happy playing every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.