Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaz1185

Here's some recent tweets from Miguel Delaney:

Details in Irish Examiner today of a busy summer for Manchester United...
Ferguson looking to bring in two attacking midfielders, a forward and a full-back... an approach has been made for Leighton Baines.
Also, Hazard, Kagawa and Modric material known... club had bid refused for Lewandowski. Rafael and Fabio apparently under threat.
Sources United will go for Hazard (indeed, offer has been made) and Modric, but not enough finances for both. Indeed, might get neither.
This Miguel Delaney is Football writer for Irish Examiner, Independent, Blizzard, ESPN. Author of 'Stuttgart to Saipan'; 2011 Irish Sports Journalist of the Year nominee according to his Twitter, so a lot more reliable than a random ITK. Say's his in the know is reliable and it's very possible we could be moving for both Kagawa & Hazard... yet we could still miss out on both. Also reports a £15m bid was rejected for Lewandowski.

Still take it all with a pinch of salt for now.

Oh also Marcus Alves of ESPN Brazil claims:

Fabio is already on his way to Benfica. Fluminense asked Man Utd his loan and that's what they heard back

Baxter

Not even considering Berbatov & Owen basicly are gone?

He'd be very welcome.
With Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and the probability of 1 or 2 attacking midfielders I really can't see the point in spending 20m or so for another striker.

lysglimt

Scout
Us needing another striker depends a bit on the system we intend on playing. In a 4-4-2 we def need one more striker. If we plan on playing 4-2-3-1 - we might not need another if we sign Kagawa or Hazard

Ralaks

With Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and the probability of 1 or 2 attacking midfielders I really can't see the point in spending 20m or so for another striker.
Fair enough. It all depends on how we're going to play I suppose. If we sign Kagawa and play him like Rooney we probably wouldn't need another striker.

That being said Lewandowski brings something the others striker don't imo.

It all depends on Sir Alex's plans I suppose.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
wouldnt say no to an out and out goalscorer like Lewandowski but i cant see them selling 2 of their best players this summer

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Dortmund are looking ahead to competing in the CL and losing Kagawa is already a big punch in the gut, so I can't see them losing other players as well, especially not one of Lewandowski's calibre. With Gotze back and healthy next year, and Marco Reus coming in, they should challenge for the league again. Selling more of their players beyond Kagawa would put that in jeopardy.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Dortmund are looking ahead to competing in the CL and losing Kagawa is already a big punch in the gut, so I can't see them losing other players as well, especially not one of Lewandowski's calibre. With Gotze back and healthy next year, and Marco Reus coming in, they should challenge for the league again. Selling more of their players beyond Kagawa would put that in jeopardy.
German press are reporting that Borussia did confirm that ourselves and Bayer did bid for him. Both bids rejected.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This Miguel Delaney seems like a bit of a transfer Muppet tbh

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
BBC radio: Manchester United have completed the signing of Eden Hazard for £32m.
Any further info on this or is it a twitter wum as per usual?

CallyRed

TNC on Twitter saying that reports in Japan claim that Chelsea are now in for Kagawa.

Seems Chelsea are doing their usual ploy of waiting to see who we want then bidding.
Maybe thats why we are linked with Leighton Baines.....
Smokescreen!

Baxter

The account has over 30k followers so I reckon it's probably a wind up. I can't see anything on the BBC journos pages.

iSparky

The moment Hazard signs for 'x' club, twitter will go into meltdown.
Yeah, it caught my eye as I have a tab open on a twitter search for eden hazard just to see what people are saying, it has been fairly slow all morning and then all of a sudden about 200 tweets dropped into the feed all at once about this particular tweet :lol:

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yeah, it caught my eye as I have a tab open on a twitter search for eden hazard just to see what people are saying, it has been fairly slow all morning and then all of a sudden about 200 tweets dropped into the feed all at once about this particular tweet :lol:
That bit there my friend.. Genius, proper transfer muppetism at it's most disgraceful! I hadn't thought about that, will set one up for Kagawa, Baines, Carlton Cole and Shaun Derry as well. Great news!

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Caddies @Caddies Just heard that Hazard to United will be finalised today and announced tomorrow Admittedly it was me that said it as I was talking to myself

Sounds legit

Anduin

Yeah, I saw the same thing and instantly refreshed this thread. More tabs: Eden Hazard thread, Kagawa thread, Twitter thread, Twitter 'Eden Hazard' search, Twitter '#mufc' and Transfermarkt.de for more news regarding Kagawa and Lewandowski :lol:

And no, I'm not at work today :cool:

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I have now created an automated device which will press the F5 button repeatedly for me, every 20 seconds. In addition, the device presses Command+TAB every 5 seconds, so that I can switch between my separate Twitter feeds for the latest on the Derry, Cole, Baines, and Paul Merson-to-United sagas.

I'm set for the fecking summer. Only need to get off work now.

iSparky

That bit there my friend.. Genius, proper transfer muppetism at it's most disgraceful! I hadn't thought about that, will set one up for Kagawa, Baines, Carlton Cole and Shaun Derry as well. Great news!
I never used to get involved in the muppetry but I quite enjoy it these days :lol:

Caddies @Caddies Just heard that Hazard to United will be finalised today and announced tomorrow Admittedly it was me that said it as I was talking to myself

Sounds legit
Its a done deal then

Yeah, I saw the same thing and instantly refreshed this thread. More tabs: Eden Hazard thread, Kagawa thread, Twitter thread, Twitter 'Eden Hazard' search, Twitter '#mufc' and Transfermarkt.de for more news regarding Kagawa and Lewandowski :lol:

And no, I'm not at work today :cool:
:lol:

I have now created an automated device which will press the F5 button repeatedly for me, every 20 seconds. In addition, the device presses Command+TAB every 5 seconds, so that I can switch between my separate Twitter feeds for the latest on the Derry, Cole, Baines, and Paul Merson-to-United sagas.

:lol:

Stretch

:lol: I had a good laugh. Excellent muppetism here.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Any further info on this or is it a twitter wum as per usual?
The account has over 30k followers so I reckon it's probably a wind up. I can't see anything on the BBC journos pages.
If it was true I doubt the BBC would be the first to find out about it.
If its not on the BBC site then I doubt its true.
What's this bbc radio rubbish lol
It actually was on BBC Radio. Listen to it yourself, start from around 27 minutes in:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/5lfd/5lfd_20120521-2229a.mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.