Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Also i haven't checked but who wants to be that rawk are saying Ballotelli is a better player than DiMaria?
Well Sky Sports News are running a Twitter poll on which of the two will be the better signing, so I expect their forces are well engaged already.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Hes not the only DM, and it was said a while ago he was happy at Milan tbh
He's one of the few we have been linked with. A week left in the window, there's a thin line between having a good season and a terrible one and having a proper DM is the difference.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
S

They are.

Sky Sports are doing a poll for who will be the better signing and its about 54-46 to Di Maria.

Can only assume its the deluded scousers fault its that close.
Scousers love a poll, I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a chain email going around linking to the poll.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well Sky Sports News are running a Twitter poll on which of the two will be the better signing, so I expect their forces are well engaged already.
I can see Liverpool fans now saying how their summer signings are better than ours.
When basically they've hoovered up all the average squad fillers out there.

stretford_oslo

I agree. A defensive midfielder is a must. Not sure about Blind as he is mainly a left back and we need a experienced defensive midfielder. If we were to add Vidal along with a defensive midfielder then our midfield would be completely transformed.
He's not though. Read Suggs post a couple of pages back.

ThanksBoss26

He's one of the few we have been linked with. A week left in the window, there's a thin line between having a good season and a terrible one and having a proper DM is the difference.
Yep, we do need one. If van Gaal has identified him we'll just have to make it worthwhile financially for Milan. Maybe chuck them someone on loan for the season like we did with Sporting.

Santos J

I agree. A defensive midfielder is a must. Not sure about Blind as he is mainly a left back and we need a experienced defensive midfielder. If we were to add Vidal along with a defensive midfielder then our midfield would be completely transformed.
Blind's a midfielder who can do a job at left wing back, as a full back in a 4 man defence he shouldn't be anywhere near our team. If we signed him it'd be to play in midfield.

Trizy

We lacked creativity so we added Herrea, Mata and Di Maria, perfect its exactly what we needed but we badly need a defensive midfieder to help win and recycle the ball. As much as I rate Vidal I think Carvalho is ideal, he can be our Makelele. As for defense I think we have enough, the key is staying injury free. A back 4 of an injury free Rafael, Shaw and Evans will be quality, add Rojo's aggression and ball work to that and we have a solid back line, no where near the leagues best but it will stop most teams.

Silverman

He's not though. Read Suggs post a couple of pages back.
Oh ok, I thought he was mainly a LB.

Blind's a midfielder who can do a job at left wing back, as a full back in a 4 man defence he shouldn't be anywhere near our team. If we signed him it'd be to play in midfield.
I know he would be played in midfield but I think we need someone more proven than Blind.

tippex

@mps03: further delay :( inbound Madrid flight now showing scheduled arrival at 19:50 #notonmywatch

NJM78

We lacked creativity so we added Herrea, Mata and Di Maria, perfect its exactly what we needed but we badly need a defensive midfieder to help win and recycle the ball. As much as I rate Vidal I think Carvalho is ideal, he can be our Makelele. As for defense I think we have enough, the key is staying injury free. A back 4 of an injury free Rafael, Shaw and Evans will be quality, add Rojo's aggression and ball work to that and we have a solid back line, no where near the leagues best but it will stop most teams.
I would love a quality centre back signed but I agree that if we get our actual full backs fit a Rafael, Shaw and Evans, Rojo combination looks a decent back line. The more I see Jones and Smalling in particular the more I get worried.

Vidal can definitely do the dirty work in midfield but his best game is getting into the box finishing off chances and pulling the strings. I'd settle for a spoiler with power and strength like Carvalho but considering Moyes scouted him 400 times last year, I'm guessing the new boss is not so keen.

itso 7

If we are going off yesterday match then Mata and RVP will be sat next to him on the bench.
Fine by me, tbh! I want Van Gaal to institute a pure meritocracy at United, you play like shit you find your arse on the bench and if you don't respond you are in the terraces awaiting a free loan to Sporting Lisbon. Having untouchables in the team is what has led us to this point.

Browniee

Whatever happens the next 7 days is going to be exciting. Our next signing (if there is going to be one) is the best kept secret around

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Who is Di Marzio and how does he have the latest on literally ALL transfers?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He's like a chief reporter sort of at Sky Sports Italy and he's got many friends all over world football. At least it looks like that since he's got a team!

FromTheBench

He has some very strong links across the world of football.

He gets first pics of agents in cities to do deals meeting chairman etc.. and Contract signings of players as well first too particularly in Italy.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Cheers, lads. He seems to know what's going on with everything, all transfers, all across the continent.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Cheers, lads. He seems to know what's going on with everything, all transfers, all across the continent.
Football is the same like any business, all you need to know is the main players basically Mendez, Raiola and a couple of others and you've got everything a phonecall away.

Status
Not open for further replies.