Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Woah. Woooooaaaah. If Di María is after €8m a year NET wage, that means PSG are going to be paying him about £480,000 per week. Huge.
...I don't get his maths there.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I know we're rich and all, but how could any sane club give wages like this?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Lucas Moura isn't really all that.
He's not there yet but no reason why he can't get there under LvG's guidance, who is renowned for bringing through youth players.

LondonRed

Surely they find some sort of way out of 75% tax rate ?
Unlike FFP, tax evasion is a little harder to negotiate around - see Messi, Rangers et al. In the current climate especially. The players don't care anyway, their salaries were calculated net.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They've spent on Premiership proven players. The strength of the pound doesn't come into it as they've been buying from an English team that did very well last season.
But the discussion is about consolidating their CL status and becoming a proper CL-level club. They've signed players who have done just OK in the PL, nothing amazing; probably squad level players in a top 4 challenging side, at best. They should be aiming for much better talent than that... unless Rodgers is about to perform a miracle, of course.

The strength of the pound gives them a chance to look around for considerably better players for the same outlay and they've not taken advantage of that.

We've no idea whether the PL players they've signed can make the step up, so it could prove to be what sends them back down to Europa level once again.

dsch

;)
This seems utterly retarded. There's no way the 75% tax rate applies to all the income. It's mostly likely a graduated tax, i.e., we tax you nothing on the first 15k, then 15% for the next 15k, etc., and 75% for wages above 1 million.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
PSG probably want to 'upstage' us again like they did with Lucas. Pretty sad really. Lucas might be a great player but they've not got a history of producing players so he might still be a good option.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Or more likely they want to sign a top player who will improve their lineup and greatly improve their chances in the champions league
What's that smell? Oh yeah it's bullshit.

mufcwarm92

PSG probably want to 'upstage' us again like they did with Lucas. Pretty sad really. Lucas might be a great player but they've not got a history of producing players so he might still be a good option.
That's utterly ridiculous. They won't give a monkeys about us, there's a top player available, they have loads of money and they want him. Lavezzi isn't all that, Cavani isn't a wide player and Lucas hasn't really pushed on. There was talk of Griezmann and Hazard so they clearly want a wide man.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This seems utterly retarded. There's no way the 75% tax rate applies to all the income. It's mostly likely a graduated tax, i.e., we tax you nothing on the first 15k, then 15% for the next 15k, etc., and 75% for wages above 1 million.
You'd think so, but when the salary is so colossal, the tax Is going to be mental as well.

Think about it over here, 20% for up to about 31k, then 40% anything 31k to 150k, then 45% over 150k.

Now if a footballer is on 8m a year, it's only the first 150k they "get away with" on the lower figures
45% of 7.85m I huge!
Then imagine 75%!

This is obviously ignoring that these top footballers will have the exact methods to reduce their tax with sneaky legal help...but still..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
But the discussion is about consolidating their CL status and becoming a proper CL-level club. They've signed players who have done just OK in the PL, nothing amazing; probably squad level players in a top 4 challenging side, at best. They should be aiming for much better talent than that... unless Rodgers is about to perform a miracle, of course.

The strength of the pound gives them a chance to look around for considerably better players for the same outlay and they've not taken advantage of that.

We've no idea whether the PL players they've signed can make the step up, so it could prove to be what sends them back down to Europa level once again.
Maybe Rodgers is Rafa MK II - quantity over quality.. or completely out of their depth players Fort.

How highly do English fans regard Lallana by the way?

I dont understand the hard-on the English have for that "youngster" - who's friggin 26 years old for Christ sake..

Its's hilarious & cringey, the amount of English players that get catapulted to International class & then to world class without any basis or proof that he is of that standard.

The WC showed once again, that English players arent any better than international class, with many of them not even at that standard..

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That's utterly ridiculous. They won't give a monkeys about us, there's a top player available, they have loads of money and they want him. Lavezzi isn't all that, Cavani isn't a wide player and Lucas hasn't really pushed on. There was talk of Griezmann and Hazard so they clearly want a wide man.
Lucas sounds like a player with something to prove. He's not really be given a decent chance at PSG tbh, he's also 21 so plenty of time left in his career. We should throw 15m at them and see if they'd take it.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Has this already been posted?
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/ca...dal+apre+allo+United:+«A+tutti+piacerebbe...»
Dodgy Google translate:
Vidal opens at United: "Everyone would like to ...»
Juve midfielder: "You will see when I go back to Italy, who would not like to play in one of the best clubs in the world?"
SANTIAGO DE CHILE - Arturo Vidal opens at Manchester United. From Chile, where he is on holiday after the World Cup, Juventus midfielder said he was happy the interest of the Red Devils: "I've heard the rumors, but I never spoke - he told La Tercera - now I'm resting in holiday and I'll see what happens when I return to Italy.'m calm. Everyone would like to play in one of the best teams in the world." Van Gaal - Manchester United are willing to do anything to catch the Chilean Juve on the plate there is an offer of 35 million pounds, rebounded yesterday from England's indiscretion already had a meeting with the 'agent Fernando Felicevich. Besides Van Gaal follows Vidal from Bayer Leverkusen times when she wanted to take him to his Bayern Monaco. The Dutchman believes the key to a man midfield capable of being decisive under interdiction and good at stage Construction of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.