Twitter Discussion Poll: Blacklist tweets from BS accounts or not?

Do you think tweets from bullshit twitter accounts such as indykaila should be blacklisted?

• Total voters

Amir

@Damien I think using Indy in the title is a bit misleading. It is obvious the kid is a fecking moron. There are people however, people like Rafa Hernandez/Tancredi/Balague etc who get a lot wrong but do add value to discussions, they need to be taken with a pinch of salt but not banned IMO.

I'd be fine with the likes of AgentTransfersTM/Indykaila/TopTransferNews/ExclusiveTransfers etc etc etc being blacklisted.
Agreed. Total bullshitters should be out. Actual journalists is something else, even if some of their information doesn't come true.

saivet

@Damien I think using Indy in the title is a bit misleading. It is obvious the kid is a fecking moron. There are people however, people like Rafa Hernandez/Tancredi/Balague etc who get a lot wrong but do add value to discussions, they need to be taken with a pinch of salt but not banned IMO.

I'd be fine with the likes of AgentTransfersTM/Indykaila/TopTransferNews/ExclusiveTransfers etc etc etc being blacklisted.
I agree with this.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Rafael Hernandez and Tancredi should be banned as well. Both utterly pointless.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I agree with this

Stretch

This. It's the best solution and one can interpret the Tancredi/Balague tweets at one's own peril based on one's level of muppetness.

Redo91

I'm firmly in the "yes" camp. There should be no need to have this poll but unfortunately there are posters on her without the cop-on to know no to post the obvious BSers.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox

Also agree. But I'd say take almost every tweet with a pinch of salt.
The Mail for example, can only be trusted when they have "BREAKING" at the start of a transfer tweet. Everything else is rumour, just like Tancredi and the rest.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Definitely yes. Once linked here or any site, we/they are promoting this shower of WUMs. The less airtime they get, the better. Hearing a rumour is one thing, blatent lies is another. At the very least have their account verified in some way or form. I dont mind Bob Cass and other reporters, he is thick rather than a WUM. But at least we know these people are real.

x42bn6

I think tweets should only be allowed from official sources (clubs, FAs and primary sources) and journalists (freelance or otherwise). Aggregators (like IndyKaila) - or maybe secondary sources - should be allowed on an exception basis only.

Primary sources too can be banned - the sort of people whom you might call "journalists" (with quotes).

Baxter

I posted in the other thread about Tancredi too but he posts every transfer rumour he hears so some are going to be shit. He is an actual journo though and works for Sky, Bein and BT. Rafa Hernandez is a nobody and masquerades as a freelance journo, which is rubbish. Balague will obviously know some things too but some people seem to think if they get anything wrong they're a bullshitter. The information that they tweet could be right but things have changed or the information could be deliberate misdirection by whoever leaked it. Every tweet should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Dominos

I'd ban IndyKaila, agent3043 etc.

Anyone who actually works in the media or football journalism should be allowed.

Dan

As some other people have said just allowed tweets from verified accounts.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
As some other people have said just allowed tweets from verified accounts.
This seems like a good rule of thumb, but there are some good sources whose accounts haven't been 'verified' by Twitter, like Daniel Taylor.

hebegebe

It's not the tweet, it's all the twat jangle that follows that does my head in.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The Indy/agent accounts should be banned but I quite enjoy reading tweets from Balague, Hernandez etc. Just don't take it too serious.

Aporkalypse

The worst thing about the bullshitters is that their nonsense eventually gets amalgamated as part of the general feckwittery when things don't go according to plan, the source conveniently omitted/forgotten.

Jaapster

I'm in the no camp so if someone's bullshitting so be it , go buy a newspaper it's full of utter bullshit , I like to be able to at least have a look and a laugh even if it's garbage , what are we going to sanitise next ?? Spoilsports the lot of you ..

Jev

Indykaila yes. But Tancredi no. The guy may be wrong often but he works in the business and has sources, albeit not very good ones. Ban proven liars but if you restrict it to the likes of Sky, BBC etc. there's really no point in having a Twitter speculation thread. Might as well just have a 'transfer news thread' then. Half the fun is the hoping, the getting your hopes up and evaluating the credibility of certain people.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Block Express articles and other sites like Soccerlens while we're at it too.

Jev

I don't know why this is a poll tbh. Why'd people want to read what the likes of IndyKaila, Rafael Hernandez, Tancredi Palmeri in this transfer window?

I know that journalists often get things wrong but it's different from some blatant bullshitting.
Not the same thing. Indykaila plainly pulls rumours out of his ass. Rafael Hernandez just shares his thoughts and views.

Acole9

Outstanding
Ban all the ITK/wums. They're a waste of time, everyone on here knows just as much information as they do we all look on football websites when we see a player being linked we get excited depending on who it is.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Even if some of you voted Yes, we're never going to reach a consensus on which accounts are legitimate and which aren't, so might as well open it up and allow the masses to regulate things by voicing their disapproval at posters who post ridiculous tweets. Its really the only decent solution that doesn't involve randomly limiting tweets. If you don't like tweet discussion then go to the Tweets Only thread.

Plugsy

I think there needs to be clear guidelines though. If someone getting something wrong is grounds for blacklisting, EVERYONE should be blacklisted and we may as well not have one.

People who have clear face picture on their account and work for a reputable news/sports organisation/agency (ascertained perhaps by number of followers or credibility of followers) should be allowed, whether or not they've got transfers wrong in the past. It's one think banning @Agent93_Official and banning people who work for the BBC/CNN on the basis that they've been wrong in the past.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think there needs to be clear guidelines though. If someone getting something wrong is grounds for blacklisting, EVERYONE should be blacklisted and we may as well not have one.

People who have clear face picture on their account and work for a reputable news/sports organisation/agency (ascertained perhaps by number of followers or credibility of followers) should be allowed, whether or not they've got transfers wrong in the past. It's one think banning @Agent93_Official and banning people who work for the BBC/CNN on the basis that they've been wrong in the past.
Good point. Everything on Twitter is subjective and speculative, so randomly banning accounts would ultimately stifle discussions.

If someone doesn't like Tweets, they should avoid the Twitter threads. If they don't like endless discussions, they should visit Tweets Only.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How about something like the following in the OP of the other thread, but expanded? Following were off the top of my head:

Manchester United accounts

BenHibbs (ManUtd.com Journalist)
CraigNorwood (Photographer)
ManUtd (Official United twitter account)
MU_Foundation (United charity)
nickcoppack (ManUtd.com Journalist)
Steph_Toman (United PR manager)
stevebartram1 (Features Editor)
stewartgardner (MUTV)

Current United players

7AntoV
ALindegaard
carras16
CH14_
D_DeGea
fellainiM
juanmata8
NPowell25
Persie_Official
PhilJones4
S_Kagawa0317
TomLawrence99
WayneRooney
youngy18

Former United players

Cristiano
fizzer18
gary_bailey1
GNev2
louissaha08
Pschmeichel1
rioferdy5
themichaelowen
vdsar1970

United related news, gifs and others (note that some of the stuff they tweet may be sourced to someone in the blacklist)

BBCRedWednesday
BeautifullyRed
FullTimeDevils
ManUnitedYouth
ManUtdMEN
ManUtdVines
mrmujac
MufcHDphotos
MUFCLatestnews
PeoplesPerson_
R_o_M
RedMancunian
StrettyNews
TheBusbyWay
unitedrant
UWSmag

Most reliable Unitedwise

BBCSport
DTguardian
DuckerTheTimes
MOgdenTelegraph

Journalists

_PaulHayward (Daily Telegraph)
DanielHarris (Freelance, usually in The Guardian. United fan so tweets some United stuff)
DavidLynchMEN (Manchester Evening News)
DickinsonTimes (The Times)
DiMarzio
danroan (BBC News)
domfifield (The Guardian + The Observer)
DiscoMirror (Daily Mirror)
DTguardian (The Guardian + The Observer)
DuckerTheTimes (The Times)
henrywinter (Daily Telegraph)
iainmacintosh
Ian_Ladyman_DM (Northern football correspondent for Daily Mail)
JamieJackson___ (Manchester football correspondent for The Guardian)
JBurtTelegraph (Sunday Telegraph)
johncrossmirror (Daily Mirror)
JWTelegraph (Daily Telegraph)
MartinLipton (Daily Mirror)
Matt_Law_DT (Daily Telegraph)
Matt_Lawton_DM (Daily Mail)
MOgdenTelegraph (Daily Telegraph)
mikekeeganmen (Manchester Evening News)
MirrorDarren (Daily Mirror)
neilashton_ (Daily Mail)
OliverKayTimes (The Times)
OllieHolt22 (Daily Mirror)
paddybarclay (Evening Standard)
philmcnulty (BBC Sport)
RobDawsonMEN (Manchester Evening News)
RobHarris (Associated Press)
SamWallaceIndy (The Independent, follows caf twitter)
tomwfootball (AFP)
TonyEvansTimes (The Times)

Papers, Websites + TV

BBCSport
btsportfootball
ChampionsLeague
MirrorFootball
premierleague
SkyFootball
SkySports
SkySportsCL
SkySportsNews

Extremely Unreliable

ExpressFootball (stuff by Daily Express/Sunday Express)
tancredipalmeri
TommySmythESPN (does work for ESPN, but ignore anything he says transfer related)

Twitter Blacklist (outside of the obvious ones like indykaila etc)

BFairthorne
Fergie1975
LawTop20 (For transfer related tweets he doesn't know anything, but if it is something related to football in a legal context (like the Suarez stuff a few years back), feel free to post)
MardiAgent

Phil

Annoyingly vague poll. Ban accounts like Indykalia or agent5296, don't ban everything or there's no fecking point in any twitter threads.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Annoyingly vague poll. Ban accounts like Indykalia or agent5296, don't ban everything or there's no fecking point in any twitter threads.
That's exactly what it is referring to. Banning those accounts and ones like BFairthorne which keep getting posted despite clearly being fake.

Dan

Can a thread be created in the football forum for non transfer related tweets?