Twitter links not displaying | Working again

Chief123

Any way to get the new Twitter links to auto convert? Instead of Twitter.com the links are generated producing a x.com link now.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Any way to get the new Twitter links to auto convert? Instead of Twitter.com the links are generated producing a x.com link now.
So embedding is or isn’t working right now?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
So embedding is or isn’t working right now?
Seems inconsistent based on what I've been seeing. Some embedded tweets (maybe 50%) will load correctly while the rest say "this tweet is currently unavailable".

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Seems inconsistent based on what I've been seeing. Some embedded tweets (maybe 50%) will load correctly while the rest say "this tweet is currently unavailable".
Mine say tweet unavailable. Then i click and follow the link instead. When i return to the original redcafe thread the tweets show?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ok so I tried to fix Twitter embedding to work with that new address but managed to break twitter embedding completely :mad:

It's working again now but I'm going to leave these x.com URLs alone for the moment until I have time to look at it more closely.

Bloody Musk....

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ok so I tried to fix Twitter embedding to work with that new address but managed to break twitter embedding completely :mad:

It's working again now but I'm going to leave these x.com URLs alone for the moment until I have time to look at it more closely.

Bloody Musk....
Have you thought about renaming redcafe to just R?

Bert_

All the x.com links redirect to twitter.com anyway. Not ideal but just change x.com to twitter.com in the URL and it works for now. Or just open the tweet (x?) in a browser and copy/paste the URL if you're too lazy to edit it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
All the x.com links redirect to twitter.com anyway. Not ideal but just change x.com to twitter.com in the URL and it works for now. Or just open the tweet (x?) in a browser and copy/paste the URL if you're too lazy to edit it.
@Niall I was just going to suggest this

Can the swear filter not be used to autocorrect all x URLs to Twitter?

Chief123

The Twitter links opening while reading a thread is driving me bonkers. Page constantly moving around when reading on phone. :houllier:

Chief123

I’ve been editing it to say Twitter instead but even then the embedding shows a bit strange. Doesnt show a fully expanded tweet. It’s a blank body on the tweet.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Keep getting the following when I copy / paste a tweet. Started yesterday. I’m fecking technology illiterate, how can I stop this from happening?

Just read above. Will try the Twitter.com change…

e - cool. Thanks for the post above.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That’s really weird, changing it manually works.
Must be the priority the forum software does things - so I guess it detects that it is a link first with the x.com (and not an embed as x.com isn't recognised in the media thing), it then renders it as a link and changes all references of x.com to twitter.com

Obviously manually changing it means it sees that it is a twitter.com link first and automatically embeds it as it is recognised as a media site.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Where are you guys copying the x-links from anyway? The app? The web url is still twitter.com. Even x.com redirects to twitter.com.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Must be the priority the forum software does things - so I guess it detects that it is a link first with the x.com (and not an embed as x.com isn't recognised in the media thing), it then renders it as a link and changes all references of x.com to twitter.com

Obviously manually changing it means it sees that it is a twitter.com link first and automatically embeds it as it is recognised as a media site.
Elon is such a wanker.

Where are you guys copying the x-links from anyway? The app? The web url is still twitter.com. Even x.com redirects to twitter.com.
Yea, the app.

Simbo

Don't bother, integrate some alternatives instead.

Chief123

@Niall is it possible to have “https://x.com” to auto convert to “https://twitter.com” so tweets embed properly?

Chief123

When using Twitter app on iPhone. When sharing a tweet it generates an x.com link

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
When using Twitter app on iPhone. When sharing a tweet it generates an x.com link
Yep. On my Android phone, my iPad, & my laptop, it generates a Twitter.com link, only my iPhone does x.com.

And it’s real fecking annoying.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
None of them are loading in for me now. Worked fine until the X changeover, then started taking 10 or so seconds to bring up the tweets and now today it's just stuck like this...

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
None of them are loading in for me now. Worked fine until the X changeover, then started taking 10 or so seconds to bring up the tweets and now today it's just stuck like this...

Tweet

What's the URL of that tweet you tried to embed?

Chief123

Tweet

I find when you edit the link to say twitter.com instead of x.com, the tweet will show stuck and unexpanded until you refresh the page.

Last edited:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yes autoloading of the facility when you first embed is broken at the moment. But it will work once you refresh.

That's assuming you're using a twitter.com URL. x.com won't work at all.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I didn't try to embed it, just wrote out how it looks on the tweets thread. It's working a bit better today though, back down to the few second wait now.
Possibly Elon pulled out the wrong wire again...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On certain tweets that get quoted there is no 'click to expand' at the bottom of the quote box so you can't see the entire tweet.

nimic

something nice
Scout
80-90% of Twitter embeds don't show up for me now. Sometimes they will show up after I reload the page, sometimes they will show up eventually on their own.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Tweets not even showing for me on android.