g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Two balls on the pitch. An interesting miss by the officials.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Missed that.

Just seen on twitter the Denmark FK should've been disallowed aswell as Denmark had players in the England wall instead of building their own one infront.

Hephaestus

Is it just me or is this really hard to follow?
A little bit, yeah. But the short version is that unless it's interfering with play then the ref should just let it go. The OP claimed you can't play with 2 balls on the pitch when that is 100% false.

laughtersassassin

It's been mentioned a million times in another thread. This is just another place to have a moan
I didn't see it in the other thread. Not everything is that deep mate.

I was merely interested in showing it and seeing the exact rules etc.

I know 99% of the time play is instantly stopped regardless of if it interferes but for all I know that not the rule.

Maybe it's up to the ref to decide?

I think people on forums could do well to remember discussing something isn't always "moaning".

Widow

I didn't see it in the other thread. Not everything is that deep mate.

I was merely interested in showing it and seeing the exact rules etc.

I know 99% of the time play is instantly stopped regardless of if it interferes but for all I know that not the rule.

Maybe it's up to the ref to decide?

I think people on forums could do well to remember discussing something isn't always "moaning".
Discussions are not always required.

It takes a few minutes to check the rule. Conversation over after that.

I'm defensive but we have been attacked on a pure moment of joy for us.

laughtersassassin

A little bit, yeah. But the short version is that unless it's interfering with play then the ref should just let it go. The OP claimed you can't play with 2 balls on the pitch when that is 100% false.
I edited as I was unsure.

That's how the refs interpret the rule 99% of the time but if it's up to their own discretion then that is fine it's a non issue.

As someone said the Denmark player should have been smart and went and kicked it instantly stopping the attack hahah.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
To be fair that is a big miss. Weird how English fans have lost all ability to hold a conversation.
Not all of us. I said it at the time that it was a dive. Imagine the reaction from the England fans and press if that happened to us. VAR fecked up.

Oranges038

To be fair that is a big miss. Weird how English fans have lost all ability to hold a conversation.

Ssshhhh... An English player cheated to get a penalty and it led to a goal.. so for the first time in 55 years they've got a dodgy decision in their favour in a big game. But will ignore it and call everyone else salty because it's coming home.

Nick7

Attacked? Wtf :lol:

laughtersassassin

Highlighting a moment from the game is by no means an attack man.

Enjoy the win. They played well. Sterling on fire will cause Italy a lot of trouble.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Great to see the anti-English brigade out here inventing new rules. Anyone who backs science and evidence will know that the rule states that there is no obligation to stop the game in this situation and it is entirely up to the referees discretion. Fake newsing sad bastards.

Kopral Jono

I'm honestly baffled by the saltiness doing the rounds. England deservedly won, the much better team throughout bar a good Denmark spell in the first half and the penalty incident was a clear penalty. They were denied an even clearer penalty in the second half to boot.

The only bit of cheating England did tonight was that laser pen on Schmeichel just before the penalty. I really don't like seeing that at all.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Between this and the penalty call it sounds like England should not have made it through to the final. Yet here we are with England in the final. You love to see it.

mikey_d

Great to see the anti-English brigade out here inventing new rules. Anyone who backs science and evidence will know that the rule states that there is no obligation to stop the game in this situation and it is entirely up to the referees discretion. Fake newsing sad bastards.
Everything in football is entirely up to the referees discretion. A player could stab another player with a machete and it’s the referees discretion wether to send the player off for violent conduct.

The discussion re this topic is if the referee made the correct call or not - I.e was the extra ball interfering with play or not. My gut feeling is no as the ball was stationary and not really confusing to the players. However some people will disagree given the proximity of one ball to the other and it’s not exactly unusual for people on a football forum to want to discuss things like this.

Flying_Heckfish

I'm honestly baffled by the saltiness doing the rounds. England deservedly won, the much better team throughout bar a good Denmark spell in the first half and the penalty incident was a clear penalty. They were denied an even clearer penalty in the second half to boot.

The only bit of cheating England did tonight was that laser pen on Schmeichel just before the penalty. I really don't like seeing that at all.
People just love to hate us.

A bit like supporting United.

Redfrog

Is Henry there to speak about cheating?
Nah, they said that it was a pen but the game should have been stopped because of the second ball on the pitch.
The World Cup winner Desailly was there. How many World Cup winners do you have as pundits ?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

So am I. Specially on a United forum.

Vanrouge

I agree with this. I somehow missed the laser pen, but if that's true, that's well out of line.

Redfrog

Don’t play the victim. If Danemark did that all England would be fuming. I thought english people hated cheating in football…

Nothing to do with United. United used to win by playing beautiful footy. England is very boring.

arthurka

Nah, they said that it was a pen but the game should have been stopped because of the second ball on the pitch.
The World Cup winner Desailly was there. How many World Cup winners do you have as pundits ?
It depends at least between countries.. There wouldn't be many left in England if that was a requirement.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
It was a dangerous situation for Denmark, a danish player should have played the ball like it was the live ball and start going forward, the ref would have been forced to whistle :D

Kopral Jono

I'm not English, by the way. I used to live in London so for obvious reasons it's nice to see them do well but I wouldn't be losing any sleep had Denmark won. It's just that England were the much better team tonight and accusations of them being undeserved winners are bonkers.

Redfrog

So am I. Specially on a United forum.
Why ? To be honest, I liked old english teams as they had Beckham, Scholes, Rio, Rooney, Neville, so it felt like supporting United a bit (just a little bit). But now it makes me sick to watch Foden and Sterling up front, I cannot resolve myself to like them. It would probably different if Greenwood and Rashford were playing.
Plus, I don’t like Southgate and his negative brand of football.

Flying_Heckfish

Don’t play the victim. If Danemark did that all England would be fuming. I thought english people hated cheating in football…

Nothing to do with United. United used to win by playing beautiful footy. England is very boring.
I won't lose any sleep over this. We were much the better side, anyone with eyes could see it.

People love to hate England, it's just facts, especially on this board

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
What's Irish for "That here game should be replayed, like"?