Tyrell Malacia | Man Utd player

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Could just be whoever has written that quote has automatically put what we would say without even thinking about it.
Yeah, or translated. Obviously nothing 'bad' behind it, but it just struck me cause 'whilst' always seems so very UK English to me. :)

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Welcome to The Biggest Club in the world.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yup. Considering how many obvious gaps we have in our squad it’s nuts that we’re into July and our first signing is someone who plays the one position we’re probably least in need of an upgrade.
It's probably a coincidence though. Going by all the news/rumours, United are working on quite a few transfers simultaneously, and this just happened to be the first one that got done. There's no sign that I've seen that Malacia was signed first out of prioritization considerations. People just like to create narratives too much.

The-Natural

Just read the full interview with him on the website. Football wise we'll just have to wait and see but in terms of personality and mindset he seems like an absolute gem.

Young, hungry and talented players are exactly what that dressing room needs.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am not gonna lie, I have not heard his name before we were linked to him. Assuming it was the wish of ETH to sign him I am glad that we got him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's probably a coincidence though. Going by all the news/rumours, United are working on quite a few transfers simultaneously, and this just happened to be the first one that got done. There's no sign that I've seen that Malacia was signed first out of prioritization considerations. People just like to create narratives too much.
Oh I’m sure it’s a coincidence. Doesn’t make it any less of a weird situation to end up in.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Oh I’m sure it’s a coincidence. Doesn’t make it any less of a weird situation to end up in.
Oh, yeah, it looks funny. But I'm sure a couple of people are already cursing at Murtough and Ten Hag and Arnold and others as being clueless idiots for singing a left back first, and that'd be ridiculous.

But then some people can't be helped, I guess.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good luck kid.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm absolutely buzzing about this signing. Admittedly I saw YouTube videos a few weeks ago and I think I said then, this guy reminds me of Patrice Evra, which is high praise because he's one of my favourite United players for many reasons. I don't think another signing this summer will top how excited I am to see him play.

A perfect signing in many ways - talent, cost, attitude. This is the best signing we've made in a long, long time.

lex talionis

Not sure why but I have this feeling he’s going to be a bit of a cult hero here.
I get that vibe too.

One of the problems with our squad over the last few years is that very few our players play with any joy. Time will tell all, but this kid has joy written all over him. Tons of energy, a massive smile and great character on the pitch. About whom we can say that -- all three -- about anyone on the squad now?

Rossa

LB is a concern, however. Shaw is not reliable and somewhat overweight when he does play. Telles just isn’t good enough. LB should be a priority. The problem is, so are all positions bar LW and arguably goalie.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Looking forward to never seeing Luke Shaw jog again. All he does is back off, and back off, and back off, and if his man runs past him, he'll jog after him too.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yup. Considering how many obvious gaps we have in our squad it’s nuts that we’re into July and our first signing is someone who plays the one position we’re probably least in need of an upgrade.
Yeah apart from maybe the number 10, where of course we have Fernandes, VdB and the promising Hannibal and Shoretire....

Next up, Eriksen :)

LoneStar

Okay, I can finally see the highlights of this guy on YouTube now. Really don't want to see highlights of players we are linked to, but don't end up being United players. Lazy? Maybe. Effective? Very much!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
One thing I've noticed from his highlight videos, he's the type of player to get the crowd loud in Old Trafford - be it with a crunching tackle or a drive forward with the ball. This cannot be understated for the upcoming season as Old Trafford was presented with little to get rowdy for last season.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

ten Hag is so excited, love to see it :D

SoCross

Oh Malacia, we are down on our knees
Begging you to kindly be not as bad/unreliable as our current fullback options.

Red4Life_#7

Looking forward to never seeing Luke Shaw jog again. All he does is back off, and back off, and back off, and if his man runs past him, he'll jog after him too.
Yes, I feel Shaw is a tough player to motivate. He is a great LB on his day, but he just doesn't sprint enough! Seems to wait for the ball too much and is not aggressive enough (bursting a lung) in getting back.