Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

What was the complain regarding his crossing, he doesn't swing them like a Telles but he picks players out with low ones, I like fullbacks with his drive!!

Okey

I like what I see. The customary YouTube videos had me labelling him a left footed AWB, but watching him play here, I'm impressed enough.

Idxomer

I like what I see. The customary YouTube videos had me labelling him a left footed AWB, but watching him play here, I'm impressed enough.
He plays with the right intensity and that has been lacking from our fullbacks since Rafael.

NoPace

He plays with the right intensity and that has been lacking from our fullbacks since Rafael.
Yeah, hardworking quick and strong players who can pass and are available for not insane fees seem like the way to go this summer, and hope Sancho and Bruno are productive with the right players behind them.

Dazzmondo

Good performance from him. I've only seen 3 games where I was actually focusing on him but he's impressed in all of them. If ETH thinks he's good enough I'd trust him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For the price he's definitely worth a gamble. Really does look like a young Evra.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That long shot he almost scored with was an outlyer really. Never seen him hot a shot that well before :wenger:

Jibbs

We have to sign Malacia now, we also signed Evra when he lost Champions League final to Mourinho’s Porto.

Kaushal

I’m impressed and I see the hype now. He is a hard working, tenacious smart little player, technically good too. Doesn’t hit and hope like our full backs, was picking his teammate almost every time with his low drives/cut backs. Far better than telles and better than Shaw. I really like what I saw and £10-15m would be an absolute steal to be honest. He isn’t even raw , very mature for his age and would walk into our team.

Last edited:

Kaushal

We have to sign Malacia now, we also signed Evra when he lost Champions League final to Mourinho’s Porto.
So you mean we have to sign him 2 yrs from now just like we signed Evra almost 2yrs after the CL final defeat ? :wenger:

SAF is the GOAT

I don't think we'll have the money(even though his price is low) for him after we'll buy all these players where some of them will be pretty expensive.

NoPace

Looked a bit like Evra in terms of being tenacious and technically good, opting for cutbacks since he can't really cross yet.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Only seen youtube but he looked really good to me in those. Tenacious and good technical ability.

He'd have to eventually learn to cross though

Coops73

I watched him in the 2nd half last night, thought he played really well and a lot seemed to be going through him down that right side, I was surprised he was taken off albeit the 88th minute. Agree with the Evra vibes.

Bojan Djordjic

I watched him in the 2nd half last night, thought he played really well and a lot seemed to be going through him down that right side, I was surprised he was taken off albeit the 88th minute. Agree with the Evra vibes.
Is he not a left back?

We Need Another Rebuild

I was incredibly impressed with him yesterday only caught the second half put showed all the attributes needed to play in the PL.

He looks a typical Dutch player incredibly technical, his ability to pass through the lines impressed me the most even with Roma clogging the centre of the pitch.

I also liked his ability to play balls behind the fullback for the winger to run onto.

His most important attribute for me was his willingness to constantly make over or underlaps when it required and when it wasn't he didn't hide on the touchline he played as an inverted LB looking to control possession and offer an option.

For less that the cost of selling Telles & Williams he looks a steal and the profile we should be looking at bringing in.

CraftySoAndSo

I liked what i saw from him last night, he seems tenacious, good left foot and seems good at crosses. That cross with the outside of his foot was :drool:

Mikelinho

He is literally Evra in disguise. Looked good in defense as well. Bring him in now!

CraftySoAndSo

Incredibly one footed though.
True but if there's one position where being one footed is less of an issue it's full back. Obviously it'd be nice if he was good on both feet but we're not talking about a midfielder who needs to dictate play. With full back he should be driving to the byline and putting crosses in so only being one footed is less of a concern, especially if he's very good on that one foot.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Really like the idea of bringing him in. A signing in the mould of Trippier, Robertson, Evra;

- Cheap,
- 22/23 years old with plenty of experience from a lower level,
- Looks to be «well-rounded» (great/good technique, good passer of the ball and good physique in terms of pace, agility and stamnia).
- Hopefully got the right mentality/football brain

Big Andy

Bloke
True but if there's one position where being one footed is less of an issue it's full back. Obviously it'd be nice if he was good on both feet but we're not talking about a midfielder who needs to dictate play. With full back he should be driving to the byline and putting crosses in so only being one footed is less of a concern, especially if he's very good on that one foot.
I just think it makes him predictable. if he has to cut inside, he'll be playing it backwards to midfielders, much like Luke Shaw does now and Wan Bissaka on the right. You need at least someone competent on their weaker foot, so that they can cross either going down the line or cutting in.

Dazzmondo

I just think it makes him predictable. if he has to cut inside, he'll be playing it backwards to midfielders, much like Luke Shaw does now and Wan Bissaka on the right. You need at least someone competent on their weaker foot, so that they can cross either going down the line or cutting in.
Are Trent or James particularly good with their left foot?

Okey

Are Trent or James particularly good with their left foot?
I have no issues with Malacia being very one-footed, but those 2 aren't the best examples. They're pretty decent with the left foot when they have to use it.

Dazzmondo

I have no issues with Malacia being very one-footed, but those 2 aren't the best examples. They're pretty decent with the left foot when they have to use it.
I don't remember seeing Trent get many assists with his left foot. Can you find me some vids?

Okey

I don't remember seeing Trent get many assists with his left foot. Can you find me some vids?
I'm not great (or very bothered) at posting vids. But I watch them 2 very regularly. I'm sure the clips would be aplenty if you look. They don't have to be assists either. Only a small percentage of crosses actually turn into assists for a goal. So it follows that they would have a negligible proportion of actual assists with the left foot.

Dazzmondo

I'm not great (or very bothered) at posting vids. But I watch them 2 very regularly. I'm sure the clips would be aplenty if you look. They don't have to be assists either. Only a small percentage of crosses actually turn into assists for a goal. So it follows that they would have a negligible proportion of actual assists with the left foot.
I watch them both regularly too and James is maybe a bit more 2 footed but Trent has always been very reliant on his right foot any time I've watched him. That's the case with nearly all full backs. The one major exception I'd say is Cancelo which is probably why he's been deployed on both flanks and still performed at such a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.