Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Manchester United be like : sorry for hijacking your deal. How about you get a fine Brazilian fullback from us.

ti vu

Yes and? All I can see there is that we weren't out of the race? Rom broke the news that we'd hijacked the move
By then, the Dutch journo already circled info about us making final push if you look around on Twitter. Rom stamped the "exclusive" on it as if he's the only one got it.

Rom himself had Here we go for the deal to Lyon. He was offside. Then trying to absolve himself later.

Abraxas

It's certainly a bargain bucket fee. Hopefully he's good. It's a big advantage to be able to get in competition at LB for a small sum as I don't think it was the biggest hole in the squad. Surely it means the back of Telles, why would we need 3 left backs?

ti vu

It's certainly a bargain bucket fee. Hopefully he's good. It's a big advantage to be able to get in competition at LB for a small sum as I don't think it was the biggest hole in the squad. Surely it means the back of Telles, why would we need 3 left backs?
"Pep is my idol" fullback galore.

city-puma

Manchester United be like : sorry for hijacking your deal. How about you get a fine Brazilian fullback from us.
Right! Considering Raphael joined them and played for several years, they can now get Telles. It’s good for both parties, win-win scenario!

Devil may care

He's an LB that actually runs. He's gone Robertson's engine and he's quick as hell. He may not be the most polished crosser but he's very good in possession.
Do you think he has the technical foundations to progress his crossing game? I know his passing is well rated.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Thought our priority was RB, hope this signing means we are also addressing the weaker areas in this window - otherwise don’t quite understand it.
Because we want to move Telles on and ten Hag wants real competition at the position. Right back is also an area we can improve but we can't address everything this summer.

Bobade

It makes his cranium look like the eponymous alien from alien

It doesn't suit him.

:nervous:
I don't know the kid but I'm struggling to find any picture on his insta where he resembles the Alien and I consider myself something of an Alien aficionado.

ChaddyP

:confused:
I didn't mean to be rude just a carefree throwaway comment, I apologize if it came out as mean.
That's OK dude.

I'm honestly just sick of posters having a pop at people's hairstyle, it especially annoys me when it's a black guys hair. It rubs me the wrong way.

The guy just has long hair up in a ponytail. Didn't know that was something to be controversial

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know the kid but I'm struggling to find any picture on his insta where he resembles the Alien and I consider myself something of an Alien aficionado.
Mostly Meant it in the sense that it makes his skull elongated due to it dropping behind his head.
Anyways it was just a dumb comment I made, didn't know it would get so controversial :lol:
That's OK dude.

I'm honestly just sick of posters having a pop at people's hairstyle, it especially annoys me when it's a black guys hair. It rubs me the wrong way.

The guy just has long hair up in a ponytail. Didn't know that was something to be controversial
Fair enough mate, I just didn't think it suited him the buzzcut he has now suits him much better.

Just a innocuous throwaway comment, couldn't care less what a player does with their personal life as long as it's not illegal and they perform on the pitch.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Maybe the idea is to play on the left side the way Ajax did this on the right, with Sancho wide left and coming deep to get on the ball and bring it forward like Antony did, and then Malacia as Mazraoui running into the half space that's now open and playing a mix of RB and RCM.
Agreed, I think Timber and Antony are the two players we should sign from Ajax. This way, we can play Malacia as overlapping LB with Timber underlapping/joining the midfield on the right. Or we can play Shaw as underlapping on the left with Dalot overlapping on the right. Especially with 5 subs next year, we can change strategies easily mid game. Question is, will Ajax let us have both, especially with Arsenal aggressively chasing Martinez after losing out on Rafinhna to Chelsea. Also, curious what will the role of Eriksen will be if Bruno and Donny are going to be sharing the CAM minutes? More options in midfiled guess. Either way, exciting times, now we finally have some activity!

NLunited

He looks like just the type of full back we need, for how Ten Hag likes to play. Looks very good defensively too. Full of mojo, good match for United.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Because we want to move Telles on and ten Hag wants real competition at the position. Right back is also an area we can improve but we can't address everything this summer.
I think we will address right back this summer. There's already so much info out there about AWB being shopped around. No way we'll have just Dalot and a youth player for cover. Timber makes sense to me because he's good, has bags of potential, knows the manager and system, offers something different from our other RB option, can play CB or play RB and move into midfield to support build up when we have possession. We just need LVG to Keep Our Name Out of His Mofo Mouth!

The Irish Connection

Watched him in the europa final and in the nation’s league and he impressed me. Reminds me a bit of Evra, like others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.