U18s: Manchester United vs. Middlesbrough

khoazany

Live on MUTV.KO 12:30 pm.

McKenna's debut game so hopefully a good performance.

Chong and Burkart not available (perhaps?) due to international duty.

Predicted XI: Sebtaoui - Tanner,O'Connor,M.Dunne,Hamilton - Whelan,Gomes - Bohui,Buffonge,Boonen - Makela
Subs: M.Johnstone,Ercolani,Sang,Roberts,Kenyon

Last edited:

khoazany

16 years old forward Indis Kanu from West Ham starts for us today.Don't know yet whether it's a trial or he's already signed.

XI: Sebtaoui - Tanner,O'Connor,M.Dunne,Kenyon - Whelan,Hamilton - Buffonge,Gomes,Boonen - Kanu
Subs: M.Johnstone,Ercolani,Barrett,Roberts,Makela

Irish_Red

Good stuff from United so far. Is it me or has O'Connor grown by like a foot in the past couple of months?! He looked like a nippy wing back to me now he looks like a colossus of a centre back?!

Leonard17

Good stuff from United so far. Is it me or has O'Connor grown by like a foot in the past couple of months?! He looked like a nippy wing back to me now he looks like a colossus of a centre back?!
That's Max Dunne.

Virtuoso

Good start to the game. Tough fixture of course against a more than decent side.

Gomes has sprayed around some great passes, dropping quite deep at the moment. Interested to see more of Idris Kanu too who just did a very clever turn on the edge of the box - just over the bar with an effort on his left foot.

Great interview with Kieran McKenna which they showed before the game. Very encouraged by everything that I've heard and read about him. Exciting times ahead hopefully with some talented players and a very promising, young coach.

Leonard17

O'Connor is the other centre back. Definitely after growing over the summer.
Max Dunne is the shorter of the two.
No he isn't, Max Dunne is the bigger. O'Connor's a full back that can play centre back.

Irish_Red

No he isn't, Max Dunne is the bigger. O'Connor's a full back that can play centre back.
According to the commentators O'Connor is the RCB and Dunne is the LCB and they have said it consistently when he gets the ball. The RCB is definitely taller?? Unless the commentators on MUTV are getting it wrong?

Leonard17

According to the commentators O'Connor is the RCB and Dunne is the LCB and they have said it consistently when he gets the ball. The RCB is definitely taller?? Unless the commentators on MUTV are getting it wrong?
Number 5 is Max Dunne, playing RCB. The commentators are wrong.

Leonard17

The way we're playing so far is very encouraging. Good on the ball, crisp progressive passes and dynamic. Hopefully it continues like this. The win last week, definitely helped with confidence.

Classical Mechanic

Encouraging stuff.

Nice goal from Boonen. Gomes with the Pogba-esque outside of the boot through ball. Those two have pressed from the front well too. Kanu looked OK holding the ball up etc.

khoazany

Good first half performance.Kanu looks useful.Could do with snapping him up (he's currently free agent,don't know what happened to him at West Ham as he even played twice for their U21s last season as an U16).

dichinero

Good first half performance.Kanu looks useful.Could do with snapping him up (he's currently free agent,don't know what happened to him at West Ham as he even played twice for their U21s last season as an U16).
Please, any news on Gribbin and Williams? Where are Burkart and Bohui?

Virtuoso

Very good goal. Gomes with a super ball through and Boonen did very well with the finish. Boonen has really kicked on at the start of this season, great energy levels and very dynamic on the ball.

Kanu did pretty well in the first half too.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Is it okay to say Gomes is the best U16 talent in the world right now?

dichinero

The trio of Gomes, Boonen and Buffonge look like edited players on PES!

Virtuoso

The quality of the goals and the standard of our football has been nothing short of amazing. Some of the best stuff I've seen us play at this level in years.

The link-up between Gomes and Buffonge for that 4th goal was unreal, the pace and skill was very special. That said, all the goals from us have been memorable.

Leonard17

Buffonge has been very good today, as he has been since last late last season. Him and Boonen are improving very nicely right now and have a good link up with Gomes.

Prodigal7

Bring Gribbin back in the team and we should be one of the favorites for the FA Youth cup.
I think Hamilton and Whelan aren't the greatest as the 2 deeper mids. Bringing Gribbin in to take a number 10 spot and putting Gomes as the number 8 could make us even better IMO.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Been a while since I watched the academy, but Buffonge and Gomes are really impressing me. Such mature decision making for their age.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Buffonge, Boonen, Gribbon, Gomes is such a tasty attack at this level.