U18s: Middlesbrough vs United

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Williams is mint, isn't he?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
38’

3-0 Williams. A very good attack from United, Scanlon and Moorhouse play it to Williams who smashes it in.

top1whoisman

Scout
Someone in the crowd arguing with the assistant because he didn’t tell him how many minutes there are left before HT :lol:

top1whoisman

Scout
43’

Jackson 4-0. Another brilliant corner from Williams and the CB heads it in.

lysglimt

Scout
Best 45 minutes I have ever seen from a United-player at this level - Ethan Williams has been insane - 10/10 from him. McAllister not that far behind

top1whoisman

Scout
Best 45 minutes I have ever seen from a United-player at this level - Ethan Williams has been insane - 10/10 from him. McAllister not that far behind
Plenty of good performances out there today so far. Fitzgerald, Nolan, Jackson, Munro etc.

Williams has been brilliant, continuing the good form from last season.

From my memory MG and some players in that McKenna U18 team had similar performances but nothing to take away from Williams really. Hope het gets decent minutes in the U21s this season.

lysglimt

Scout
I remember there was a guy here (cant recall who - which is just as well) - who 12 months ago described Williams as average at best.....

Bertie Wooster

Mainoo won the young player of the year award. Gore reserves’. Williams should’ve won it but I can understand why they wanted to acknowledge Mainoo’s development.
Ah, yeah, good point. Williams was the player of the season for the U18 team - but Mainoo was the U18 player who had achieved the most by progressing to the first team squad. Probably should have been a joint award - Mainoo, like you say, to acknowledge his development and achievement; Williams as the best player for the U18 team.

top1whoisman

Scout
Are they applying the silly 'true' 45mins time calculation even to the academy?
If that’s the way forward in the first team football it’s only smart to copy-paste those circumstances to U18s & U21s too. They need that experience.

Gungerz

This isn't even a bad Boro side by the way. They've got a few England youth internationals playing, in particular their #10 Finn Cartwright who is very highly rated & made his first-team debut in the Carabao Cup the other day.

Bertie Wooster

Cheers!

I thought Amir Ibrahimov has (Russian) passport issues and so cant travel much?
I don't know if you meant this or not, but when I put 'Ibrovic-Fletcher' that wasn't anything to do with Ibrahimov - it was Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, a talented looking playmaker who plays the #10 role.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don't know if you meant this or not, but when I put 'Ibrovic-Fletcher' that wasn't anything to do with Ibrahimov - it was Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, a talented looking playmaker who plays the #10 role.
haha... I thought it was a typo on your part!!!

Gungerz

Williams' two-footedness is a joke. Very reminiscent of a certain someone..

top1whoisman

Scout
61’

Missin & Biancheri make their way onto the pitch, Musa & Moorhouse off.

To be honest Musa has been very underwhelming whenever I’ve seen him play. Doesn’t really get involved in the game too much.

top1whoisman

Scout
@Remember the geese actually thinking about the Harrison situation: Regardless of whether he makes the bench on Monday I’m sure he was involved in first team training today, so that’s why he missed this one, I think.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think McAllister is going to be some player when he gets to the men's game.

Borninthe80ts

Plenty of good performances out there today so far. Fitzgerald, Nolan, Jackson, Munro etc.

Williams has been brilliant, continuing the good form from last season.

From my memory MG and some players in that McKenna U18 team had similar performances but nothing to take away from Williams really. Hope het gets decent minutes in the U21s this season.
In relation to the post you quoted and your own, this is indeed an excellent performance but under McKenna I think I’ve seen similar performances. Regular passages of play like the team goal in this game and positive results were hard to come by after he left but we look really confident and settled in this game.

The midfielders look composed and tenacious and the defence on the front foot and organised.

Special mention to Williams who looks looks to have grown from his development last season. He was used in a variety of positions last year and looks to have used to experience to add to his game.

Remember the geese

@Remember the geese actually thinking about the Harrison situation: Regardless of whether he makes the bench on Monday I’m sure he was involved in first team training today, so that’s why he missed this one, I think.
Ah, ok. Perhaps his inclusion in first team training taking priority would lead you to believe that he might make the bench on Monday night.

top1whoisman

Scout
Ah, ok. Perhaps his inclusion in first team training taking priority would lead you to believe that he might make the bench on Monday night.
They want and need at least three or four keepers in the first team training, so I wouldn’t read too much into it. Mee was definitely there too. Even if Harrison has more talent Mee is three years older and more experienced.

top1whoisman

Scout
While the focus is deservedly on Williams and us scoring four in the first half, must say I’ve been impressed with our defending. We’ve dominated our box very well. Boro are strugglng to work Myles as we’re staying on our feet, blocking shots and passes and keeping it tight.

khoazany

Both Heaton and Vitek are out (so is Henderson for a while) and whoever we have left isn't good enough so good chance yeah.

Remember the geese

They want and need at least three or four keepers in the first team training, so I wouldn’t read too much into it. Mee was definitely there too. Even if Harrison has more talent Mee is three years older and more experienced.
Good point. Although Harrison played some part in our pre-season, so that could be an indication.

lysglimt

Scout
The second half was .. uninteresting to put it mildly but that was to be expected after that perfect first half. Superb start to the season for us - and a lot of really good performances. Munro is an interesting player, a centreback who is tall, fairly fast and strong - we have not had a lot of those over the last 10 years.

McAllister was superb in midfield - he reminds me of a better version of Galbraith both in the way he looks and in his playing style. Enough said about Williams :)

lysglimt

Scout
Lots of goals in the opening round

Villa - Spurs 4-0 (Rory Wilson with a hat-trick)

Brighton - WBA 4-3 (WBA took the lead after 2 minutes and Brighton then had a player sent off for 2 yellow after just 10 minutes, but still won the game)

Liverpool - Forest 4-2 (Forest got a player sent off in the 75th minute at 2-2, Liverpool scored twice in the last 5 minutes)

Stoke - Leeds 1-6 (Gorman with 2 goals and Brown with hat-trick - and if my information is correct - Finlay Gorman is 14 years old)

Palace - Southampton 5-0 (Zac Marsh with a hat-trick + 1 assist)

Newcastle - Everton 4-2 (Defender Thomas Bryant with 3 assists for Newcastle who were 4-0 up until the 91 minute when Everton scored twice in extra-time)

stealthy

A 4-0 win and still not top of the table . Proper goal fest, Leeds bagging 6.
That’s a very strong United line up with lots of good second years. I imagine it will change as season progresses, but if not that team will challenge for the U18 title. Not that that is the focus of course!

top1whoisman

Scout
Next U18 PL game in two weeks time as we're traveling to Eindhoven to take part in U19 Otten Cup next weekend. Hope we get some players back/new players available for that.