U18s: Middlesbrough vs United

Bertie Wooster

Next U18 PL game in two weeks time as we're traveling to Eindhoven to take part in U19 Otten Cup next weekend. Hope we get some players back/new players available for that.
Ah, thanks for that.

I was surprised to hear them say our next league game was another away one in a couple of weeks time, and was wondering why. Should be good preparation for our U19's involvement in the youth version of the CL.

Demaw

I remember there was a guy here (cant recall who - which is just as well) - who 12 months ago described Williams as average at best.....
Definitely could have been me so I'll put my hand up. He is going so much better this season so far. I didn't like him much for awhile a year ago. Big boy for 18's so we will see when he steps up to 21's and reserves. Looking good though.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Definitely could have been me so I'll put my hand up. He is going so much better this season so far. I didn't like him much for awhile a year ago. Big boy for 18's so we will see when he steps up to 21's and reserves. Looking good though.
Fair play. And to be fair to you he did improve a lot towards the end of last season. But I'd say the talent was always there and you could see it early on.

mav_9me

Thanks to everyone for their observations and commentary. With these awful camera angles I have stopped watching the youth and reserves. Gives me actual headaches. So great to read about them.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Thanks to everyone for their observations and commentary. With these awful camera angles I have stopped watching the youth and reserves. Gives me actual headaches. So great to read about them.
With all the branding PL has done, it’d be nice if they set some minimum standards to the U18 Premier League and Premier League 2. The product itself is damn good but the way it is often broadcasted is not.

lysglimt

Scout
Which players are missing - due to injury or not being cleared to play yet ? Not counting those who have been moved up to the U21's

Fletcher x2, Curley, Amass, Sharpe, Wheatley and Kingdon - who else am I missing ?

khoazany

Which players are missing - due to injury or not being cleared to play yet ? Not counting those who have been moved up to the U21's

Fletcher x2, Curley, Amass, Sharpe, Wheatley and Kingdon - who else am I missing ?
Berry and Lacey. Kaba also not there but might be simply not selected.

Sea-Cow

This isn't even a bad Boro side by the way. They've got a few England youth internationals playing, in particular their #10 Finn Cartwright who is very highly rated & made his first-team debut in the Carabao Cup the other day.
Thats interesting. Was he going up against United CBs who handled him well, or was it a collective effort? Did he still stand out for Boro, even though they were getting a hiding?

Sea-Cow

I don't know if you meant this or not, but when I put 'Ibrovic-Fletcher' that wasn't anything to do with Ibrahimov - it was Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, a talented looking playmaker who plays the #10 role.
Thats news to me as well! And that is different than the Darren Fletcher twins? Confusing!

Bertie Wooster

Thats news to me as well! And that is different than the Darren Fletcher twins? Confusing!
True. :lol:

We could have a diamond midfield of Ibragimov, Fletcher, Fletcher, Ibrovic-Fletcher. :)

There's also a couple of younger Ibragimov's on our books.

Bertie Wooster

What is going on with Fredricson?
In what sense? He's not an U18 any more
Has he featured for any of the teams this season / pre-season yet?

As you say, he's not an U18 player now but there's been plenty of opportunities for him to feature in games so far at various levels but I don't remember seeing him feature in any. Is he currently injured?

KevinJoh

Fredricson did not play for a quite a long time or mentioned, so probably injured