U18s: United vs. Newcastle

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Sorry, was looking for one before and it just kept coming up with some German sports channel.

Unlucky for Pereira. He's had some quality moments today.

KingEric7

Another good goal from Wilson this time. Came out of nowhere, was really surprised he controlled that so well.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Finish and a half from Wilson! Suarez-esque ;)

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Great goal by Wilson! Good control after Love hit a long pass behind the defense, takes it past the keeper and slots it in from a tight angle

Heffo

Wilson is such a good finisher, really looking forward to following the development of so many of this group.

Heffo

Also this is the most impressive I think I've seen Perreira in a United shirt. Maybe it's because we're so dominant but he seems so much more decisive with his decision making than he was earlier in the season.

KingEric7

Also this is the most impressive I think I've seen Perreira in a United shirt. Maybe it's because we're so dominant but he seems so much more decisive with his decision making than he was earlier in the season.
He's reminded me of Morrison a bit today.

Brightonian

Need to be equally dominant in this half. It's a United problem at all levels recently, not matching one great half with another (which ever way round them come).

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I like how lenient the refs are in terms of handing out reds/yellows at this level, but on the other side; Shouldnt the players learn how to play with the pressure of being on a yellow from an early age?

Brightonian

Nah, let them learn their football in fluent, uninterrupted games. That sort of thing will come quickly when they move up a level.

KingEric7

Gorre should've scored! Great play from Pereira.

KingEric7

Again, good play from Daehli down the left somehow keeping hold the ball, crossing it to Gorre at the far post who nods it in.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't wanna sound bitter over Pogba and Morrison. But on pure performance basis wise and consistency, I think Daehli is beating both of them so far, when they were at his age.

Brightonian

I don't wanna sound bitter over Pogba and Morrison. But on pure performance basis wise and consistency, I think Daehli is beating both of them so far, when they were at his age.
Agreed. Morrison and Daehli are possibly equal in terms of technical ability, but Daehli runs games, whereas Morrison always waited to be ushered into them.

Baxter

Is Pereira still 16? Wilson seems to be progressing brilliantly as well.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Pereira turns 17 on new year's day.

I missed a bit of the second half but Pearson was class again from what I saw. Really looks like the complete package. Hope he gets some games for the u21s this season.