U18s : United vs Newcastle

lysglimt

Scout
On the ball, he is the best player in this team but I'd like to see more of him off the ball. Like I said earlier, Missin is so much more involved that Lacey. Hopefully comes with age.
The biggest problem I see with Lacey is that he offers nothing defensively - while Missin' works his socks off to win the ball back

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The biggest problem I see with Lacey is that he offers nothing defensively - while Missin' works his socks off to win the ball back
Definitely something that will have to be worked on if he wants to make it at first team level, especially if ten Hag is around for the long haul.

Also, post just prevented his hat trick!

saik

Yup, exactly my point. Bit like Rashford in that regard. Lacey's comfortably the best player on the team, but Missin worked his bollocks off today. Want to see the same from Lacey as well.

Full time United 5-1

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really fantastic win, have to stop myself saying it after every week but this team is filled to the brim with talent.

lysglimt

Scout
If I have calculated correctly - we have had 13 different goalscorers in the first 6 matches this season
Bianchieri 4, Jackson 2, Lacey 2, Curley 2, Wheatley 2, Musa 2, Kingdon, Missin, McAllister, Moorhouse, Scanlon, Nolan, Williams and 1 owngoal

saik

FT.

United 5-1 Newcastle. Lacey goes for a hattrick at the end but his freekick is saved comfortably by the GK. Feels like the best performance of the season so far from the lads. We were in control throughout the game with Newcastle barely getting a sniff for huge parts of the game. Missin MOTM for me. Him, Amass, Lacey, Curley all impressive today.

lysglimt

Scout
And we have quite a few players who are out injured, at the U21s or missing for other reasons - so there is both quality and quantity

saik

5 goals each from both our U21's and U18's today. Hopefully the senior team scores another 5 with Hojlund scoring a hattrick. Will be a perfect weekend. :drool:

Borninthe80ts

I came in to rave about Missin but see everyone beat me to it. I didn’t know his control was as good as it is. Been excellent and another unheralded player doing well.

I think Amass has been very good too, and think he does well defensively. He tracks back well and puts in a challenge. Positioning wise he will improve I’m sure, but their developing a nice partnership on the left.

Lacey, for one so young to be able to play the game at his own pace at times is a very good sign.

There’s a lot to like about this group of players, as the commentator said, work hard for each other.

khoazany

Curley has been different class since he's coming back from injury. Making up for the lost time.

PS18

There will be some setbacks this season I'm sure, but.... remember when people on here were writing this entire group off because of some iffy performances in a pre-season tournament? Good times