U18s: United vs. Spurs

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Shame nothing came off that...what a class turn that was from Daehli. Made the defender look ridiculous.

KingEric7

Barmby...:drool: Maradona turn past two players on the right. The talent in this team is staggering.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
'Win something Jack' cue a Marseille roulette and nearly a wonderful goal heh.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Our lads have grown into the match so much, fitness levels much better than Tottenham.

KingEric7

This is some side we have here, talent throughout and still got players out missing too
Daehli, Pearson, Januzaj, Wilson, Pereira, Barmby....eat your heart out La Masia. ;)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We've thoroughly outclassed them in the second half. Glad to see Jack Barmby came back, he's been strangely missing from the U18 this season.

KingEric7

Would've been very flattering had that free kick gone in. Should maybe have scored more given our dominance in that half.

Thisistheone

How enjoyable was that! Brilliant stuff.

This group warrant the excitement thats growing around them.

Motm? Love?

KingEric7

How enjoyable was that! Brilliant stuff.

This group warrant the excitement thats growing around them.

Motm? Love?
They're just going to get better and better as the season develops too. It's funny because when we signed Pereira, I just assumed he'd be comfortably our best youngster in the team and just dicking about with everyone. As talented as he looks, there are genuinely about 5 players of similar ability - it's brilliant.

Thisistheone

Where does love play and what is his style?
Played right back today but was one of the most adventurous players on the pitch. Loves to get forward. Involved in a lot of our play 2nd half. Hit a post early. Showed excellent technique when hitting a first time volley on the edge of the box, making their keeper pull off a fine save in the process.

More comfortable going forward, but seems solid enough defensively as well, bar the odd wild lunge. His best game so far this season.

KM

They're just going to get better and better as the season develops too. It's funny because when we signed Pereira, I just assumed he'd be comfortably our best youngster in the team and just dicking about with everyone. As talented as he looks, there are genuinely about 5 players of similar ability - it's brilliant.
Tbf mate, Periera is still 16 and it's his first season in the U18. He looks very talented but hasn't settled in completely. He'll be better next season. Daehli looks too good for the U18 tbh.

Tooni

Exactly my thoughts. I was expecting Pereira to walk in to the squad and be a level or two above the rest but there are also other seriously talented kids there. I hope we get to develop them as a unit before the inevitable loan moves to hone their individual skills.

Thisistheone

Aye, it's great to see. To pick out one or two is hard right now. There's at least 5 or 6 who look excellent, probably more. It would be beneficial if we could keep them all together for a few years.

James Wilson is a big prospect. Then there's Barmby, Daehli, Pereira, Rothwell, Januzaj, Rudge etc etc

KM

Let's not forget that Iannou lads. The fact he was thrown in an important match at the youth cup last season at the age of 16, makes me think that he's very highly rated by the coaching staff.

Thisistheone

Let's not forget that Iannou lads. The fact he was thrown in an important match at the youth cup last season at the age of 16, makes me think that he's very highly rated by the coaching staff.
Still haven't seen him. But remember you talking about him before. Sounds like a massive talent. Look forward to seeing him play.

KingEric7

Tbf mate, Periera is still 16 and it's his first season in the U18. He looks very talented but hasn't settled in completely. He'll be better next season. Daehli looks too good for the U18 tbh.
Oh aye, no disrespect to Pereira. That was more a compliment to the rest of the group.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
:confused:
We haven't been really great, you know? Like I said I don't regularly watch these games but after hearing the praise for some of the youngsters I am a bit puzzled thats all.
The point is you've seen 45 mins and most people have seen more so know that this isn't a us at our best and as km mentioned we were missing some good players. Mind you, second hard probably impressed you more.

I still think we tend to underrate the players we have. Whoever we bring in, we have talent and it was great to see mats not dominate like he has in the other games this season - because in the second half others compensated

Barmby for me was motm but love, grimshaw (baring the mistake), Pereria was pretty good - got stuck in which was great to see. Wilson alwasys composed in the box doing so well, it's almost impossible to keep up this form? We'll see.

TheBest

SPNTBP
The point is you've seen 45 mins and most people have seen more so know that this isn't a us at our best and as km mentioned we were missing some good players. Mind you, second hard probably impressed you more.

Don't judge peoples opinions based off 45 mins of football..spurs had a good side out there but more often then not we do pretty well. You'll see over the season, how it chops and changes and their will always be players that you'll be impressed with because it's a good young team. Some outstanding players
You don't understand what I am saying though. What I meant was I have heard quite a lot about these kids. I was expecting a bit more. But in the early parts it looked like we weren't in the game. They were pressing high. So I was a bit confused thats all. I wasn't judging anyone's opinion instead on the basis of those opinions I was expecting a bit more.
Second half performance certainly justifies the hype.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
You don't understand what I am saying though. What I meant was I have heard quite a lot about these kids. I was expecting a bit more. But in the early parts it looked like we weren't in the game. They were pressing high. So I was a bit confused thats all. I wasn't judging anyone's opinion instead on the basis of those opinions I was expecting a bit more.
Second half performance certainly justifies the hype.
yes we were poor or spurs were good but this type of quality is part of what make the reserves/academy good. They can play crap for 45 or be 2 down and providing there's time - we're always capable of coming back. You'll have hated our performance against the saints last time out ...God knows I did ;)

Cold_Boy

Daehli looks better than Eikrem (who looked class in the youth sides) imo.

This Pearson guy? Have seen him in a couple of matches but didn't really notice him then. So what are his best attributes? How highly should he be rated?

Barely HangingonEmu

This Pearson guy? Have seen him in a couple of matches but didn't really notice him then. So what are his best attributes? How highly should he be rated?
Pearson is pretty great, he's got great determination and is always closing down the player on the ball. Always looking for the ball and he ain't a bad passer either, can do the simple stuff well and I've seen him hit a few long balls too.

Danish Wizard

Not the best first half, but a very good second half today.
I thought we missed Pearson in midfield today, especially in the first half. He has been fantastic so far this season, and we missed his ability to keep and pass the ball, and his energy and aggression in the middle of the park today.

Nice to see Barmby back, he did very well today.
Grimshaw has done very well this season in the central defence, organizing his defence well. Rowley has improved a lot this season, will be interesting to see whether he keeps his place in the team when Nick Ioannou returns from injury soon..

My motm today was Donald Love. Great performance today, solid defensivly and very good when going forward.

Really likes to see this team play. Nice team-spirit and they play some good football. Hope they go far in the FA Youth Cup as well this season.. Exciting times, as always when following the United youth teams..

lysglimt

Scout

You can't really compare Eikrem and Daehli. Eikrem was a classy midfielder whose biggest strengths were his long-range passing and his shooting. His weakness when at United was that he tended to struggle if he wasn't given space.

Daehli is completely the opposite - he is best with the ball glued to his feet. And if he isn't given space, he creates it by dribbling a couple of players. However - his long-range passing and shooting is nowhere near Eikrems level.

dr.twinny

Crap! Missed this due to lectures. If someone can post some highlights later on, I'd be grateful.

Cold_Boy

You can't really compare Eikrem and Daehli. Eikrem was a classy midfielder whose biggest strengths were his long-range passing and his shooting. His weakness when at United was that he tended to struggle if he wasn't given space.

Daehli is completely the opposite - he is best with the ball glued to his feet. And if he isn't given space, he creates it by dribbling a couple of players. However - his long-range passing and shooting is nowhere near Eikrems level.
I didn't compare them for their style of play.

Was just saying in general considering the excitement for both of them when we signed.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Today was as enjoyable as it comes. So many stand out performers and so many developing in this group.

Gollini has come on leaps and bounds for me. Looks very confident and has a ton of ability.

Love was excellent and showed a shit ton of ability. Last few weeks I've been massively impressed with him both going forward amd at the back. Rowley had an excellent second half for me.

Pereira was superb. Superb on every level that second half. His ability on the ball, his technique and vision top notch and feck me he loves a tackle. 16? Jesus. Free kick was class and unlucky.

Gorre caused them all sorts of issues. Great stuff from him and a good finish. Impressed me last few weeks again.

Some have told me that dont think Jack Barmby is all that. Watched him a few years now and I think there is a class act in there. His passing ability is superb, he takes players on and you can't knock the fecker off the ball easy. I massively look forward to his development personally. The turn on the right hand side to beat two was pure class.

James Wilson. Two goals. Class. Very excited with regards to him. :drool: first displayed his pace and willingness to get in behind and finish. Second was technique and composure :) great, great, great turn and finish.