U19: Midtjylland vs United

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Who ever is watching could you feel we can score 2 GOALS in this match?
Most of the attacking play coming down our right with Chong and Laird. We're making dumb mistakes at the back (bad passing). Not really made any decent chances right now.

Laird wins a penalty.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Shouldn’t we be comfortably dominating Midtjylland with Laird, O’Connor, Garner, Gomes and Chong?
They've not lost since April. I don't know much about Midtjylland but any team who's reached this stage of the tournament has a lot of quality.
Chong really is an exciting player to watch.
Agreed, it's insane that so many have written him off already on the back of about 30 minutes first team football.

sp_107

Most of the attacking play coming down our right with Chong and Laird. We're making dumb mistakes at the back (bad passing). Not really made any decent chances right now.

Laird wins a penalty.
Cheers, with out Barlow and Greenwood I was not sure how we do but great to see boys are not too far off

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Agreed, it's insane that so many have written him off already on the back of about 30 minutes first team football.
As of right now, it's clear to me that him and Laird are a level above everyone else in the pitch frankly. A few glimpses of talent from some of the others, but it's mostly those two that look genuine threats.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Man United are in the town and their senior team are shite.
Huh? Their senior team won the league last season and are one point behind FC Copenhagen in first after 25 games. 18 points down to the third placed team as well.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
How about Gomes and Garner?
Hard to say really, its been a messy game in the middle. A fair bit of fouling by Midtjylland. Gomes passing the ball fairly nicely but he seems to be lacking the creative range in the final third, cool penalty though. Garner I haven't really noticed much.

AltiUn

Dirty team this Danish side.
I think that was their 9th foul and we've only played 30 minutes :lol: poor Burkart's been thrown around like a rag doll.

In Rainbows

As of right now, it's clear to me that him and Laird are a level above everyone else in the pitch frankly. A few glimpses of talent from some of the others, but it's mostly those two that look genuine threats.
I don't agree with Laird. Think Gomes has been better than Laird. Thus far it's been Gomes and Chong as the best, followed by Garner, O'Connor, and Laird.

In Rainbows

Hard to say really, its been a messy game in the middle. A fair bit of fouling by Midtjylland. Gomes passing the ball fairly nicely but he seems to be lacking the creative range in the final third, cool penalty though. Garner I haven't really noticed much.
That hasn't been Gomes job. Gomes isn't an attacker today or really hasn't been for the u19s.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I don't agree with Laird. Think Gomes has been better than Laird. Thus far it's been Gomes and Chong as the best, followed by Garner, O'Connor, and Laird.
Lairds been great, his overlapping runs have been a real danger. The LB has struggled to contain him on several occasions. I've barely noticed O'Connor, he's LB?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Chong and Laird looking good for us. The Midjytlland goal scorer also looks a very good player.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That hasn't been Gomes job. Gomes isn't an attacker today or really hasn't been for the u19s.
I understand that, i'm watching the game. But there have been a few occasions we've been near the edge of the box and he's had the ball and the move has broken down. He's looked solid in the middle of the pitch, just not very effective in the final third imo. I'd say it's been Chong, Laird and Gomes as the top 3.

AndersB

Bernard's timing/decision making when playing out to O'Connor is pretty bad. Puts him in awkward situations all the time.

In Rainbows

Traore has largely been invisible apart from like 1 great run. O'Connor doing really well.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Bernard's timing/decision making when playing out to O'Connor is pretty bad. Puts him in awkward situations all the time.
Aye, it looks a weakness. I don't watch youth games, first time i've seen him play and his passing isn't good. He looks a very imposing CB at this level (hes huge) but technically he looks a bit out of place.

Pretty even game really, Midtjylland hasn't provided much of a threat and they've fouled a lot. But we've struggled to create decent chances.

In Rainbows

He's almost playing a kind of Jorginho role, isn't he?
Yeah, a bit like Modric, Xavi role for us. Butt sees him in that mold.

I'm pretty happy with Gomes, Chong, Garner, Laird, O'Connor, Mellor, and Burkart. Others have been kind of meh. We should be up 1-0 if not for that Kovar goalkeeping. This isn't even our strongest team. Personally, if you put Williams at LB and take out Bernard for O'Connor, and then have Greenwood in the team? Think we would be dominating.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's almost playing a kind of Jorginho role, isn't he?
I'd prefer to call it the Carrick role, but yes. I think we seem him better using his agility/passing range from that position and controlling matches. He doesn't have the pace to be a top quality wide man.

AltiUn

Laird is so good at that move, almost a very good assist, we really missed him in those few months he was injured.

AltiUn

We're all over them this half. Laird, Gomes and Chong are tearing them to pieces, we'll score another here.

Laird gets booked, seems the referee wants to even things out after feeling guilty for booking a Midget Land player.

AltiUn

This Abubakar might well be the worst player I've ever seen at this level, he hasn't touched the ball except after fouling someone.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Our Goalkeeper kicked the ball to Gomes who got a slight push in the back. Gomes fell to the floor, play continued and someone passed the ball to Isaksen who finished it nicely. He's had two well taken goals this match.

AltiUn

That really could have all been avoided with a better clearance. A day to forget for Kovar, he's not had a good season to be honest. We've wasted opportunities again a lack composure in the final third.

lysglimt

Scout
This happens too many times….we can beat the best teams in Europe, and as soon as they are up against poor opposition....collapse