U21 Final: United vs. Spurs

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Great looking trophy.

Take a minute though to think about Fryers...

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Paddy can't even spare the Spurs team a compliment. So biased. :D

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
''You're never to young to party'' ;)

pauldyson1uk

what a second half, stunning comeback.
Januzaj was excellent I was very impressed with him.
The crowd was impressive and in fine voice.
My 2 lads loved their first match at OT, I will be watching more U21 games next season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just home with a pizza and kebab, perfect round off to the night.

Cracking atmosphere and a good turn out to be fair, shame about the absolute fecking tool sat behind me talking crap the whole match!

Januzaj looks fantastic, I look forward to seeing him breaking into the first team.

SirFergie

Just got back, cracking atmosphere in the 2nd half especially. Some tools from somewhere down south talking shite all match about how bad our team is compared to Spurs! Some great football 2nd half and we showed great spirit.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

Cracking atmosphere and a good turn out to be fair, shame about the absolute fecking tool sat behind me talking crap the whole match!

Januzaj looks fantastic, I look forward to seeing him breaking into the first team.
Yeah sorry about that.

Chabon

Was a great second half. Gotta love a player having an open goal and smashing it in off the underside of the bar.

SER19

you big, fat lump.

Brightonian

Loads of people were criticising Warren Joyce earlier in this season, but he has done an outstanding job.
Have to hold my hands up to this one. I genuinely believed him to be in the old-fashioned youth team manager mould - a 'get the big fast lads on son' type.

But it's now clear - as I'm sure it always was to less idiotic posters than me - that he's just been playing to the strengths of the players available to him. With the likes of Bebe and Macheda shipped out finally, and this generation of talented U18s starting to come through, he'd got us playing some lovely football.

Was a great second half. Gotta love a player having an open goal and smashing it in off the underside of the bar.
He pushed it a bit, true, but if he'd put it much lower the man on the line could have cleared. Into the roof of the net is the finish that truly accomplished strikers like RVP produce in those situations - see his third against Villa for reference.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Barclays U-21 Premier League Final
20 May 2013, Old Trafford

MANCHESTER UNITED 3
(Vermijl 60, Cole 74,88)

TOTTENHAM 2
(Obika 29, Pritchard 42)

U21s: United 3 Tottenham 2

Manchester United are the winners of the inaugural Barclays Under-21 Premier League after a pulsating final at Old Trafford ended in a 3-2 victory over Tottenham.

Spurs led 2-0 at the break through Jonathan Obika and Alex Pritchard and looked well on course to lift the trophy but an incredible second-half comeback with a goal from Marnick Vermijl and a brace by Larnell Cole means yet more silverware for Warren Joyce's side.

Adnan Januzaj was pitched into a lone attacking role with Ben Pearson drafted into the side for Tom Lawrence in the only change to the team that sank Liverpool at the semi-final stage. The Belgian teenager, on the bench for the 5-5 draw with West Brom on Sunday, made an instant impression but the visitors soon started to dictate the play.

Obika, who scored a hat-trick against the Reds earlier in the campaign, grazed the bar following a dangerous cross by Harry Kane while Cole was unable to hit the target at the other end after a sharp turn. Cristian Ceballos cut inside to bend a drive just wide and, after Jesse Lingard shot tamely at Jordan Archer after displaying neat footwork, Kane hit a post with a ferocious attempt.

Kane drilled wide soon afterwards and it was no great surprise when Obika opened the scoring on 29 minutes. The muscular striker made an aggressive challenge on Ben Amos that prompted a complaint from the keeper but the goal stood as Pritchard nodded into Obika's path and he touched in.

United tried to respond but skipper Tom Thorpe was unable to convert a Januzaj free-kick on the stretch and a sucker punch three minutes before the interval left Joyce's side with a mountain to climb. Ryan Tunnicliffe's careless pass was intercepted by Obika and the ball was worked to Pritchard, who buried a low drive into the bottom corner of Amos' net.

It was going to take a Herculean effort from United but Joyce replaced Pearson with Lawrence in an attacking move and the substitute was involved when a Januzaj free-kick eventually fell to Lingard, whose shot was saved by Archer. Vermijl had overhit a cross from the right flank seconds earlier when he received an astute pass by Tunnicliffe and, this time, he despatched a firm finish past Archer to pull a goal back.

Although Kenneth McEvoy had a cross tipped over by Amos, the momentum was with the home side and Cole was booked for diving when it looked like Archer had tripped him to concede a penalty. Joyce and his assistant Nicky Butt were furious on the touchline but Cole responded to the perceived injustice by scoring the equaliser.

A lightning raid featuring Lingard and Januzaj allowed the top scorer to ram home off the bar in clinical fashion to the delight of the majority of the crowd. Spurs recovered and McEvoy flashed a volley into the side-netting but the sting in the tail was to be supplied by Cole.

Januzaj was heavily involved in the build up before Lawrence fed Cole inside the box and the clever midfielder rasped a tremendous finish beyond Archer for his second of the game to complete a marvellous comeback. United saw out four minutes of injury time as this was another night to remember for the youngsters with Sir Bobby presenting them with the trophy.

United: Amos; Vermijl, Thorpe, M.Keane, James; Cole, Ekangamene, Pearson (Lawrence 56), Tunnicliffe, Lingard; Januzaj. Subs not used: Sutherland, Wilson, A.Pereira, Grimshaw.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...nal-report-manchester-united-v-tottenham.aspx

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
There was a torrent for the Semi-Final, so surely there will be one for this, hopefully it will be up tomorrow. If so I'll be happy to provide links to people. So we can all report the link to our local constabulary, of course.

NM

Highlights are up on the man united site.. Need to log in though. That was annoying until i found a way around it!

Platato

Psst!
There was a torrent for the Semi-Final, so surely there will be one for this, hopefully it will be up tomorrow. If so I'll be happy to provide links to people. So we can all report the link to our local constabulary, of course.
Where is the semi-final torrent? Can you send it to me?