U21s: Liverpool vs. United

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
He has a very unique passing and running style which is not suited to many clubs...
Very true, I think he will (could) suit us very well if he gets more chances. I'd like to see him get some chances as well as Januzaj alongside first teamers at the end of the season IF we have the title wrapped up.

Basically Januzaj and Lingard are my 2 favourite attacking youth prospects (Powell aside) who I think are next in line for a crack at the first team.

Drainy

Looks burnt out, in fairness to him. Didn't look to have that extra yard of pace that he relies on to beat players.

I'm sure he'll come back stronger next season, but Rodgers seems to have overused him so far this one.

Will Absolute

We won? Hooray! Oh Fornasier, i take back all the bad things i said! Well, all i said was that Thorpe should be ahead of him at cb, not so bad really.

On a side note, does Fornasier mean "one who fornicates"?
Fornasier means 'one who forns'. Forn is a kind of fancy embroidery and lacework.
In the States, forn means anyone born outside the States.

Bill: Is that guy an American?

Jeff: No, he's forn.
One who fornicates would probably be better :)
Judging from the apathetic reaction of the Cafe, I believe my definition of 'forn' is headed for the next edition of the OED. :cool:

My next word will be 'tirt'. I haven't decided what it means yet.

jb8521

:lol:

The one thing that doesnt get a mention there is Sterling. No sure what everyone else thought....? I reckon he was piss poor last night.
Thought veseli did a very good job of nullifying him. Got in close at the right times and dropped off at the right times to stop him using his pace against him but yeah he was poor aswell

Moz

Why would anyone cause trouble at an U21 game? Unbelievable and fine example to the young players.
I wouldn't exactly say there was trouble but rather that the United fans created an atmosphere.

Certainly, there were no racist chants as has been alleged on twitter. The worst chant you heard from our end last night was 'you scouse bastards' and although arguably distasteful , I'm not sure if it would be considered offensive. United fans chanted anti-Suarez chants and gave Sterling some stick but again nothing that should make headlines of the FA investigate.

From where I was sitting, the fan invading the pitch was celebrating and didn't appear to be directing abuse at anyone but of course I couldn't say for certain. As for the flares, perhaps throwing it on to the pitch was uncalled for but it wasn't thrown on near to anyone in particular and this took place during a break in play. It was eventually kicked away by one of our players (can't remember who).

The players aren't exactly young lads either. Why is it in football that a 20 year old can be discussed as though he's a impressionable young boy? Ridiculous. The little atmosphere that was created last night was good to see and was probably as good an experience for the players as it was for the fans.

Moz

Thought veseli did a very good job of nullifying him. Got in close at the right times and dropped off at the right times to stop him using his pace against him but yeah he was poor aswell
Yeah, Sterling wasn't much use for Liverpool and much of this was owed to our defenders and the cohesion of the team as a whole.