U21s: Liverpool vs. United

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
are no. 10s not strikers?
Well, plenty of out-and-out strikers have worn the #10 shirt, but these days it's a term used to describe someone playing off an out-and-out striker. They're not strikers in my book, even though second striker is a popular synonym. End of the day, these are all just constructed, artificial and ever-evolving terms. My point is; while you're right about the fact that Lawrence has had good games for the u21s in something resembling a proper striker role, it's not his natural game. We lack a focal point and presence in the box with him as our most advanced forward.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Well, plenty of out-and-out strikers have worn the #10 shirt, but these days it's a term used to describe someone playing off an out-and-out striker. They're not strikers in my book, even though second striker is a popula
r synonym. End of the day, these are all just constructed, artificial and ever-evolving terms. My point is; while you're right about the fact that Lawrence has had good games for the u21s in something resembling a proper striker role, it's not his natural game. We lack a focal point and presence in the box with him as our most advanced forward.
When is it he played as a support srtiker that you're referring to?

I'll accept its a point of semantics whether you call the guy behind the guy leading the line a midfielder or striker. but the use of the terms 9 and 10 refer to a 442 i thought, so i think ofa 10 as a striker, typically the Owen to a Heskey.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
When is it he played as a support srtiker that you're referring to?

I'll accept its a point of semantics whether you call the guy behind the guy leading the line a midfielder or striker. but the use of the terms 9 and 10 refer to a 442 i thought, so i think ofa 10 as a striker, typically the Owen to a Heskey.
He broke into the u18s in that position and I think it suits his game better than wider positions. Not much in it though, but he has a tendency to get drawn into classic #10 (we'll just have to agree to disagree on what that term means) territory no matter where he's deployed. In fact, that's part of his problem when he's meant to lead the line like yesterday or against Norwich.