U21s : Manchester United vs Liverpool

stubie

Do we have a share in the Leigh Sports Village as most of our u21 games are now based there?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I swear, I'm getting sick of seeing Vermijl play for the U-21's. He should have left us last summer. I just hope some club buy him off of us. I hate seeing him take up a left back spot at the moment.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I swear, I'm getting sick of seeing Vermijl play for the U-21's. He should have left us last summer. I just hope some club buy him off of us. I hate seeing him take up a left back spot at the moment.
Really? I've always found it more surprising he was never given a run out with the senior team. He's almost always one of our most consistent performers at U21 level.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Really? I've always found it more surprising he was never given a run out with the senior team. He's almost always one of our most consistent performers at U21 level.
He used to be, and I wished him to get first-team football back then, but now, it's obvious that he doesn't want to play for us anymore. After the MK Dons performance, it's clear his mind isn't at playing for this club anymore, and I wish for him to leave and move on in his career rather than continue to play for our U-21 at his age.

Beachryan

He used to be, and I wished him to get first-team football back then, but now, it's obvious that he doesn't want to play for us anymore. After the MK Dons performance, it's clear his mind isn't at playing for this club anymore, and I wish for him to leave and move on in his career rather than continue to play for our U-21 at his age.
Ah fair enough, I was mainly thinking back before his loan - so similar to you. Havne't seen him much this year.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's interesting to see how we seamlessly switched from a back 4 to a back 3. However, there's quite a big gap between Pereira + Anderson and the front 3.

Beachryan

How is Anderson looking? Pro footballer or pro mascot size?

LR7

Was just about to moan about no Pearson then I remembered he's on loan. :)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Interesting to see Pereira play so deep today. He's shown good defensive discipline so far but hasn't really done much dictating from midfield.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Again, Vermijl being quite sloppy with his passing...he's really starting to get at my nerves...

You can tell that the first-team football experience for Blackett and McNair has made them better and more composed, defensively. Thorpe looks very relaxed at the back as well, just too good for the U-21.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Has Blackett ever played a match in which he hasn't made a dangerous mistake? Been watching him for over 4 years now and I'm yet to see one.

ghagua

I know the game is against Liverpool, but is it too much to ask the players to put at least 2 passes together?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What a pass from Anderson :eek: Should we give him a new contract? :lol:

mu77

anderson needs bigger hair makes him look slimmer

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I've always said that is where he is at his best.
He does look quite comfortable there, but he still cannot impose himself. He needs to get himself into more positions to receive the ball and play with a bit more freedom. I think Liverpool's initial counters have made him uncomfortable and forcing him to play within his shell.

Keeping it like the first team then?
Well, they did start off well, playing quickly, but as Liverpool settled in their shape, we started to play more slowly and longer passes. Oh well, Liverpool have been poor so far, so it's not like we're being punished for it.