U21s: Newcastle vs. United

Brightonian

Januzaj starting to show now. Lawrence probably should have started, he's getting the better players going now.

Bebe has been indescribably shit. The difference between him and Keane is probably about 3 goals.

Drainy

The under 21s has to be a weird time for a young footballer. At u18s level you know you will have at least one season there, probably 2 to give you a good foundation in football and then you will naturally progress to the u21s if you achieve the required standards- but at u21s level the aim is to be there for as short a time as possible.

Once you get to the u21s the key for most players is to get a loan (or at a stretch promotion to the first team) as quickly as possible. I think that could lead to players looking out for themselves more than working for the team to play well, or possible stagnation/loss of motivation if the progression doesn't come quickly enough.

Forevergiggs

Don't think that Macheda would be here beyond January. I hope we find a buyer and offload Bebe too. There is no point keeping him, he is freaking useless. There is no point keeping either of them. Waste of time for us and for them.

The one I am concerned about is Cole. IMO he has taken a step back this season and doesn't look like the player he was before then. May be it's losing too many of his buddies but he has looked like a passenger in most games this season.

Brightonian

Worst thing about Bebe is that he's lazy as well as shit. He couldn't be giving any less of a feck at the moment, so we've never got anyone in the box.

Forevergiggs

I kept my hopes for some kind of Cinderella story with Bebe but I doubt if he can even be a footballer in the lower divisions. There isn't one thing about his game that shouts a professional footballer.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Worst thing about Bebe is that he's lazy as well as shit. He couldn't be giving any less of a feck at the moment, so we've never got anyone in the box.
Which is ironic 'cause before he came to United he pretty much lived in the box.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Now that Bebe got subbed there are none bar Cole on the pitch that I'm actually excited to watch. Oh, how much difference a year has made to our reserves :(

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Good win that. Thorpe MoM.

Now that Bebe got subbed there are none bar Cole on the pitch that I'm actually excited to watch. Oh, how much difference a year has made to our reserves :(
Really? I don't agree. Tom Lawrence and Charni are exciting prospects.

Lawrence in particular was very good when he came on.

Brightonian

Good win that. Thorpe MoM.

Really? I don't agree. Tom Lawrence and Charni are exciting prospects.

Lawrence in particular was very good when he came on.
Yep, I'd much rather see him than Macheda or Bebe. Made a big difference today. Shame Januzaj got taken, off, Lawrence's arrival was starting to bring the best out of him.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Lawrence has gone under the radar a bit. Played with Ravel, Pogba etc when he was 16 and impressed. Last year in the 18s was supposed to be a big year for him but he missed 7 out of the 9 months with injury. Despite that he finished as top-goalscorer even though he plays AM and scored some magnificent goals as well. He is technically fantastic and is also a very intelligent player. Can see him being an important part of the team over the next couple of seasons and definitely one to keep an eye on.

He also once scored a brilliant Bergkamp-eque goal against the dippers;

http://youtu.be/-Jd12ndtJRw

And this from last season;

http://youtu.be/6CkaLv8wNdo

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Thanks to the two of you who posted who had the assists! I'll update the stats.page soon.

FYI the league table and the link to the official table are in the stats page too.