U21s Semi Final: United vs. Liverpool

Brightonian

It wasn't for me.
Me neither. But they'd already escaped a host of yellows, including a deserved double yellow. And after that point, the ref seemed determined to spend the rest of the game making up for it by giving them every decision. So it more than evened out.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That Coady should've been sent off much earlier though. Thug.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Me neither. But they'd already escaped a host of yellows, including a deserved double yellow. And after that point, the ref seemed determined to spend the rest of the game making up for it by giving them every decision. So it more than evened out.
Aye, definately.

Spot on KM..Coady should have been sent off at least twice.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
That Coady should've been sent off much earlier though. Thug.
Coady needs to calm down.
Some of the local lads in the team were a bit too fired up, maybe some of the chants affected them.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Wasn't impressed at all with the Liverpool side, a class below in every sense.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Talent wise and how they conduct themselves.
Okay, I agree to a degree, to be honest they have performed a lot better and United fully deserved to win.
But some of them are young kids. I think the occasion got to a few of them, also to be fair and bearing in mind it was an U21 game - they were probably affected by some of the chants. Good conduct by the home support?

Fergus' son

Okay, I agree to a degree, to be honest they have performed a lot better and United fully deserved to win.
But some of them are young kids. I think the occasion got to a few of them, also to be fair and bearing in mind it was an U21 game - they were probably affected by some of the chants. Good conduct by the home support?
Yeah, that's fair enough.

I wasn't at the game, watched it on tv and didn't really notice the crowds behaviour much. What happened?

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, that's fair enough.

I wasn't at the game, watched it on tv and didn't really notice the crowds behaviour much. What happened?
Like I say United deserved to win.

I think some of our boys lost their heads a little, maybe didn't handle playing at Old Trafford that well.

I didn't see all the game - I posted at the time I thought some of the decisions were a shade harsh, both penalties for me were soft. However, the lads didn't show what they could do and lost the plot a little.

I personally think for a game like that "Murderers" and "Scouse b&stards" is a little out of order, maybe the young players were a bit put off by that I don't know. Just at an U21 game, find that a bit off. Give the young kids a chance.
Just saying like...and the best team won.

Fergus' son

I think some of our boys lost their heads a little, maybe didn't handle playing at Old Trafford that well.

I didn't see all the game - I posted at the time I thought some of the decisions were a little harsh, both penalties for me were soft. However, the lads didn't show what they could do and lost the plot a little.

I personally think for a game like that "Murderers" and "Scouse b&stards" is a little out of order, maybe the young players were a bit put off by that I don't know.
Referee was all over the place, it has to be said, but I also think the best team won.

Shame about those chants, you'de hope for better really. Think your players will need to develop a thicker skin if they were put off by it though.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Referee was all over the place, it has to be said, but I also think the best team won.

Shame about those chants, you'de hope for better really. Think your players will need to develop a thicker skin if they were put off by it though.
Best team won, for sure.
Yes maybe they need to develop a thicker skin, but I just think no need for it at that sort of game. I know the likes of Sir Bobby and Alex were there - sure they wouldn't want to hear that sort of thing.

Brightonian

Watched the whole game online and couldn't make out any 'murderers' chants. Did hear a snatch or two of 'you scouse bastards'.

Are you sure the former was actually happening? My stream was a bit dodgy so I could have missed it.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Affected by the chants :lol: If they cant handle a few YSBs in a 95 percent empty OT then how can you ever expect them to cope under pressure in a professional environment?

I've seen our lads get a lot worse in the past, even with 15/16/17 year old academy lads, yet they were still able to conduct themselves positively.

The game was barely 5 mins in and not a chant had been sung yet some of the LFC lads were already showing a lack of discipline. To be honest it seems to be something Liverpool suffer with at all levels recently. Maybe its down to a lack of proper leadership from the coaching staff.

As for the Liverpool players I thought Jones at the back was impressive and Texeira looked a level or two above his team mates technically.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Watched the whole game online and couldn't make out any 'murderers' chants. Did hear a snatch or two of 'you scouse bastards'.

Are you sure the former was actually happening? My stream was a bit dodgy so I could have missed it.
Yes. Heard it on LFC TV in the first half.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Affected by the chants :lol: If they cant handle a few YSBs in a 95 percent empty OT then how can you ever expect them to cope under pressure in a professional environment?

I've seen our lads get a lot worse in the past, even with 15/16/17 year old academy lads, yet they were still able to conduct themselves positively.

The game was barely 5 mins in and not a chant had been sung yet some of the LFC lads were already showing a lack of discipline. To be honest it seems to be something Liverpool suffer with at all levels recently. Maybe its down to a lack of proper leadership from the coaching staff.

As for the Liverpool players I thought Jones at the back was impressive and Texeira looked a level or two above his team mates technically.
I thought the game prior to the penalty was evenly matched, I don't recall any lack of discipline until the goal.
And yes I agree that's a failing on the players part.

I was trying to account for that , that's all, I haven't really seen them lose that in any of the games I have watched this season, so for some of them it was out of character.

Jones is a talent and Texeira is gifted but wasteful too often with the ball.

Overall that wasn't a good example of the players' ability - as a group they are better than they showed last night.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm not sure the players mentality is right, if they're letting the player chants get to them. I'm not condoning the chants but it's bit of a cop out IMO.

Drainy

anyone remember that FA Youth cup game at the Emirates where Arsenal fans where throwing coins at our u18s when taking throw ins?

If those Liverpool lads can't handle a few swear words you are wasting your time with them.

Verminator

I didn't see all the game - I posted at the time I thought some of the decisions were a shade harsh, both penalties for me were soft. However, the lads didn't show what they could do and lost the plot a little.

I personally think for a game like that "Murderers" and "Scouse b&stards" is a little out of order, maybe the young players were a bit put off by that I don't know. Just at an U21 game, find that a bit off. Give the young kids a chance.
I watched this and never heard any of that.
Can you prove it?

We have been victim of slurs before.