U21s Semi Final: United vs. Liverpool

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
VS

Barclays Under 21 Premier League Semi Final
Kick off: Tuesday, 14 May, 7:00 PM BST
Location: Old Trafford Stadium, Trafford, Greater Manchester (75,765)

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Let's pluck those birds!

Amos
Vermijl Thorpe Fornasier Buttner
Ekangamene Tunnicliffe
Cole Lingard Januzaj
Lawrence​

Let's use a striker!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Although Januzaj didn't have the best of games yesterday, I think he was better when he was played deeper in the second half. We'll struggle again if he's played up front because a) He's our best player creatively and get's things going, and b) when he's up front he doesn't work the CB's at all in behind.

I'd even consider playing Lawrence or someone to keep stretching them by running in behing the defence.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
It looks like it is Everton's U21s and Newcastle's U21s that have won groups 1 and 2 respectively and will play each other for the right to face the Elite Group winner Tottenham in the other Semi Finals.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Of course we also have the opportunity to play 3 over aged players. I hope someone will be keeping an eye on the Liverpool team bus to see if Suarez, Gerrard and Reina get on, so we can bring Persie, Rooney and De Gea along.

But really I'd rather both teams stick to their U21 squad.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Should be a great crowd today. Even more so when Fergie made it a point to mention it in his speech yesterday. Would be a great lift for the youngsters.

LR7

Of course we also have the opportunity to play 3 over aged players. I hope someone will be keeping an eye on the Liverpool team bus to see if Suarez, Gerrard and Reina get on, so we can bring Persie, Rooney and De Gea along.

But really I'd rather both teams stick to their U21 squad.
Cant see any of our hungover, beer-soaked lads playing today somehow!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It looks like it is Everton's U21s and Newcastle's U21s that have won groups 1 and 2 respectively and will play each other for the right to face the Elite Group winner Tottenham in the other Semi Finals.
We were unlucky to lose against Spurs. Had two great chances in the second half but missed them and cruelly lost to a late goal.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Man, where is Nick Powell? Is he taking a break from football or something? Not in the reserves, not in the U21s, not in the first team.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Man, where is Nick Powell? Is he taking a break from football or something? Not in the reserves, not in the U21s, not in the first team.
Going by his last picture on Twitter he may have had an operation, seems to be in hospital.

jb8521

Amos, Vermijl, Thorpe, M Keane, James, Charni, Tunnicliffe, Cole, Januzaj, Lawrence, Lingard
Subs A Pereira, Sutherland, Pearson, Wilson, Grimshaw

Good to see Andreas Pereira making the bench

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Ah, balls anyway. In all the singing and dancing about winning the league, Fergie retiring, Rooney's carry-on and then the parade yesterday, I completely forgot about this. Been waiting for a chance to catch the kids at Old Trafford since Burnley knocked the Youths out of the Cup a few months back.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Michael Keane back in to sure things up at the back.

Great news about Pereira. The kid is a huge talent. He's still a first year for the Academy yet seems to have been picked for the u21 bench ahead of Daehli and Barmby, which just shows how highly rated he must be.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
2-0. A second penalty well taken by Cole.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Januzaj looks very talented, tricky little player.

Two excellent penos by Cole, too, especially the second.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Their lad Jordan Ibe is very highly rated isn't he?

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
First penalty highly debatable, not sure on second one either. Ref looks totally unfit, would like to see Coady's tackle again, might have been lucky to get away with that.

United passing the ball around a lot better.