U21s Semi Final: United vs. Liverpool

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
First penalty wasn't debatable at all, clear peno. Second less clear cut but he did bundle into the back of him and didn't touch the ball. Can see why it was given.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
First penalty wasn't debatable at all, clear peno. Second less clear cut but he did bundle into the back of him and didn't touch the ball. Can see why it was given.
He barely touched him.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Connor Coady to kick out at somebody in the 85th minute.

x42bn6

Went over to RAWK to see if they're complaining about the referee being too harsh on Liverpool's two-footed tackles...

Has anyone noticed that in all of our games against them, despite the protests "But their side is just big and strong, and ours is technically superior", that Januzaj has been amongst the best 2 or 3 players on the pitch in each game?
Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance

LR7

First penalty highly debatable, not sure on second one either. Ref looks totally unfit, would like to see Coady's tackle again, might have been lucky to get away with that.

United passing the ball around a lot better.
Reminds me of this old gem:

"I was disappointed with the referee, I must say, he just wasn't fit enough for a game of that stature. The fitness of both [sets of] players, the pace of the game, demanded a referee who was fit. He's not fit. I don't think he's fit.

It's an indictment of our game that we see referees from abroad are fit as butcher's dogs. We've got some good referees in our country who are fit. But he wasn't fit. He didn't add any time on for the goal we scored [in stoppage time]. He played four minutes and two seconds' injury time. There should have been another 30 seconds. But he was actually walking up the pitch after the [final] goal, needing a rest.

He was taking 30 seconds to book a player, he was taking a rest. I think he's taking a rest, writing down the names on his card and taking 30 seconds for a booking; it's ridiculous."
(I get the feeling I'm going to start finding little SAF anecdotes for everything now :nervous: )

On topic I think they were both penalties tbh.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What's the turnout like for this? Good crowd?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Looks decent. Some good singing going on as well.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Who's wearing number 9? great play

twitter thread suggester
:lol: Paddy handing MOTM awards out based on smiles these days.

Dion

Deserved it as well, it's a bloody reserve match and he's behaving like a complete tit.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Take Adnan off. Don't want him getting sent off and missing the final.