g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

U21s: United v Palace

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mee looks like an absolute clown any time the ball is in the air. I know it's the kids, but a hungover sunday league keeper would have dealt with that better.

cj_sparky

Street deserves an Oscar...or the horror film equivalent for that scream

lysglimt

Scout
We have had some shockers defensively at this level - but this probably takes it to a new level.

V.O.

I was tabbed out of the game for a sec, but was that Hansen having a strop and marching down the tunnel?

Little prick has probably been the worst outfield player.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'm watching this for 15 mins now and United haven't had the ball for more than 10 seconds.

Long Time Red

I know we have some players out on loan now and some are with the first team but our U23/21s have been poor for a while now.

City have loads of players out on loan but don't get beat 4-1 by Palace and still piss the league most years.

avgp_1

Should have conceded about 5 just in the second half. Shocking performance

cj_sparky

No.10 Phillips looked decent against us in the preseason friendly, he is an absolute giant.

Palace have a fair few Irishmen

V.O.

Well, that was... consistent.

Long Time Red

Think I might stick to watching the U18s this season, the U21s look miles off the level required.

Sea-Cow

Too early to worry about getting relegated again?

And god I hope I'm not saying the same thing tomorrow.... Just kidding.... kinda

Mickson

I know we have some players out on loan now and some are with the first team but our U23/21s have been poor for a while now.

City have loads of players out on loan but don't get beat 4-1 by Palace and still piss the league most years.
We have ONE (1) player on loan mate.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We started the game well and then gave a poor goal away. But in the first half we looked the better football team imo but unfortunately we kept giving cheap goals away and that didn't help our momentum.

I think the errors in the back line ultimately cost us, and those will hopefully be worked on and we'll see a stronger foundation at the back, which will hopefully provide the platform for the more creative players to excell and impose their game for a sustained period of time in forthcoming games.

Kobbie Mainoo played well and I think there's much more to come from him and the rest of the lads.

Last edited:

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Hugill, Mastny, Vitek, Bernard, Mengi, Kambwala, (all injured) plus Iqbal, Mejbri, Kovar, Diallo, Garnacho, Laird, Galbraith, Collyer all unavailable for some reason.

That's 14 players. It was a young team out last night but regardless, we just didn't play very well and one or two had an off night.

When that happens you are going to be punished. The lads will have to learn pretty quickly to be more physical, even in possession, but that's what development is all about.

We have to be careful in judging players when we have only seen them a handful of times, particularly when they are stepping up to the next level.

Last edited:

Mickson

Hugill, Mastny, Vitek, Bernard, Mengi, Kambwala, (all injured) plus Iqbal, Mejbri, Kovar, Diallo, Garnacho, Laird, Galbraith, Collyer all unavailable for some reason.

That's 14 players. It was a young team out last night but regardless, we just didn't play very well and one or two had an off night.

When that happens you are going to be punished. The lads will have to learn pretty quickly to be more physical, even in possession, but that's what development is all abouit.

We have to be careful in judging players when we have only seen them a handful of times, particularly when they are stepping up to the next level.
They've had many off nights in the last two seasons then. It doesn't have to be gloom or doom. Plenty of these players are not good enough, and that's fine because not everyone will make it. However, some of the tactics need asking. I don't think it's healthy losing heavily at U21 level because it's a poor level of football.

Marwood

No Iqbal, Amad, or Mejbri.

Yet none of them in the squad for Brentford game.

I don't get it.

Bigsid

I don't get it.
Mejbri going out on loan according to reports. Approaching 20 and unless he flies from here hes been a poor investment given what we paid. Massive gap from academy to first team as can be seen in results over the last year. Recruitment poor and few players gonna come out of system to improve our first team. As others have remarked on here the reliance on pure physicality in some groups appears short sighted in the long term.

Mickson

Mejbri going out on loan according to reports. Approaching 20 and unless he flies from here hes been a poor investment given what we paid. Massive gap from academy to first team as can be seen in results over the last year. Recruitment poor and few players gonna come out of system to improve our first team. As others have remarked on here the reliance on pure physicality in some groups appears short sighted in the long term.
That's what they said about Shoretire as well. Two months ago. Still here.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I don't get it.
You can only name 9 subs, someone goes down before the game you need other players to come in. It's hardly a big deal missing 1 under 23's game

Marwood

You can only name 9 subs, someone goes down before the game you need other players to come in. It's hardly a big deal missing 1 under 23's game
Missing one game is no problem if you're already consistently playing.

But these young lads are going long stretches without games. They're not getting enough football. I think its the main contributor to struggling to break through.

So why unnecessarily cut another possible 90mins out. Makes no sense. Get them on the pitch.

And on top of that, they're footballers. There's a game they can play in. They get paid to play. So how about just playing for that reason alone.