U23s - Manchester United vs West Ham

lysglimt

Scout
Interesting game - the only 2 teams with 3 straight wins in this league.

West Ham have impressed by beating Reading 3-0, Newcastle (a) 2-1, and Fulham 3-0
They have 3 players with 2 goals each - Alfie Lewis, Dan Kemp and Joe Powell

But while United are likely to field a side With 18 year olds - West Ham have a much older side.

Against Reading they used the following players:

Anang (19) - Alese (18), Johnson (19), Cardoso (18), Hannam (19 in 2 weeks) - Holland (21), Powell (20), Kemp (20), Lewis (20 next month), Coventry (19)- Afolayan

Afolayan has since gone on loan

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
U23 line up v West Ham at Old Trafford. Woolston. O'Connor. Ercolani. Mengi. Williams. Galbraith. Levitt. Ramazani. Gomes. Traore. Elanga.
Subs. Devine. Fojticek. McGhee. Hoogewerf. McCann

prateik

No Gomes for Southampton then. Ffs.
Not off to an ideal start.. Did you really think we would pick this time to play Gomes ?
Why?

James looks good coming from the left.. Lingard or Mata or Andreas on the right.
3 man midfield.
That has to be the XI ..

Look at the League cup and Europa League.. If Gomes doesnt get games in those, I would be worried.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’m just glad Gomes gets to play tbh, been a waste him missing the other matches and not getting first team minutes.

Seems an exciting team!

lysglimt

Scout
Quite a few of these guys will play Rochdale and get some time in the Europa League. Do well, and they could be fighting for a first-team spot

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Wow that he is already on the bench for the U23's :)

So Bughail-Mellor probably injured.

Or that...well that would be awesome for him.
I like the lad, he's never going to be a prolific scorer but he can play anywhere along the front-line and he works his tripe off, he must be a bloody pain to play against as you never get a moments rest. Martial are you listening.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Very exciting if Garner gets some minutes tomorrow. Would be great to see him next to Scott and Pogba in midfield.
It would likely mean Matic playing with Pogba and McTominay with Garner on the bench in case we need him.

Either way we're pretty much guaranteed to see a few of the kids tomorrow

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Absolutely electric passage of play there, Elanga how did he miss!

lysglimt

Scout
You don't want to lose the ball 5 yards in front of you when Williams is close :)

lysglimt

Scout
This team is simply too good for this level. Great goal by Gomes. Assist from Ramazani - takes it past a few players and hammers it into the top corner

Drz

Lovely football by Gomes. And a deserved goal.
My first time watching the u23s, the left back out there doing well too (#3 I think).