UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I hope it doesn't turn into that, because UAP are real. There's no disbelieving.

Although there is absolutely a conversation to be had on whether they are some kind of attempt by the US military to seize more funding etc.
so i guess we should have this thread locked as there is no disbelieving?... and start a US military fnding thread - though probably the US politcs thread will suffice?

altodevil

so i guess we should have this thread locked as there is no disbelieving?... and start a US military fnding thread - though probably the US politcs thread will suffice?
Sorry what

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Sorry what
you said there is no disbelieving - so whats the point of this thread?
If its to discuss US military funding - which you suggested it is then perhaps the US politics thread is more appropriate (just like the UFO thread might have been more appropriate for this - though I guess not as people can have different opinions there and apparently this isnt up for debate as there is no disbelieving and these things are real etc )

altodevil

you said there is no disbelieving - so whats the point of this thread?
If its to discuss US military funding - which you suggested it is then perhaps the US politics thread is more appropriate (just like the UFO thread might have been more appropriate for this - though I guess not as people can have different opinions there and apparently this isnt up for debate as there is no disbelieving and these things are real etc )
To discuss the potential origins, nature, and effects that UAP may have going forward? I merely suggested one possible explanation.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Probably a super advanced sea based civilisation that evolved millions of years before us. Maybe they watch us but aren't interested in making contact because we're too aggressive and primitive... Possible they're down there somewhere but don't want us to find them. Or maybe even left the planet and went elsewhere.

Cetaceans started evolving about 50 million years ago, that is a long time to develop far beyond what we have in the last 250k years or so. We know something has probably messed around with the DNA of sperm whales 30k years ago, they all share a common eve ancestor from that time from genetic studies of them. That would seem to be impossible to have happened naturally. Sperm whales (and Orcas, possibly other cetaceans too) almost certainly have a language of some kind that people are trying to figure out.

As ridiculous as it sounds, that is the most logical explanation as I see it. Or it could be a civilisation from elsewhere that has a multi million year evolutionary advantage on us. Solution to the fermi paradox. It's not something to worry about, if a civilisation that is 50m+ years old wanted to wipe us out they likely would have already and we wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.

diarm

When I fly on Emirates, I can watch feed from outside the plane in pretty close to HD.

Yet, that top video would have us believe that the US military in 2019 were still filming video with a potato?

altodevil

When I fly on Emirates, I can watch feed from outside the plane in pretty close to HD.

Yet, that top video would have us believe that the US military in 2019 were still filming video with a potato?
The speed of these objects, and the distance they are away, seems to be the reason. Also a lot of these jets just don't carry high-quality photography equipment. It's all targeted heat sensors etc. They don't lend themselves to HD videos.

diarm

The speed of these objects, and the distance they are away, seems to be the reason. Also a lot of these jets just don't carry high-quality photography equipment. It's all targeted heat sensors etc. They don't lend themselves to HD videos.
Fair enough I guess.

Perhaps the Aliens deliberately show themselves in front of the planes with crap camera equipment just to mess with us.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
These could be US Government projects that other parts of the military don't know about. Alternatively, they could be Chinese or (less likely) Russian.

As for whether they are actual aliens - I would say no. There are just too many sensors and recording devices around the planet to not see stuff like this.

altodevil

Fair enough I guess.

Perhaps the Aliens deliberately show themselves in front of the planes with crap camera equipment just to mess with us.
Supposedly there is previous, the US military has tested advanced technology on other unaware departments. However the speeds and rotations of these objects are revolutionary from a scientific perspective.

The other things is that the ones leaked and disclosed so far are all over water. Maybe it is Whales as a previous poster has suggested.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Probably a super advanced sea based civilisation that evolved millions of years before us. Maybe they watch us but aren't interested in making contact because we're too aggressive and primitive... Possible they're down there somewhere but don't want us to find them. Or maybe even left the planet and went elsewhere.

Cetaceans started evolving about 50 million years ago, that is a long time to develop far beyond what we have in the last 250k years or so. We know something has probably messed around with the DNA of sperm whales 30k years ago, they all share a common eve ancestor from that time from genetic studies of them. That would seem to be impossible to have happened naturally. Sperm whales (and Orcas, possibly other cetaceans too) almost certainly have a language of some kind that people are trying to figure out.

As ridiculous as it sounds, that is the most logical explanation as I see it. Or it could be a civilisation from elsewhere that has a multi million year evolutionary advantage on us. Solution to the fermi paradox. It's not something to worry about, if a civilisation that is 50m+ years old wanted to wipe us out they likely would have already and we wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.
Considering the amount of shit we tip into the ocean, these underwater folks would surely have emerged and given us a stern telling off by now.

Otherwise, perfectly plausible theory.

altodevil

These could be US Government projects that other parts of the military don't know about. Alternatively, they could be Chinese or (less likely) Russian.

As for whether they are actual aliens - I would say no. There are just too many sensors and recording devices around the planet to not see stuff like this.
That would have been my first guess, some kind of advanced drones. But supposedly the sheer speed and manoeuvrability is way in advance of what we can hope to achieve. Some of these videos are from 2004. There's no way with this technology available that top scientists working at NASA or in Universities aren't aware.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
That would have been my first guess, some kind of advanced drones. But supposedly the sheer speed and manoeuvrability is way in advance of what we can hope to achieve. Some of these videos are from 2004. There's no way with this technology available that top scientists working at NASA or in Universities aren't aware.
Our governments cant even order working PPE... there is no way they have been able to keep some cover up going for 17 years

luke511

This has been going on since the 40s/50s, and the government have reports around that time describing all the same characteristics as you see in the military reports today. The chinese or russians definitely didn't have the technology back then. The government have caught these things on radar plenty of times so the data's there, the sensors and recording devices are picking up on it.

altodevil

Our governments cant even order working PPE... there is no way they have been able to keep some cover up going for 17 years
I doubt many governments are even made aware. All kept within military circles. Isn't that why folk like Rubio are coming out now asking where the feck has this all come from?

Hectic

Supports
30fps

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/can-we-defeat-the-ocean.462430/

I'm right there with you guy.

Abizzz

Given how relaxed all the people in those videos are I can't help but feel that they know what it is. If they're on a military ship and something truly unidentified came near them at speed I somehow doubt they would be laughing.

gorky_utd

Will not believe until I see some HD pictures. If they are common events, chances are high that usa military would have taken some clear photos.

The Firestarter

Given how relaxed all the people in those videos are I can't help but feel that they know what it is. If they're on a military ship and something truly unidentified came near them at speed I somehow doubt they would be laughing.
They (most of the cases)are looking at blobs that represent thermal signatures of tracked objects. So their first assumption is not space invaders. Also, taking into account what a navy pilot training and day job entails, ability to stay relaxed is part of the job description. Also, this is not combat situation.

Abizzz

They (most of the cases)are looking at blobs that represent thermal signatures of tracked objects. So their first assumption is not space invaders. Also, taking into account what a navy pilot training and day job entails, ability to stay relaxed is part of the job description. Also, this is not combat situation.
How does one know if the thing is unidentified?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Half a century on, the quality of UFO pictures remain the same.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
There is not the slightest chance any of these videos get released if there is even the remotest of chances the objects are extraterrestrial in origin

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Half a century on, the quality of UFO pictures remain the same.
At least we've graduated from the lone rural fisherman on a boat in a pond at midnight with only his dog with him, to the military.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You're all stupid.

It's quite obvious the aliens camouflage is actually making themselves look pixelated. Genius move.