UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Krits

So having watched this then the Joe Rogan podcast with Bob Lazar (really interesting interview), It all seems really convincing. I still don't believe it, or I'm convincing myself that it can't be real. I know there is life out there, it has to be and I'm sure some of that life is more advanced than us. But has it come here? I don't know. But at least for once anyone who believes this, I cannot with absolutely certainty call that person a nutter. Its something I am not sure about and am interested to see where it leads.

If anyone has more info about this Bob Lazar guy and has done due diligence, would you be able to shed more light?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
So having watched this then the Joe Rogan podcast with Bob Lazar (really interesting interview), It all seems really convincing. I still don't believe it, or I'm convincing myself that it can't be real. I know there is life out there, it has to be and I'm sure some of that life is more advanced than us. But has it come here? I don't know. But at least for once anyone who believes this, I cannot with absolutely certainty call that person a nutter. Its something I am not sure about and am interested to see where it leads.

If anyone has more info about this Bob Lazar guy and has done due diligence, would you be able to shed more light?
Bob Lazar is a massive massive fraud I'm afraid. Great podcast, but you have to treat it as a radio play.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I saw what I thought was a UFO as a teenager in South Florida. Massive white cloud in a dark sky very early one morning. The light that illuminated the cloud was intense, then slowly dissipated and whatever its source was sped away. In retrospect, it was likely a rocket from a satellite launch up the coast at Cape Canaveral.

altodevil

I saw what I thought was a UFO as a teenager in South Florida. Massive white cloud in a dark sky very early one morning. The light that illuminated the cloud was intense, then slowly dissipated and whatever its source was sped away. In retrospect, it was likely a rocket from a satellite launch up the coast at Cape Canaveral.
Could have also been an iridium flare.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There is belief a wormhole or portal system exits in that area of the Atlantic, stretching to the islands, what some call the Bermuda Triangle. I have my doubts, of course.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Considering the amount of shit we tip into the ocean, these underwater folks would surely have emerged and given us a stern telling off by now.

Otherwise, perfectly plausible theory.
Yep, a perfect example of Occam's razor in full flow.

Fingeredmouse

Probably a super advanced sea based civilisation that evolved millions of years before us. Maybe they watch us but aren't interested in making contact because we're too aggressive and primitive... Possible they're down there somewhere but don't want us to find them. Or maybe even left the planet and went elsewhere.

Cetaceans started evolving about 50 million years ago, that is a long time to develop far beyond what we have in the last 250k years or so. We know something has probably messed around with the DNA of sperm whales 30k years ago, they all share a common eve ancestor from that time from genetic studies of them. That would seem to be impossible to have happened naturally. Sperm whales (and Orcas, possibly other cetaceans too) almost certainly have a language of some kind that people are trying to figure out.

As ridiculous as it sounds, that is the most logical explanation as I see it. Or it could be a civilisation from elsewhere that has a multi million year evolutionary advantage on us. Solution to the fermi paradox. It's not something to worry about, if a civilisation that is 50m+ years old wanted to wipe us out they likely would have already and we wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.
Yes. This is both probable and logical, I agree.
Sperm Whale DNA is well known to have been interfered with by an external agency - this is established scientific fact - and therefore everything else follows a priori from that.

Fingeredmouse

Yep, a perfect example of Occam's razor in full flow.
Quite, quite. All these convoluted explanations being invented regarding secret military tests or whatever when the simplest answer is so obvious: covert submarine hyper evolved geneticist aeronauts.

Krits

Bob Lazar is a massive massive fraud I'm afraid. Great podcast, but you have to treat it as a radio play.
Yeah, in the interview his body language and the fact that he kept losing his place in time was a little bit of red flag. But he did say he had a headache. Is there anything more you can tell me as to what you consider him a fraud? I'd love to do a deep dive in to this (hope I keep my sanity beyond it), if you have any links to reading material, I'd appreciate it.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Although there is absolutely a conversation to be had on whether they are some kind of attempt by the US military to seize more funding etc.
This. And only this.
They’re looking really hard for the next bogeyman to maintain or increase funding so they’re throwing this on to the wall to see if it sticks.

altodevil

Yeah, in the interview his body language and the fact that he kept losing his place in time was a little bit of red flag. But he did say he had a headache. Is there anything more you can tell me as to what you consider him a fraud? I'd love to do a deep dive in to this (hope I keep my sanity beyond it), if you have any links to reading material, I'd appreciate it.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
because starting a new cold war with china isnt enough?
That was to try to fill the void. The Chinese will win using trade and other means, not military weapons.
The US is still mad at Russia for stopping the game.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Quite, quite. All these convoluted explanations being invented regarding secret military tests or whatever when the simplest answer is so obvious: covert submarine hyper evolved geneticist aeronauts.
I totally dig that stuff - but why are we seeing these submarine people only while flying through the air? Is it just to confuse them, so we don't start doing an underwater SETI?

Last edited:

Do people really believe some civilization that's developed the technology to travel light years across space would get to within about 1,000 feet of earth and think 'nah, looks shit, let's go home'?

A lot of early UFO sightings are now known to be from things like the Lockheed Have Blue and various other X programs. God only knows whats flying about now.

altodevil

Do people really believe some civilization that's developed the technology to travel light years across space would get to within about 1,000 feet of earth and think 'nah, looks shit, let's go home'?

A lot of early UFO sightings are now known to be from things like the Lockheed Have Blue and various other X programs. God only knows whats flying about now.
That's missing the point. The thing about these UAPs is not that they test the limits of what could be considered possible with our present day understanding of physics, it's that they break them.

That's missing the point. The thing about these UAPs is not that they test the limits of what could be considered possible with our present day understanding of physics, it's that they break them.
In grainy video footage or sporadic radar blips. Nothing we can be certain of.

luke511

Are you trying to make out that it'd be utterly pointless for an extraterrestrial species to study and monitor Earth from a distance?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Are you trying to make out that it'd be utterly pointless for an extraterrestrial species to study and monitor Earth from a distance?
They're not really doing that, though, are they? They're getting close enough for hundreds of observations. Anyone with the ability to cross interstellar space would have the ability to remain completely undetected.

luke511

They're not really doing that, though, are they? They're getting close enough for hundreds of observations. Anyone with the ability to cross interstellar space would have the ability to remain completely undetected.
They're not really doing what? Observing from a distance? I would class observing from the sky as distance.. I didn't mean it in such a literal sense by the way. More like study and monitor Earth without disturbing its natural evolution.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm sorry, but what a load of shit. Beard man doesn't speak any English that makes sense, it's all round about ways, and the other guy clearly just wants money. There's no balance there, it's classic sensationalism.

UAP's are a real thing, but this sort of shit is exactly why there's so much skepticism. The only thing less believable than alien craft is the story that only now are the American congress taking this seriously and it's all new to them. Ties hand in hand with the "SPACE FORCE!" shite from Trump.

Oh and shoutout to the shit quality videos and the explanation that "well everything moves too fast" :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
They're not really doing what? Observing from a distance? I would class observing from the sky as distance.. I didn't mean it in such a literal sense by the way. More like study and monitor Earth without disturbing its natural evolution.
That's what I would assume any alien would do (though ultimately I don't believe anyone would have made it here). But I also think that if the goal is to monitor without disturbing the natural course of events, staying completely undetected would be a core motivation.

luke511

That's what I would assume any alien would do (though ultimately I don't believe anyone would have made it here). But I also think that if the goal is to monitor without disturbing the natural course of events, staying completely undetected would be a core motivation.
Yeah and they could well be for the majority of the time, a lot of the sightings have been close to military activity, maybe they sacrifice their visibility in that rare moment to test how most advanced our aircrafts are compared to theirs. They could be highly advanced AI drones, where they're programmed to be as stealthy as possible but sometimes they're spotted. They have been recorded doing up to 600g apparently, which makes me think theres no way life could be on board that, saying that if they can do 600g then they've already figured something out about gravity that we haven't, who knows what the true capabilities could be.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
ET pods/vessels
Unknown Earthly civilization pods/vessels
Higher dimension intersection
Parallel/multiverse intersection
Block universe theory
Simulation stuff
Natural/unnatural phenomena

Perhaps more possibilities than I know?

The Firestarter

ET pods/vessels
Unknown Earthly civilization pods/vessels
Higher dimension intersection
Parallel/multiverse intersection
Block universe theory
Simulation stuff
Natural/unnatural phenomena

Perhaps more possibilities than I know?
Future civilization going back in time

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Why is this not all everyone is talking about? Seriously who give two flying fecks that some Journo tricked someone, UFO's are Fecking real!