UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

PepG

Supports
Ajax
99 percent of this videos are fake. In todays era of internet and technologies everything is basically possible.Only trustworthy are these taken by the official sources like military, airports etc..

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

the_cliff

You would've thought that over the last 4900 odd years of recorded history starting with the Sumerians there would be at least one mention of some sort of ET being if they did exist.

It's only know, with the invention of aircraft that they've started being sighted.

TheLiverBird

You would've thought that over the last 4900 odd years of recorded history starting with the Sumerians there would be at least one mention of some sort of ET being if they did exist.

It's only know, with the invention of aircraft that they've started being sighted.
That’s drastically factually incorrect

have you done any research in this topic?? There are many depictions and accounts in ancient scripts of strange things in the skies just like today.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

There are literally recordings everywhere including etched on walls by the earliest people.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
There are NO records on Earth being visited by other species, all supposed evidence is open to interpretation and mislabel..the whole UFO consipracy is as annoying as the flat earth theory and equally dumb.

stevoc

There are NO records on Earth being visited by other species, all supposed evidence is open to interpretation and mislabel..the whole UFO consipracy is as annoying as the flat earth theory and equally dumb.
But we know that the Earth isn't flat.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
But we know that the Earth isn't flat.
Yes and we also know for a fact that the chance us to be visited by other intelligent lifeforms is basically zero because of the unimaginable vastness of space, but here we are, arent we?!

luke511

Yes and we also know for a fact that the chance us to be visited by other intelligent lifeforms is basically zero because of the unimaginable vastness of space, but here we are, arent we?!
No we don’t, bringing probabilities into this discussion is pure speculation. The best tool we have at measuring within our own galaxy is the Fermi Paradox and depending what you put in for the unknown variables, regularity of life and complex life, can vary as much as we’re alone or we should already have been visited. It isn’t conclusive in the slightest.

stevoc

So you're telling me there's a chance?

stevoc

On a serious note are you confident that on the trillions upon trillions of worlds in the universe and over billions of years that no intelligent species were advanced enough to crack interstellar travel?

PepG

Supports
Ajax
On a serious note are you confident that on the trillions upon trillions of worlds in the universe and over billions of years that no intelligent species were advanced enough to crack interstellar travel?
No, i am confident enough that even if they did the chances to meet exactly us on our planet in our Solar system in that particular galaxy are pretty low..so low that all 8 billion people on this Earth hitting the jackpot at the same time will be more likely event..

stevoc

No, i am confident enough that even if they did the chance to meet exactly us on our planet in our Solar system in that particular galaxy are pretty low..so low that all 8 billion people on this Earth to hit the jackpot at the same time will be more likely...
If one species did develop interstellar travel they'd have to be amazingly advanced technologically. So much so that their medical science would probably also make them virtually immortal or at least very long lived.

Wouldn't such a species likely become explorers and travel the galaxies seeking out other intelligent life at various stages of development to observe and study?

Just as humans study anything and everything we have access to.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
So, that's not what we were discussing.

That guy said no depictions of flying craft, which is false.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

If you're talking specifically about sightings then I seem to remember Josephus writing about a UFO battle that supposedly occurred. Bet there's a fair few scattered about to be honest.

Edit - Here's a few: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reported_UFO_sightings#Antiquity

Last edited:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Also: meth and cocaine are a thing.
I think acid, mushrooms and to a certain extent weed and alcohol are probably more responsible for drug induced UFO sightings.

So you're telling me there's a chance?
:lol: I like it A LOT!
So low that all 8 billion people on this Earth hitting the jackpot at the same time will be more likely event..
But if the universe is infinite then there has to be a planet where all 8 billion of us do hit the jackpot at the same time. I'd hate to be on the planet where I am the one person who doesn't win it and the other 7.999,999,999 others win it. I would then literally be the unluckiest person on the planet.

Seriously though, I don't think we have been visited yet, but I am absolutely certain there is an abundance of life on other planets throughout the universe.

The infinite universe/possibility theory truly fecking blows my mind when I try to get my head around it.

TheLiverBird

Granted baring in mind the vastness of space, travelling at the speed of light isn’t going too get you very far, making the idea of Intelligent life forms visiting us via this method almost impossible unless they are immortal beings.

However you disregard the best tested theory in Physics, being Quantum Physics. Air travel was once but a theory until we mastered that, I wouldn’t even say we’ve mastered it, but we can do it now.

Quantum is a theory for the most part, but entirely feasible, imagine if one day we mastered that? Or perhaps imagine if there are already other life forms that have mastered it for millennia? Hence the not outlandish possibility we’ve been visited.

Fingeredmouse

But if the universe is infinite then there has to be a planet where all 8 billion of us do hit the jackpot at the same time. I'd hate to be on the planet where I am the one person who doesn't win it and the other 7.999,999,999 others win it. I would then literally be the unluckiest person on the planet.

Seriously though, I don't think we have been visited yet, but I am absolutely certain there is an abundance of life on other planets throughout the universe.

The infinite universe/possibility theory truly fecking blows my mind when I try to get my head around it.
Why does the Universe being infinite mean all possible things exist? I don't see how that follows.

Tarrou

It doesn't. Or at least not possible as in "you can imagine it". There is no planet out there where everything is identical with Earth except everyone is a clone of Eric Cantona.
or antony can kick with his right foot

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Why does the Universe being infinite mean all possible things exist? I don't see how that follows.
I was taking the piss (a little) with my example in reply of everyone winning the lottery except me. More just saying that the infinite universe/possibility theory does mean that by that very definition, everything is possible.

So taking that further you have to consider that somewhere a planet and its species has evolved with enough intelligence to build spacecraft that can travel across/through galaxies/universes and has potentially visited here before or has the potential to do so in the future. Although, as many here have said, it's highly unlikely. You just can't count it out with absolute certainty.