UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Unless you would would uncritically believe a random person today who claimed on TikTok to have seen a UFO, why would you uncritically believe accounts from people who had a vastly worse understanding than us of how the world works? And that's if you start out by assuming they're supposed to show aliens, which there's pretty much no evidence for.

If you're going to believe them when they tell you aliens visited them, you also have to believe them when they tell you the mountain god eats the sun during eclipses, or that the lightning striking near their cave was evidence of the sky god's displeasure with their lack of human sacrifice.
We'd need about 8.6 million sacrifices a day, so we'd have to up the birthrate by about x25

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Of course the other side of this thread that myself and some others arent doing is entertaining the fun side of the idea we have been visited many times over the history of Earth.
I dont think there would be worldwide chaos if those with actual evidence were to reelease it to the general public. It would be the biggest story in the history of humanity but it would once the dust settled become one of intense curiosity.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Of course the other side of this thread that myself and some others arent doing is entertaining the fun side of the idea we have been visited many times over the history of Earth.
I dont think there would be worldwide chaos if those with actual evidence were to reelease it to the general public. It would be the biggest story in the history of humanity but it would once the dust settled become one of intense curiosity.
Yeah I don't buy the "worldwide chaos" idea either.

We've literally just shut down the whole world for a virus, I think if anything now would be the perfect time since we are battle hardened :lol:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Yeah I don't buy the "worldwide chaos" idea either.

We've literally just shut down the whole world for a virus, I think if anything now would be the perfect time since we are battle hardened :lol:
The bit that might be tricky to navigate would be the releasing of Alien technology to everyone. Whoever owns that would have a certain amount of leverage over the rest of the world I guess.

nickm

I think it would be terrifying for many people, you can see the reactions to ChatGPT for an idea of what it might look like - imagine the reaction to Google announcing it had created sentient AI and was releasing it onto the Net. I think it would be way more shocking than even that.

So many assumptions about our place in the universe are built into our thoughts, ideas, languages - even the word 'alien' has connotations that 'extraterrestrial' does not. All that would have to go. It would be disorienting at a basic level, I think. It could even completely kill human drive and innovation - why bother after all, when the alien culture has discovered it already? How many times has the arrival of a technologically and culturally more advanced power gone well for indigenous cultures?

And of course we don't know the nature of these aliens. Imagine if they were a machine intelligence, who'd evolved from meat ancestors? That would even more shocking I think.

We already have people who are xenophobic about other humans.

Last edited:

RedRover

Eyewitness evidence alone is worthless. Even from experts (whose expertise might not always be as applicable to the phenomenon as you might think). All anyone can really say is they don't know what they saw. And even with the recent videos (many explained immediately as soon as the right kind of professional saw them), it's still the same kind of blurry photo type evidence we've always had. Where's the weird material? The device that does something in some way that nobody can explain? You think something would have turned up by now. Until then, UFOs are just ghost stories for people who quite like technology, IMO.
There's data and video available for the Fravor event. It was leaked and ended up on the front of the New York Times. Other videos and evidence has been leaked and verified by the US Government as legitimate. People have (as you should) tried to debunk some of this evidence but it's not conclusive.

The suggestion is that any "weird materiel" is collected by governments and ends up locked up at Lockheed Martin or similar, where (as you'd expect) they try to understand it in order to weaponize it. If something unknown was found, that's what I'd expect would happen to it. Whoever cracks (for example) anti-gravity flight perhaps becomes unbeatable in any future war.

I have never given any credence to UFO's in the past. It's fun to think about but as you say, other than witnesses, there's no evidence and clearly, the vast majority of it can be explained. But when you have a genuine, high ranking US intelligence officer, standing up in congressional hearings and telling everyone that he's speaking to people with first hand knowledge of black budget programs researching this stuff, that lends more credence to it.

The fact that this stuff is being discussed at the higher levels of the US Government is fascinating. Be interesting to see what happens.

dinostar77

LIVE: Rep. Luna, Others Hold Bipartisan Press Conference on UAP Transparency Bill
She doesnt hold back "..stop barring us from the truth".

People on both sides of the fence should watch this its fascinating...

Last edited:

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Was watching one of these ufo home video shows years ago, and there was this one with a spinning white object in the sky.
I said see what's that then? She said ow it's just a washing machine. I said is that the rational explanation then is it?

Castia

We‘ll get some type of disclosure within the next 12 months in my opinion. We probably won’t get all the details about what technology the governments hold but we’ll get confirmation of other life.

I predict a massive leak if this bill doesn’t go through.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Would not have SETI detected signals from alien spacecraft if they'd been in our neighbourhood a few times.

nimic

something nice
Scout
We‘ll get some type of disclosure within the next 12 months in my opinion. We probably won’t get all the details about what technology the governments hold but we’ll get confirmation of other life.

I predict a massive leak if this bill doesn’t go through.
My prediction is that we won't get anything, but that in a year or two we'll go through all of this again as the want-to-believers latch on to another pilot saying he thinks aliens tried to Top Gun him.

Castia

My prediction is that we won't get anything, but that in a year or two we'll go through all of this again as the want-to-believers latch on to another pilot saying he thinks aliens tried to Top Gun him.
Possibly but there’s never been this much noise i think we’ll get some huge breakthroughs in the next 18 months

Lets see

Counterfactual

Would not have SETI detected signals from alien spacecraft if they'd been in our neighbourhood a few times.
"The huge yellow somethings went unnoticed at Goonhilly, they passed over Cape Canaveral without a blip, Woomera and Jodrell Bank looked straight through them – which was a pity because it was exactly the sort of thing they'd been looking for all these years. ... Miles above the surface of the planet the huge yellow somethings began to fan out. At Jodrell Bank, someone decided it was time for a nice relaxing cup of tea."
From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (1979)

stevoc

Yea above a Ghz the hydrogen line. I guess if they wanted to be stealth?
Well from the accounts we've heard from the US Navy pikots they can be picked up on Radar so I suppose they don't really care about stealth.