UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Laurencio

"Oval, silver, no propulsion, classified".
It's like they are trying to get conspiracy theorists to think about the tic tac.
:lol:

The Firestarter

"Oval, silver, no propulsion, classified".
It's like they are trying to get conspiracy theorists to think about the tic tac.
:lol:
If it was what the insinuation is, they didn't need to announce any shooting down has taken place , let alone in the middle of nofeckingwhere. They know very well what it is, and it is of distinctly terrestrial origin.

Laurencio

If it was what the insinuation is, they didn't need to announce any shooting down has taken place , let alone in the middle of nofeckingwhere. They know very well what it is, and it is of distinctly terrestrial origin.
Obviously, Chinese drone is fairly likely.

prateik

Its gotta be something from Russia or China.. the question is, how does the US not know what it is?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

So apparently NORAD has reduced the filters on incoming data recently leading to more things being observed. This makes me wonder if NORAD knew there was a bunch of stuff up there getting through but the spy balloon made them reassess, or if they were clueless about what was coming over until they tried this.

UpWithRivers

A theory - What if China/Russia have thousands of these made at 500 dollars each. What are the US going to do then? Shoot them all down with 500,000 dollar missiles? Then in amongst them they can have legit ones with bombs.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
A theory - What if China/Russia have thousands of these made at 500 dollars each. What are the US going to do then? Shoot them all down with 500,000 dollar missiles? Then in amongst them they can have legit ones with bombs.
Does the AIM9L Sidewinder really cost that much.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Why, though? What's the play here? If Russia or China bomb the US in any way, no matter the delivery system, they are going to be bombed back with overwhelming force. It's not like a prank or a clever loophole where the US just has to shrug their shoulders and say "you got us".

AlPistacho

They sent it to give us the cure to all illnesses… so of course it had to be shot down. Don’t they know, treatment is where the money is at not cure.

AlPistacho

China also reporting an unidentified object… of course no images or videos.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
If it was aliens, would they tell us?
You know the starship breakthrough thing where we plan to send thousands of little spaceships 10 cm in size to Proxima Centauri? Could it be like that? They need to catch one…

Simbo

It appears these may be Russian tank turrets that have not yet come down.

Red Rash

Will the US sanction China in anyway for this or will there be no consequences?

Red_toad

Should just send up an A10 to shoot them, no idea why they're wasting money with missiles when they have an aircraft that could do the same thing with 1 shot.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Should just send up an A10 to shoot them, no idea why they're wasting money with missiles when they have an aircraft that could do the same thing with 1 shot.
Can the A10 actually get to that height?

AlPistacho

Is it just normal stuff that used to happen that the USA have now decided to start shooting down after the balloon took liberties?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Surely they don’t scramble all these aircraft for random balloons/harmless objects?

AlPistacho

Surely they don’t scramble all these aircraft for random balloons/harmless objects?
Not harmless. But I’m wondering if it’s things the Chinese ( or whoever) used to send around US airspace that the USA used to just let slide, but then the balloon went too far so now they are just sending a message. Or if it’s a new thing and new escalation? I’m hoping it’s the former.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Not harmless. But I’m wondering if it’s things the Chinese ( or whoever) used to send around US airspace that the USA used to just let slide, but then the balloon went too far so now they are just sending a message. Or if it’s a new thing and new escalation? I’m hoping it’s the former.
Pretty sure I heard that these balloons have been happening regularly for years. I think this is just the US saying "no thanks".

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
These other objects are different. The Chinese have even reported one over their territory