Should be interesting!

buckooo1978

i hope we get a bit of luck - we're certainly due some

last couple of years we've had tough aways after European games

Revan

Assumptionman
i hope we get a bit of luck - we're certainly due some

last couple of years we've had tough aways after European games
Yeah, the group stage for us has been extremely difficult, all those great teams we had to play.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Pot 1
Barcelona​
Bayern München​
Real Madrid​
Chelsea
Manchester United​
Benfica​
Arsenal​
FC Porto​
Pot 2
Atlético Madrid​
AC Milan​
Schalke 04​
Shakhtar Donetsk​
Olympique Marseille​
CSKA Moscow​
Paris Saint-Germain​
Juventus​
Pot 3
Zenit St. Petersburg​
Manchester City​
Ajax​
Borussia Dortmund​
FC Basel​
Olympiakos Piraeus​
Bayer Leverkusen​
Galatasaray​
Pot 4
Napoli​
Anderlecht​
FC København​
Celtic/Shaktar Karadand​
Viktoria Plzen/Maribor​
Austria Vienna​
Real Sociedad​
Steaua Bucurestit​

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Yeah, the group stage for us has been extremely difficult, all those great teams we had to play.
We've keep havibg to play the giants of Portugal! And, ermm, Swizerland! And Turkey!

Revan

Assumptionman
We've keep havibg to play the giants of Portugal! And, ermm, Swizerland! And Turkey!
And Otelui Galati or whatever was it's name. Seriously speaking, we have been the luckiest teams in the draw for the last few seasons.

We could get Juventus, Dortmund, andNapoli... :eek:
Hmm, not sure about that. We could get only one of Juve/Napoli

KiD MoYeS

And Otelui Galati or whatever was it's name. Seriously speaking, we have been the luckiest teams in the draw for the last few seasons.

Hmm, not sure about that. We could get only one of Juve/Napoli
Oh yeah, my bad.

Replace Juventus with Paris...

KiD MoYeS

Pot 2 and 3 are probably as strong as each other.

Be amazing if City got a shit draw again.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Bayern/Madrid/Barcelona, PSG/AC/Juventus/Shaktar, City, Napoli - that'd be brilliant.

United, PSG/AC/Juventus/Shaktar, Dortmund, Napoli - not so brilliant.

However, would it help the group stages be a better learning curve for Moyes if it were to be tough? I reckon so.. even though it might be tough getting through and could make for some tough combination weeks in the Premier League.

I'm glad we're getting a number of our tough fixtures out the way before the CL starts.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
There's not really any possible group that I don't fully believe we couldn't get the required 10 points from.

For City, moving up to pot 3 is a huge thing taking those teams out of the equation, but still they'll have two tough teams from the top two pots in with them giving them only one 'easy' team. Would love to see them fecked out in last place this year.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
City didn't move up to pot 3, they were in pot 2 last season.

Goooose

We went out in the 2nd round. I'm sick of all the no-mark games we end up playing. The Champions League used to feel special, even when we'd play the likes of Brondby, now the group stages feel like 3rd/4th round League Cup games.

Siorac

We went out in the 2nd round. I'm sick of all the no-mark games we end up playing. The Champions League used to feel special, even when we'd play the likes of Brondby, now the group stages feel like 3rd/4th round League Cup games.
He's a Chelsea fan.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Doesn't matter what the actual draw is, people will complain about Chelsea and Arsenal getting an easy ride while we have a 'tricky group' anyway.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
There is this rule of pairing and segregating teams from same country to different matchdays. England having 4 countries will have 2 in one slot (group A-D) and 2 in other (E-H). Are these pairings pre-decided for ex. United-Chelsea in one and Arsenal-City in other or is it random and decided during draw?

I think it is random. For ex. For pot 1 draw, If United come out of draw first for England teams, they will go into A-D. If Chelsea comes out 2nd, they will go into E-H. Then Arsenal will go in A-D again, so when City come out in draw for pot 3 teams, they will go into E-H(in a group not containing Chelsea of course). Bayern will be in that segment where there is only 1 English team as Real and Barca will be kept in separate segments and so will Porto-Benfica. So one segment will have 2 English teams, 1 Spanish and 1 Portuguese while other will have 1 English, 1 Spanish, 1 German and 1 Portuguese. This also means, City have 1/3 chance of being in Bayern's group before pot 3 teams are being picked.