UEFA Champions League 2013-14 draw

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Are we in any danger of moving down to pot 2 if we don't have a good run this season?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Definitely not with the likes of Arsenal, Benfica and Porto in the pot with us. You speak as if we haven't gone very far in recent years.
Wasn't having a shot at the club. Not too sure how these things work so just curious

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Really? How did they manage to move up to pot 2 so quickly being a relatively new team to European football.
http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

City had played in Europa for couple of seasons and had decent coefficient points. Plus, the previous year, 2011-12 they had made it to europa, so impact was reduced. The country's coefficient is also a factor in calculating club coefficient and that helped a bit. Add to the fact that some of the teams ahead of City in coefficient were not playing in 2012-13 season for ex. Inter, Liverpool etc.

This year they are paying price for being eliminated as 4th team in group stage last year. Juventus has just sneaked in front of them and Zenit are also just ahead. If they had even came 3rd in group last year, they would have been ahead in coefficient than these two and hence in pot 2.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Really? How did they manage to move up to pot 2 so quickly being a relatively new team to European football.
You don't need that many points to get to top 2, at least up until more recently. Not many teams are consistent enough to accumulate points every season. They made a good deal of points in their 08/09 (quarter-finals), 10/11 and 11/12 (both times final 16) Europa League performances.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
In my FM game I had PSG, Valencia and Dortmund in my group. I finished 3rd:nervous:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think it's possible to have one of them really easy groups like we've had in the past. The easiest we could probably hope for would be Schalke, Olympiakos and Viktoria. Olympiakos I'm assuming is the weakest out of the 3rd pot teams (competing with Basel but wouldn't fancy them with how they've played in recent years). Even half of that 4th pot is pretty strong. Don't think anyone will have a nice and easy ride to the next round.

kps88

Has anything happened yet? This has been going on for over an hour, right?
Draw not started yet. Just got done with a magnificent performance of interpretive French dance, backed by Shakira on vocals and lots of Pique closeups.

kps88

FFS start the draw already; these two just keep talking. The woman is hot though.

kps88

Shit. We could have gotten an imaginary draw going here for Eboue and Akash.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol: Thanks though KPS. Switched on TV to see Danny score a stunner

Arruda

Supports
Porto
Love the draw. I'm going to make my own.

Dominos

We'll be sweating the nightmare draw of PSG, Dortmund, Napoli. No need to worry too much if we draw just one of the danger teams but 2 or more then it's panic time. We'd be very unlucky though, Juve are the others I don't want to face but if we did we then can't get Napoli.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The only 'easy' team in pot 3 is Olympiacos. Really tough draw this year, will be exciting for the neutral. Bit worried for the English sides this year though given it is so difficult.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Since I'm not expecting us to win it in Moyes' first year in charge, I'd actually enjoy a really exciting, tough group. Something like

United
PSG
Dortmund
Napoli

...would be amazing. The sort of matches the Champions League is all about.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
This is what I came up with. The restrictions really curb the chances. As soon as I was drawing the pot 1 teams for group C and D I was already restricted as it had to be one Spanish and one Portuguese team. City and Sociedad weren't drawn to group D, I had to put them there as they had to occupy the first half (ABCD) due to the splitting of 2 teams from each country on each matchday. I did it more for the fun of testing these restrictions. Inevitably some very tough groups will come.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I predict Atletico Madrid, Ajax & Celtic.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Pogba and FSW to knock us out of CL.You heard it here first.

(I think this year will be though, but we should get to the latter stages)