UEFA Champions League Matchday 1 fixtures (18th - 19th Sep 2018) | Kick off @ 17:55 and 20:00 BST

red4ever 79

Why are PSG so shit in the CL
Because they are used to playing utter garbage week in week out, so they fall into minimum performance levels. When they come up against decent teams they struggle. Who the feck would want to play in France, garbage league a crappy tower

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
You create your own luck in instances like this pen so fair enough, but that doesn't fly with the decisions that don't go for the opposition against Liverpool so often
Son should’ve had a penalty for a more obvious foul on Saturday v Liverpool than the one Wijnaldum got tonight. It was barely even highlighted post-match, then.

I hate them.

SharpshooterTom

In what universe does Neymar in any way dream he will ever rival Messi. He's niwhere near that good.
He's not as good as Messi no one's saying he is.

But Barca had a routine match against PSV and PSG are away to Liverpool. Messi would struggle under these conditions as well.

Pagh Wraith

PSG is a pointless team. They will never amount to anything and anyone who goes there is wasting their career (I'm looking at you Neymar). They don't get challenged domestically and it is going to hurt them time and time again in Europe. I had laugh when pundits made them favourites against Real last season.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Was the original joke made because the keeper is called Areola? Didn’t realise it was him in goal, great pun to start it off, love it.

If it stays like this, the keeper will have painful mammaries of this game
I've been playing this since kick off without much notice....

Blackwidow

Juan Bernat. Only looks decent when play under Pep in Bayern.
Nah. The Barcelona match when he finally was allowed to play in a big match...

Last year Rafinha started on the left side when Alaba was injured even if he is a right winger and Bernat was available. Bernat is not bad offensively but lacks defensively.

James Peril

Classic Liverpool, anyone surprised? Let’s wait until the end of the season when it really matters. These players will be dead tired just like last season and the season before, when they ended up with zero trophies. This game isn’t over

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
It started with Milner winning that ball PSG thought was going out. Milner not only won it , he found a first time pass, and then the sheer pace caught them out.

Liverpool, as usual, have shown far more energy, desire and will.

ArseHat

Meunier with the surprisingly good finish. Huge goal for them going into halftime.